We stayed 2 nites for a convention in May 2015. This is a $300+ / room place, so you expect certain things at this price point.
First the good: the lobby is great, the staff very welcoming, and our room itself was clean and modern. No problems here.
But at this price point, I expect free wifi in the room, not a surcharge of $12-15/day for internet access. Guys, it's not 1996 anymore. Internet is infrastructure: if you don't charge extra for electricity or water and you cater to biz / convention clientele, free internet is assumed. Big shock.
Also, we tried breakfast at the resto in the lobby: how about $21 for 2 eggs, bacon, hash brown, and toast? My wife had the eggs benedict and couldn't finish one, it was so poorly prepared. Big minus here. We all get that hotel restos are selling convenience but we really felt ripped off.
With so many other hotels a block away, I would stay at any of the others on my next visit.
Dear managers: this is your wakeup call. Get to work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the culture of DC while experiencing true sophistication at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. When you arrive at our hotel, you will feel as if you have found a hidden gem amongst everything that makes DC exciting. Award winning restaurants, boutique shopping, CityCenterDC, Verizon Center, Spy Museum, Chinatown, National Portrait Gallery and the world-famous National Mall are all steps from our hotel but will feel worlds away once you experience everything we have to offer. Our newly renovated hotel offers five dining options, including a Starbucks Cafe, a vibrant lounge, an onsite day spa and Vida fitness center. Uncover the best of DC with Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, a luxury hotel in downtown DC that strikes the perfect balance of style and substance. Our hotel will leave you wondering how you can be so close to the Washington DC Convention Center, CityCenterDC, and Penn Quarter yet feel as if you've found your next great escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc Hotel
- Washington Dc Renaissance