“Awesome visit!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   999 Ninth St NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 15% off
Ranked #57 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Awesome visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My family and I stayed two nights at the Renaissance. The hotel was beautiful and right in the midst f everything you could possibly want to do. We walked to the White House, Lincoln Memorial, National Mall, and the Martin Luther King exhibit. The hotel was within walking distance f the Ford's Theater as well as China Town. The parking across the street was much more reasonable than the valet parking that will probably still pop up on your receipt even if you don't use it. (check your bill and account before leaving!!) Check in and check out was quick. They even have a computer for you to print your boarding passes in the lobby. There's also a Starbucks.
The beds were extremely comfortable and the shower head was amazing! The room stayed stocked with plenty of towels and wash cloths. We plan on returning to DC before the year is out and we will definitely be staying at the Renaissance again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were in DC for one night, and tried to cram as much sight seeing as we could into our short stay. The Renaissance was in a great location, 15-20 minute walk from the White House and monuments, and 5-10 minutes from several restaurants. I'm not sure if we were drop dead tried, or if the beds were extraordinarily comfortable - but I had one of the best nights sleep I've had in a while :) If we ever make it back to DC (I hope we do) we'll definitely check out this hotel again.

Stayed August 2014
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Have stayed in Marriott's Renaissance hotels before, including the Mayflower.. where they once turned the water off all night. I guess I should have learned my lesson.
Pros - Rooms are well equipped with up to date functioning, sleekly styled appointments and are fairly clean. Very comfortable bed.
Cons - Did not honor our request for a high floor and were told concierge floor services not available on weekends - breakfast voucher instead. Room was close to the building next door so it was dark, it overlooked an alley where, sadly, many homeless men spent their night on benches. Tried to get food at 10 pm and were rudely handed a menu in the Sports Bar (the only place open on a Sat. night at 10) with 4 items on it! This is supposed to be a trendy hotel, how could there not be more food offered on a Sat night?!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Sharon L, General Manager at Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Merlin V,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience at our hotel.

I certainly understand your frustration at the limited menu offered in our hotel the evening you were here. I have discussed it with our Director of Restaurants and he and our culinary team are working on creating a more inventive fun variety of menu items to welcome our late night guests. I thank you for your feedback - it inspired our team to complete this project sooner than later!

I understand your concern that our club lounge is not open on the weekends; we do value our elite guests and offer them a full breakfast for two in our 15 Squares restaurant which offers omelets and waffles as well as the normal fare in our club lounge.

I do hope that you try Renaissance again (as well as our hotel) as we value our discoverer's feedback which allows us to improve our service.

Sharon Lockwood
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Good accommodations, attentive personnel, decent location...makes for a good business hotel. It was a short distance from some decent eateries but also the restaurant inside was good too. Better if you don't have a car...hassle navigating through DC to get there but easy access to the freeway when leaving. On that note, the valet was efficient.

• Stayed June 2014
Walden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two kids as our last road trip stop and boy was I impressed. The location was right in the heart of everything! When we entered the hotel it was simply beautiful and classy. I checked in through my mobile phone so all I needed to do was pick up my keys. I even checked out from my mobile phone which was convenient! The room was facing the city so we had a great view. It was clean and comfortable and I was really impressed. The bathroom was modern and I loved loved the shower head! Breakfast was amazing! Everything was fresh and tasty! Thankfully our rate included breakfast and valet because by themselves breakfast is 50.00 for two adults with children 12 and under free and valet would have been 42.00 per day! Always look for a bundle because it's cheaper that way! There's a Starbucks in the lobby for the coffee lovers and a nice bar as well. We ordered dinner in our room which was pricey but was presented nicely and tasted great! Overall I would stay here again! I will say that if you plan to sleep in put the do not disturb sign outside of your door! Room service knocked on our door at 9am! lol

Stayed August 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel last week for a conference and the room and hotel were great. However, when I got home and unpacked I realized that I left a bag of my jewelry in the hotel room safe. What an idiot! It had been about 3 days since I checked out so I called the hotel and they connected me to Loss Prevention. I spoke to a very nice man, who put me on hold for a bit, and came back to tell me they found it and would ship it back to me. It arrived within days. I would have been heartbroken to have lost the jewelry- it included two pairs of Tiffany earrings and some pieces my husband had bought for me.

I feel like this could have gone a couple of different directions with someone telling me the stuff was gone or just giving me the run around but instead the gentleman there was helpful, honest and courteous. Unfortunately you don't get this kind of customer service everywhere these days and it is so appreciated!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hubby had a work trip, so me and the two kids tagged along. The pros: Great location, close to a lot of good restaurants, has a Starbucks INSIDE (which is great for your early morning java fix), can print boarding passes in the lobby, hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating, and our room was always well cleaned. The cons: The size of the room (traveling with two small kids), late checkout was only until 1pm, cost to self-park was $35/day (more than it cost us to park at our airport for the 5 days we were gone!), we were on the 9th floor, but could hear all of the street traffic. Overall, it was a nice stay, but if we went back, it would be without the kids.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel? Share your experiences!