We had a very nice stay here over a long weekend in DC. There were quite a few choices, but this seemed like the best value for our last minute trip downtown... and the central location was ideal. Yes, there's lots of construction going on in that area, but it wasn't a bother at all. It was a beautiful Spring weekend and if you don't mind walking, there's lots to see with the Mall and monuments nearby. We attended two Nationals games and a Capitals game. Verizon Center is only a few blocks away... and Nats Park is a quick Metro rail ride away (although we decided to walk that also!). I can't comment much on the hotel itself outside of saying that it was comfortable and clean. We had a great night's sleep. We didn't have too many dealings with the staff since we were pretty much on the go the whole time, but everyone we dealt with seemed quite pleasant. Overall, a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend the Renaissance. The only thing to add is that parking is expensive, so you might look for other options outside of keeping your car in the hotel. Tip: on Sundays, you should have no problem finding street parking for free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the culture of DC while experiencing true sophistication at Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel. When you arrive at our hotel, you will feel as if you have found a hidden gem amongst everything that makes DC exciting. Award winning restaurants, boutique shopping, CityCenterDC, Verizon Center, Spy Museum, Chinatown, National Portrait Gallery and the world-famous National Mall are all steps from our hotel but will feel worlds away once you experience everything we have to offer. Our newly renovated hotel offers five dining options, including a Starbucks Cafe, a vibrant lounge, an onsite day spa and Vida fitness center. Uncover the best of DC with Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, a luxury hotel in downtown DC that strikes the perfect balance of style and substance. Our hotel will leave you wondering how you can be so close to the Washington DC Convention Center, CityCenterDC, and Penn Quarter yet feel as if you've found your next great escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc Hotel
- Washington Dc Renaissance