Perhaps it wasn't the best time to stay - the weekend of the 4th July. The hotel was very busy and there were long queues at the reception area. There was a slight mix-up with our reservation which had been made through a travel agent here in the UK. It was sorted out relatively quickly though.
Our suite was large and tastefully furnished, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was also large and had a separate (nice deep) bath and shower. Some attention to detail was missing though - toiletries were average and not replensished daily. Bathrobes were provided but were not of the best quality and no slippers were provided. There was also no turn down service. The room also had no safe. The explanation for this was that "the hotel is very old". We've stayed in older hotels which have room safes. The alternative is to hire a safety deposit box in the reception area. This is both inconvenient and time-consuming, particularly when the hotel is very busy.
The food in the bar/restaurant was so-so. Nothing to write home about.
Service was, overall, of the standard expected in such a hotel but again, nothing to write home about. We've encountered friendlier staff in different hotels but, staff here were pleasant and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel effortlessly blends historic tradition and modern luxury here in the heart of the Nation's Capital. Once described by President Truman as Washington, DC's "second best address", our hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and has captivated visitors since opening its doors in 1925. Many of the luxury touches that originally graced the hotel have been preserved - along with contemporary amenities designed to enhance your stay. 657 Guest rooms and 74 luxury suites boast marble bathrooms and deluxe bath products; flat-screen TVs and high-speed Internet access allow you to relax or connect as you see fit. Our magnificent Mayflower Suite features a private terrace with stunning Washington, DC views. Hosting an event? We offer sophisticated venue space to suit any occasion. And our prime downtown location enables you to explore this fascinating city with ease. Book an unforgettable stay with us at The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel
- Mayflower Hotel Dc