Perhaps it wasn't the best time to stay - the weekend of the 4th July. The hotel was very busy and there were long queues at the reception area. There was a slight mix-up with our reservation which had been made through a travel agent here in the UK. It was sorted out relatively quickly though.
Our suite was large and tastefully furnished, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was also large and had a separate (nice deep) bath and shower. Some attention to detail was missing though - toiletries were average and not replensished daily. Bathrobes were provided but were not of the best quality and no slippers were provided. There was also no turn down service. The room also had no safe. The explanation for this was that "the hotel is very old". We've stayed in older hotels which have room safes. The alternative is to hire a safety deposit box in the reception area. This is both inconvenient and time-consuming, particularly when the hotel is very busy.
The food in the bar/restaurant was so-so. Nothing to write home about.
Service was, overall, of the standard expected in such a hotel but again, nothing to write home about. We've encountered friendlier staff in different hotels but, staff here were pleasant and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known as the progressive Grand Dame of the nation's capital, The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel is a 4-diamond luxury hotel and a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. With a timeless aura highlighted by an abundance of modern conveniences, our historic hotel is perfectly located in the heart of downtown with iconic attractions like the White House and National Mall just minutes away. Our hotel features 650 guest accommodations and 74 handsomely-appointed suites each with signature Renaissance bedding and Aveda bath products. Ideal for leisure and business, our hotel offers exceptional meeting, banquet and event space, complete with an on-site floral boutique, multiple dining options and a Thomas Pink retail store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
- Renaissance Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Renaissance
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel
- Mayflower Hotel Dc