“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Plaza

Save Saved
You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Washington Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off Promotion!
Ranked #27 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Timmins, Canada
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here it was comfortable and clean. The pool was amazing after a day of sightseeing and the decor of the hotel is very neat. Its fairly centrally located to most of the famous things to do in DC and there is a 24hour pharmacy across the road which really comes in handy for cold drinks and snacks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Washington Plaza. I'm delighted to read that you found our accommodations comfortable and clean, and you were able to enjoy our beautiful pool – it’s such a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Tom Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice hotel especially for its price, i think its a really great deal. Location is good, service is good. Hotel is modern and clean. It is about 15 minute walk from the White House. While there are no metro station within a one block radius there are those rental bikes right across the street which was very convenient. I was not disappointed!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing to spend your Fourth of July holiday with us and for all the great comments on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time and were happy with your accommodations and the convenience of our hotel for your activities. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed 3 nights at this great location in DC. Arrived early and asked to see if they could accommodate me and there was a room available earlier than check-in. I was then upgraded for free from a queen room to a king room with a balcony. Free upgrade and free wi-fi= love at first sight. ATM on site and gift shop too.

The room: Overlooked the spectacular pool. Bed was very comfortable. Free bath and body works toiletries were present in the bathroom. Water pressure and temp in the shower was great. TV had many stations to choose from and there was a safe in the room for valuables. Very clean.

Service: Incredibly friendly and accommodating staff from the front desk, bellman, doorman, housekeeping, restaurant, and room service. I felt like royalty. Prompt and attentive.

Restaurant: Had the Sunday brunch buffet which featured rib-eye steak, pastas, salads, and desserts. Mimosas are available. A little pricey though but I filled my tummy.

Turn down service: Free bottled water, prepared the room for bed, and filled the ice bucket up to the brim. Great to come back to after a day out wandering.

Location: Not too far from the DCA airport. There is a 24 hour CVS located across the street which came in handy for items that I forgot to bring. Near a metro station and within walking distances (15-20 minutes) of some of the sites to see.

Pool: Very inviting after a hot day in the DC sun.

Incidentals: about $60 the first night and $50 each additional night. Released upon check out depending on what was charged to the room.

Con: noisy police sirens but that is outside of the hotel's hands.

All in all great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m delighted to learn that you enjoyed your accommodations and found your bed comfortable, our team incredibly friendly and the pool inviting. I’m also pleased to hear that you took advantage of our new Sunday Brunch Buffet at 10 Thomas Restaurant! I’m so glad you experienced our warm hospitality during your visit, and we hope to see you back soon.

Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband I and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We parked the car in the garage and walked everywhere. You are close to all the museums, The Mall, Georgetown Shopping etc. The Price was good especially the parking and breakfast was included. The room was spacious, clean, the pool was a refresher after a hot walk around DC. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the balcony. Also, ask for Breakfast to be included. By the time you find a pl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments! I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations and location fit your needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Washington, DC!

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great location in central Washington and a wonderful street level pool.
Well trained staff who provided service above expectation.
Rooms and other facilities above average combining to give good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and our service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'll admit some reviews had me a little nervous, but I think some people are rating this spot on 5+ star hotel standards. IMO this hotel doesn't claim to be all red carpet luxury. If you want luxury & all the bells & whistles, choose & PAY for a hotel in that category...I'm off my soap box now LOL

Stayed here on a Spring Break trip w/ my kiddo & it was a fabo experience!When we arrived the staff was on their toes & very helpful. We were quickly checked in & given the Wi-Fi access code. Wi-Fi worked excellently during our stay BTW. No problems w/ internet speed at all.

The day we arrived & each day of our stay, the room was spic & span. The bed linens were fresh...I'm one of those people that pulls the covers back & like digs through the sheets, all the way down to the box spring :-) The bathroom was equally clean. Loved the fact the shower head was a little higher (I'm kinda tall) & the water actually got nice & hot! Thought the complimentary bottled water daily was nice.

Now, the best things about this hotel are 1) Location & 2) Cost....you really couldn't beat the price considering how close you are to many of the attractions. I was expecting to pay a bit more than I did considering the location.There are plenty of bars, restaurants & things to do within quick walking distance. An added bonus was the CVS right across the street for those "dang I forgot to grab the _____" runs.

I didn't try the room service or their restaurant. Yeah these prices were a lil steep, but I mean it's a hotel, it's to be expected. Had a cocktail one night at their bar & it was fine. Service was quick & drink poured nicely.

All in all it was a great experience & I would gladly book here again. I've not run into a hotel staff that was on point all the way around in a very long time...which can make all the difference in the world when you're on vacay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and your praise of our hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you had a fabulous experience with us! I’m glad that our hotel rooms and amenities were to your liking. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our colleagues and the excellent service they provide. We all look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Washington, DC!

Tom Casey

Been to Washington Plaza? Share your experiences!