“Great Weekend Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Plaza

Save Saved
You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Washington Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off Promotion!
Ranked #27 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Houston, Texas
“Great Weekend Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'll admit some reviews had me a little nervous, but I think some people are rating this spot on 5+ star hotel standards. IMO this hotel doesn't claim to be all red carpet luxury. If you want luxury & all the bells & whistles, choose & PAY for a hotel in that category...I'm off my soap box now LOL

Stayed here on a Spring Break trip w/ my kiddo & it was a fabo experience!When we arrived the staff was on their toes & very helpful. We were quickly checked in & given the Wi-Fi access code. Wi-Fi worked excellently during our stay BTW. No problems w/ internet speed at all.

The day we arrived & each day of our stay, the room was spic & span. The bed linens were fresh...I'm one of those people that pulls the covers back & like digs through the sheets, all the way down to the box spring :-) The bathroom was equally clean. Loved the fact the shower head was a little higher (I'm kinda tall) & the water actually got nice & hot! Thought the complimentary bottled water daily was nice.

Now, the best things about this hotel are 1) Location & 2) Cost....you really couldn't beat the price considering how close you are to many of the attractions. I was expecting to pay a bit more than I did considering the location.There are plenty of bars, restaurants & things to do within quick walking distance. An added bonus was the CVS right across the street for those "dang I forgot to grab the _____" runs.

I didn't try the room service or their restaurant. Yeah these prices were a lil steep, but I mean it's a hotel, it's to be expected. Had a cocktail one night at their bar & it was fine. Service was quick & drink poured nicely.

All in all it was a great experience & I would gladly book here again. I've not run into a hotel staff that was on point all the way around in a very long time...which can make all the difference in the world when you're on vacay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and your praise of our hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you had a fabulous experience with us! I’m glad that our hotel rooms and amenities were to your liking. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our colleagues and the excellent service they provide. We all look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Washington, DC!

Tom Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
myerstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was a SUPER hotel. Clean, friendly, and safe! Parked car underground…not scary. The pool was A+. I think a lot of business people use this hotel, so pool is underused…great for kids. Room service was excellent…a treat for my daughter. Try the mac and cheese - it is linguine noodles with a rich sauce!!! Fries were super. Great caesar salad. No more expensive than a diner. Walked the first day - a 10 year old could make it downtown with breaks. The next day we took subway from the Capitol area back and only had to walk 4 blocks back to hotel. Not a lot of places to eat around hotel, pizza shop and The Brown Bag were good. Nice mini-fridge, good TV with cable channels, nice AC. CVS across street. GREAT bathroom separated with a sink area and closed off with door for extra privacy for changing area. Bath and Body toiletries! Great place…will stay the next time and recommend to all friends.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel has no view, but much quieter than front. We like that.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay and you could take advantage of all the hotel has to offer. I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed our beautiful pool. I also appreciate your comments regarding the excellent room service – it is an option that provides great convenience. The Caesar Salad is a favorite among our guests as seen in previous reviews. Thank you for your kind recommendation and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Just the kind of hotel if you need peace and quiet. Loved the pool area and very comfortable
lounge chairs. Pool side service is a plus. Sunday brunch on the patio was delightful. Staff was
very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Washington Plaza. It’s wonderful to read that you were able to have a quiet and relaxing stay in such an active city. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch on the patio. Please come back and see us again soon!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Hotel is in a convenient location for sight seeing, but that's about as much as can be said about this hotel. Queen "Superior" rooms are dark & pokey (seriously small, like 1ft between end of the bed and the wall). We asked to be moved rooms, but got told they were all the same size.

For the same rate, there are a lot nicer hotels in DC.

Don't believe the room pictures online, they are taken from very clever angles.

Also, my wife got a couple of bites in the room, which other reviewers have also experienced.

Don't use hotel to make calls. Extremely expensive. $4 just to connect.

Ended up leaving a night early. Loved DC, but would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were in 343. Avoid.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you weren’t delighted with your accommodations and I sincerely regret that they did not meet your expectations. Please know that we do have a variety of room sizes. If room size is important to you, I definitely encourage you to book the Superior King room, as it is much more spacious. If you would like to further comment on your experience, please contact me directly at generalmanager@washingtonplazahotel.com.

North Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived at the Washington Plaza after a long drive in miserable conditions--but when Larry opened the door and greeted us, we felt immediately welcomed and at home. He was charming, efficient and EXACTLY what you hope every first impression from a member of staff will be--and he continued to make my husband and I feel as if we were important and valuable guests merely by remembering us and being kind. The hotel is centrally located, clean and very good value for the money. I'll come here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the 5-star review and applause! I’m delighted to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay right from your welcome, to your accommodations, and our convenient location. I will pass along the compliments and appreciation for Larry and the Concierge team. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit with the same service!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Three of us were in DC for a three night stay and wanted a hotel near the attractions. Plaza is a little less than a mile walk to the Mall. Service was wonderful, rooms are small but served the purpose. Well kept and cleaned nicely. Only complaint was the pool closed at 9pm during our June stay, it was hot out and would of appreciated a later closing time. Parking is an additional cost.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience our wonderful guest service! We look forward to welcome you back!

Tom Casey

Been to Washington Plaza? Share your experiences!