“super deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Plaza

You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Washington Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park & Stay Package
Ranked #39 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Jermyn, Pennsylvania
“super deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Two nights in DC. Super cheap, within reasonable walking distance to tourist sites, very helpful staff. I was not expecting a balcony and got one. Rooms was clean, turndown service a nice touch. Front desk and bell hops were very helpful, especially Able. Try out the hotel lobby bar. Great prices during happy hour and the food was great for bar food. Only complaint was the heat/air goes on and off during the night and is very loud. Otherwise everything is as promised and more. Safe, quiet neighborhood; no concerns walking at night

Room Tip: Lower rooms have a balcony but some street noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. I’m delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with your accommodations and the services provided. I’m glad that you had a chance to relax during happy hour and enjoyed the delicious meal in our International Bar. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the noisy AC system and I will follow up on it with our Engineering Department. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are all looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Tom Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marlton, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My first night a bridal party woke me up at 11:30 pm and had me up until 3:35. The mattres had a spring in the middle top of the bed, which gave me a back ache. But I let it pass since it was my very good friend's weddingon Sunday. On Sunday night I heard a clicking all night. Like someone was banging on pipes in my wall. Again no sleep. When I presented this information to the front desk, Nothing was said, nothing was done, not even a sorry. Not even, let us make it up to you for the unrest, noise and uncomfortable bed. Funny, I declined staying at my niece's house because I needed the rest. Sat morning I had just put down my dog and just wanted to grieve and sleep. Again I brought this up to your agent.
Not exactly my expectation for your hotel. Shoddy, cheap, uncomfortable, and this review will be posted. I waited to hear word from ANYBODY there. Shame on you!

Room Tip: don't stay there...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are terribly sorry to read of your negative experience. I apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. The poor service you described is not a common occurrence at our hotel.

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days and found everything to be very good. Staff were all friendly. The doormen were very helpful and always wanted a chat. The location was good with many restaurants within easy walking distance. The Metro was only about a 10 minute stroll away giving access to the entire city. Rooms were spacious enough and the price quite reasonable.

Stayed March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you had a great stay and were satisfied with your accommodations and our central location. Please come back and visit us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice quiet hotel. good location between the mall and dupont circle. The room #808 was big enough for a couple. Very clean and a view out to the circle and the pool. Spacious clean bathroom. Good price compared to other comparable places. If you have a choice of when to stay in Washington include a weekend because it is usually much cheaper.

Room Tip: rm # 808 nice for a couple
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our accommodations spacious, clean and a good value overall. Thank you for choosing the Washington Plaza and we hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great staff at all positions--always have a kind word and a smile. Rooms and appointments were very nice and really clean and fresh. Great location and a fun neighbor hood with restaurants, bars, and even a whole foods store within three blocks(P street). Hotel does have a great breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: We had a superior double which was on top floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such a nice review. It’s wonderful to know that we were a perfect fit for your weekend getaway. I’m glad that you were satisfied with your accommodations and the services provided. It is always great to hear compliments on our associates. They take great pride in providing memorable experiences to our guests and will surely be delighted when they see this comment. We hope to see you on your next visit to DC.

Dumont, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Washington Plaza hotel for a anniversary weekend. I was so surprised with how nice this hotel was. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room we had was wonderful. Much larger and nicer than i anticipated. The bed was comfortable and pillows were great.
Its also in a great location to the White House and lots of wonderful places to eat. We will be returning again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your high praise of the Washington Plaza Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable time and were happy with your accommodations, the service, and convenience of our hotel for your activities. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.