“Beyond Satisfied” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Plaza

Save Saved
You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Washington Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #28 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Denver, Colorado
“Beyond Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I chose this hotel for a 6 night stay over Thanksgiving based on the price (avg nightly rate less than $90/night), location, and TA reviews. I was not disappointed. We stayed in a superior queen room which was spacious and overlooked the pool (I had requested a room on an upper floor overlooking the pool when I booked my reservation directly with the hotel and we were accommodated). Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. All hotel staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

The in room facilities were all as expected - nice flat screen TV, ample drawer and closet space, decent sized bathroom, etc... The water bottles given in the evening with the turn down service was a nice touch. We used the coffee making equipment in the room each morning which proved to be very convenient for us. The room itself was very clean and the hotel common areas (elevators, lobbies, reception) were all up to that standard as well.

We really liked the location being within a couple of blocks of the metro station and within walking distance of the White House (15 min) and National Mall (20 min). On our departure day we opted to take a cab to Reagan for our flight home and the hotel had one for us within minutes.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend the Washington Plaza and would stay there again on future trips. As a side note, I would also recommend visiting DC over the Thanksgiving holiday as we felt the tourist areas were largely uncrowded and the weather proved to be great - much warmer than expected and great sightseeing weather. Also, hotel rates seemed to be a lot lower than other periods.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Washington Plaza and your praise of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you were beyond satisfied with your stay and you enjoyed our accommodations and your room overlooking the pool. We value all your comments and appreciate your recommending us to others. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

1,302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
OCEAN CITY,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was in DC for one night and needed something close to the Convention Center, so after checking various sites about various hotels, I settled on The Washington Plaza. I thought the rate of $90 for a Saturday night was more than decent enough, but after seeing the inside of the hotel as well as my room, I almost felt bad for paying so little. The hotel is about 5 blocks from the Convention Center and it's also walking distance to many other things like, Chinatown, especially if the weather is nice. The closest Metro stop is a couple blocks away, so you have easy access to the rest of DC.
The only down side, was I booked a Queen bed, but it seems Orbitz doesn't guarantee the room type, only the room, but other than that there were no issues, they gave me a coupon for a free drink in the bar(didn't use it) and there was free wi-fi in the room(always a plus). The room itself was very nice(photos included), the bathroom is separated with the toilet/shower in one area and the sink in another, so it's very easy for 2 people to get ready in the morning without walking over each other. Oh, I almost forgot, the front desk calls your room after you've settled in just to see if everything is ok.
Overall, I was very impressed with The Washington Plaza and would highly recommend it to anyone

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your 5-star review! We often hear enthusiastic feedback about the good value of our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you found our rooms so comfortable and well appointed. Thank you for your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back with us again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I chose this hotel purely for the location to stay nearby a friend I was in town visiting. The price really could not be beat esp adding free wifi which is always a bonus. Everyone from the doormen to the front desk to the maids were extremely friendly and helpful, they are definitely on top of their customer service. The room was large and spacious, while the bathroom was dated it was still very clean and the turndown service was a nice perk. I have to say the only drawback at this hotel was what others had mentioned. You can hear every flush of the toilet from other rooms and noise from the hallway. Honestly it wasn't terrible but its definitely an annoyance. Otherwise this hotel was perfect for my weekend away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is encouraging to know that overall, you were pleased with your accommodations and services provided. However, we do apologize for any inconvenience and disturbance caused to you due to the noise from other rooms and hope it will not deter you from staying with us again. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Southold, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Washington Plaza. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very professional, helpful and friendly. Although we didn't use the exercise room, I would definitely consider using it on our next visit. We look forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Weekends were more reasonable than during the week. There's an outdoor pool to use during the w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear our guest room and facilities met your travel needs. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Washington, DC.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Washington DC has outrageous hotel rates. Even the suburbs are no bargain. The so called conference special rate at the Renaissance was $189 per night. The Washington Plaza nearby had rooms for just $125. Great St. Thomas location off Mass Avenue. Metro McPherson Square. Only negative: they "upgraded" me to a room with 2 double beds and changed the rate without telling me. I caught the bait and switch and they changed it to the rate I reserved at. (I asked for a quiet room facing north--not an upgrade). Always verify the rate you are getting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and service, so guests’ opinions and feedback are important to us. I am glad that the room upgrade issue was attended to promptly. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I were down for the Residents show this past weekend. The room was a good size with two double-beds. The lounge had a happy hour where all of the bar menu items were $6 and beer was around $4. Not bad for DC. It is blocks away from two different Metro stations. You are close enough to walk to Chinatown, the Verizon Center, and the Convention center. I would love to come back in the summer because I have read that their pool is to die for. The area around the Convention center used to be very sketchy, but it has improved significantly. I never once felt concerned walking back to the hotel from 6th and I. Check Hotels.com and other sites to get a good price for this hotel. We spent $100 for one night and felt it was money well spent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. It was great to hear that you found our hotel convenient for your needs, and that your accommodations were satisfactory. Please come back and visit us again this summer so you can enjoy our beautiful pool (May 18 – September 8, 2013).

Bologna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been in this Hotel twice last two years for business reasons and using Booking.com I found the rate per night favorable (about 140 $/night). Considering it is located in Thomas Cirlce it could be considered cheap.
The room cannot be considered a luxury one but it is confortable and offers all that is needed by a business traveller: Good (Free) Internet Access, a desk with many power outlets available and an appropriate noise insolation.
The Bathroom is spacious enough and there is a safe where can easily fit a laptop and a wallet.
The consierge and the Lobby personnel are smart and accommodating.
I didn't try the restaurant of the Hotel.
I can suggest this Hotel to anyone who need a good accommodation in that part of Washington for business or for fun (The White House is four blocks away...).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that we have a perfect location close to most government buildings and popular DC sites. I greatly appreciate your kind recommendation to others and look forward to your next visit to Washington, DC and the Washington Plaza Hotel!

Tom Casey

Been to Washington Plaza? Share your experiences!