“Very good Hotel in the right place to reach the most relevant US Institutions buildings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Plaza

Save Saved
You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Washington Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off Promotion!
Ranked #33 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Bologna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been in this Hotel twice last two years for business reasons and using Booking.com I found the rate per night favorable (about 140 $/night). Considering it is located in Thomas Cirlce it could be considered cheap.
The room cannot be considered a luxury one but it is confortable and offers all that is needed by a business traveller: Good (Free) Internet Access, a desk with many power outlets available and an appropriate noise insolation.
The Bathroom is spacious enough and there is a safe where can easily fit a laptop and a wallet.
The consierge and the Lobby personnel are smart and accommodating.
I didn't try the restaurant of the Hotel.
I can suggest this Hotel to anyone who need a good accommodation in that part of Washington for business or for fun (The White House is four blocks away...).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that we have a perfect location close to most government buildings and popular DC sites. I greatly appreciate your kind recommendation to others and look forward to your next visit to Washington, DC and the Washington Plaza Hotel!

1,230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is an amazing hotel in a great location for all of The best sights. We had a huge room which was very nicely decorated and very clean and comfortable. Had a nice big fridge which is always appreciated! Even has a turn down service where they leave bottled water which is a nice touch.
All the staff were always very friendly and helpful.
As comfortable as our room was I will point out that it was located behind the elevators which I could hear during the night. Didn't bother me enough to say anything but if you do like a silent night I would mention it at booking!
Really good rates for the quality and location of hotel. Also has a outdoor pool which I'm sure would be nice in summer!
Going to five guys burger and fries just down 14th st nw is a must- absolutely delicious.
Washington, D.C. Is amazing and can't wait to go back- will stay here when we return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for the 5-star review! I am pleased to know we made such a favorable first impression on you. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our central location and our unique decor. It is always great to hear compliments on our associates. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times, always come back here when visiting Washington DC. Great staff, very nice rooms, convenient location. They have underground parking, Haven't had dinner, but breakfast is always good. Easy to find as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate your praise of our property. We are pleased to know that our location, accommodations and team keep you returning to our hotel each time you are in Washington, DC. Perhaps during your next stay you can dine at the Ten Thomas Restaurant and try some of our Chef's delicious meals. We look forward to your next visit to Washington, DC and our hotel!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed last month for my sorority's Centennial Founders Weekend. The location is phenomenal if you plan to visit the convention center. Leave out of a side door and you walk directly to the convention center. The rates were amazing as well. The room is a tad bit smaller than I anticipated, but it still held four adults without an issue. I will be staying here again in July.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you appreciated our prime location in downtown Washington, DC. I am delighted to hear that you are planning to visit us again in July and we would be happy to welcome you back!

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have never write a review before, but in think its worthy to compliment this hotel. The staff it's super friendly, the service it's worth a 5 star plus, everything was so clean, and the rooms are very good, for the price u can get any better, I was really pleased with my stay. U have ppl at the front door who opens and greets u every time .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for such a glowing review! We truly appreciate all of the compliments on our hotel and I will be sure to pass them along to our associates. I am glad to hear that you experienced our warm hospitality during your last visit, and we hope to see you back soon.

West Hollywood, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Let me preface this with fact that there were 2 women who cared for my floor, a hispanic/Filipino and another of Chinese descent. The Chinese lady was sweet as could be.

On my first day of checking-in, I walked down with colleagues & asked the hispanic housekeeper for 2-4 extra large towels during my stay. I have lupus with alopecia and wanted to wash my hairpieces after the 5-hour flight. She refused until I explained why I needed so many. It was embarrassing, as I don't like to let people know my medical condition, but I told her anyway. Every day of my trip, she kept leaving me only 2 towels & I had to ask the Asian lady for them back! The hispanic lady from her other cart, yelled at the Chinese lady "only 1 person in that room! 2 towels!"

Only 2 of us had Skype loaded on our work laptops and took some meetings in our rooms. Even though I had the Do Not Disturb sign up during our meeting, this Filipino lady called me to see if she could come in and clean on both Friday and Monday. I had too much electronic equipment up and did not have them clean my room during my week.

I had to travel with a lupus flareup, stayed in all Saturday, & broke my high grade fever that afternoon. I called down to have someone change out my sheets. I left to get medicine at the CVS across the street and came back before they were done. I said, "Sorry, I can come back when you are done." She said "We go now and let you finish your business." I was like, "What business?! It's Saturday." I don't know what her deal was or what she thought I was doing, but my coworkers told me because I am the only woman in the group, they joked that she must think I'm some dirty hooker. Maybe so!

My question to Washington Plaza...does laundry detergent come out your housekeeping staff's paycheck? I do not know what was the deal with the terrible attitude.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Housekeeping associate. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this situation has caused you. We strive to make every part of a guest’s stay as comfortable and effortless as possible, and I regret you felt mistreated in any way. Please know that your feedback has been shared with our Housekeeping team and proper action will be taken to ensure situations such as these do not occur again. I hope you choose to return to the Washington Plaza Hotel in the future so that we may restore your faith in our hotel and services.

Nantes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The room was nice, clean and spacious. Free water too! Free WIFI is also available. The price is good. The location is not very close to the tourist attractions, but the walking distance is not too bad. It is close to the metro stations as well

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Washington Plaza. I am glad to hear you were very comfortable in our guestroom and took advantage of our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Tom Casey

Been to Washington Plaza? Share your experiences!