“Perfect for sight seeing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Plaza

You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Washington Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park & Stay Package
Ranked #39 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Perfect for sight seeing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a really nice hotel perfect if you're travelling on a mid range budget. For a tourist it's a nice safe 15 min walk from the hotel down 14th street to the national mall. Then all the memorials and Smithsonian's are within 15 mins max. If your tired at the end of the day a cab will cost $10 back to the hotel.

The Hotel rooms are very spacious, nicely apportioned and clean. Only negative comment was the pillows were quite large and hard.

The lounge and restaurant downstairs is very spacious and pleasant with good drinks and meals.

Overall, we went to Washington to do the tourist thing and this hotel was ideal. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found our location so great for visitors to downtown Washington, DC. We pride ourselves on being a hotel that has something for everyone to enjoy whether on a business or leisure trip, and we are delighted you were satisfied with our accommodations. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the International Lounge and No. 10 Thomas Restaurant. We hope you have the chance to stay with us again in the near future!

Tom Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stopped here again to break up our trip to NY for the holidays. I was a little hesitant to go back because I felt that the room we were put in last year was a bit small. When we arrived, everyone was friendly just like last year. We used the valet service because my husband's truck could not fit in the hotel parking garage. When we arrived in our room, it exceeded our expectations. It was bigger than what I remembered from last year. The room was clean and welcoming. I really like that the bathroom is off the bedroom in their rooms. I LOVE the Bath and Body Works products. The hotel is in walking distance to the White House and many restaurants. My only complaint is that I would have liked the parking to be settled before I left. I even went to the front desk and settle the bill and was never told about the parking until I checked my CC statement a week later and I had another charge from the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to others and we would stay here again :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! I am delighted to know we made a favorable first impression on you last year and that your esteem grew even more upon your second visit. I am happy to read that our accommodations exceeded your expectations. My apologies that the parking charges came as a surprise and hope that it did not tarnish your experience. We greatly appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to your next visit so that you may enjoy another stay with us.

New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Really enjoyed staying here. Comfortable, pleasant room, nice design, good location. Nice attention to details - complimentary bottles if water, lots of electrical sockets (no need to decide between charging cellphone, laptop, iPod, etc), including 2 on each side of bed. The clock radio was broken (no volume button) and one lamp wasn't working - they took care of those immediately. My only complaint: pathetic water pressure. I mean REALLY pathetic. They sent the engineer over and he told me that they had switched shower heads to the gentle ones after guests complained that the pressure was too powerful. He was sweet but I think I still have conditioner in my hair....

Room Tip: Maybe lower floor has better water pressure? I was on 8. Also had a blah view although didn't ca...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your kind words regarding your accommodations. I apologize for the issues you encountered in your room and the inconvenience regarding the water pressure in the shower. I will follow up on it with our Engineering Department. While I am sorry to hear not everything was to your liking, I sincerely hope you return to Washington Plaza Hotel in the near future so that we can have the opportunity to improve on your next visit.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

A very descent hotel and stay in Washington DC, the service is terrific, friendly staff, the quality of room/sleep is awesome, good location (15-20 minutes walking distance from the National Mall (White House, Memorials, etc.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the compliments, direct and to the point. We appreciate all your comments regarding our service and team and thank you for pointing out our great downtown location. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you to Washington Plaza Hotel.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ended up staying at this hotel last minute for 1 night, as we were set to take a train out of DC and wanted to get ahead of a winter storm.

We called the hotel and got the best deal available (much better than their website). They even upgraded our room!

The hotel was nice, clean, and we found the staff even at 1am when we checked in to be attentive and friendly.

Parking was expensive, but you can't fault them for it. It's expensive everywhere - that's parking in DC. You don't want to pay it then don't bring a car! It's that simple.

No complaints with this hotel. Simple, modern style. I'd love to come back in warmer weather to check out the relaxing pool. DC is a great place and this hotel had a wonderful location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for such great comments, especially pointing out our location and friendly associates, two of our best attributes. I was happy to learn that your trip was successful and enjoyable. I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Thank you again for your kind remarks and we hope to welcome you back soon, hopefully during the pool season.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you don't mind walking a little bit, the location is handy to the White House and other sights, it's about 10 minutes' walk to the White House. However, some of the neighbourhood to the north and east are a bit less than desirable. We took a walk to the nearest supermarket, which was about 5 minutes away, and it was in a really bad area of town, which felt really unsafe. Otherwise good value and good location for tourists. Just don't go any further north or east.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hope you will come back and visit the next time you are traveling to Washington, DC.

Aquebogue, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the Washington Plaza for three nights. Great location; it's within walking distance of all the major sights (on the mall) and some great restaurants and bars (on 14th St). Unlike some other reviewers, we had no problem with the (free) wifi, and our room had a large bathroom with a tub. Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful. The turn-down service that included a filled ice bucket and 2 bottles of water was a great surprise. We got an incredible internet/slow season rate. We had to tack on $30/ night for parking, but that is a typical parking fee in DC. I have stayed at hotels costing three times as much and have been a lot less happy! I highly recommend staying here. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, so I'm unable to rate it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of the amenities offered. I am delighted to learn that our entire team was able to make such a positive impression during your stay. We take pride in providing a comfortable hospitality experience in the heart of Washington, DC. We look forward to welcoming you back.