“Good Value for Price” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Travelocity Booking.com
Washington Plaza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #33 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Value for Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was at Washington Plaza for 1 night only. The experience was good in general. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and there is complementary wifi. The room I got was a bit noisy due to the DC traffic and also some weird loud noise every time the heater came on. I'll blame that on the room itself and since I didn't ask for another room, I won't hold it against the hotel.

The location is pretty good, Thomas Circle is very lively and there are a number of restaurants in walking distance.

I pretty much got what I paid for, a nice room, with a nice bed for me to spend a night in. No complains here. The staff was very polite and pleasant as well.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that does not face the DC traffic. The noise kept waking me up while I was sleep...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tuckerton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

After checking into room 721 my husband went into the bathroom and saw a roach i was in shock i called the front desk who was of little help only saying we would have to talk to someone else the next day there was no way i was sleeping in this room. my husband and i decided to go out cool off and come back when we came back i saw another roach crawling on my daughters pampers at this point im livid i went to the front desk fuming they then changed our room by the way we killed the roach and left in the room for them to see there only reply was they would have the room sprayed that led me to believe they know they have this problem although they changed our room to an upgrade room the effect was there and i really didn't want to stay there the whole stay there i was on the look for more roaches it was very uncomfortable i will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived early on Tuesday 11/ 20 /2012 and was expecting to be told we could not check in but to my surprise we where checked in . The room was beautiful a bit small but very cozy the bed was huge and comfortable.. We had read several reviews and where a little worried about the staff but all I can say it the staff was amazing very very helpful and friendly beyond words..the only thing I didn't understand the 25.00 to park the car a night I think that was a bit much . But overall I would stay there again loved how close it was to everything...the breakfast buffet not so good it costs 19.00 and everything was cold .. Told the manager and he seemed confused and never came back to offer a apology or a reason why the food was cold . Now for me being in the business that was a big no no was not looking for a free meal but it should have been taken care of promptly .that is the only bad thing I can say about this hotel....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here while touring the area. We loved the pool area, it was like a little hideaway form city life outside.

We were promptly greeted by friendly staff and given our room with no extra charge even though we were about 2 hours early!

Loved the turn down service. Very nice to come back after a day of walking all over the city to find water bottles in room for us :O)

The room was very clean and comfortable.

We dined twice in restaurant and had very good food and service both times.

We will definately rebook here next time in area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I gave this hotel an average rating because I liked some things about the Washington Plaza and disliked others. First...the price. It is on par with other DC hotels (over priced) but they did allow a decent AAA discount. The staff was good all over the hotel. They were all pretty friendly. They did not offer to help with our bags on arrival.
The restaurant is mediocre at best, but breakfast was ok. The restaurant staff were all good and attentive.
The hotel location is pretty good. It is a nice walk to the White House and Washington Monument. There are plenty of food choices within walking distance as well as plenty of coffee shops.
we did have a room that was above the street, so it got noisy a couple of nights.
I would recommend the hotel especially for the price and clean rooms and comfy beds!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback as your comments are a very valuable tool for us to continue to look at better ways to improve our guest’s experience. Firstly, I appreciate your kind words regarding your accommodations, our team and location. However, I am sorry to hear you found our service lacking in certain areas. While I am sorry to hear not everything was to your liking, I sincerely hope you return to the Washington Plaza Hotel in the future so that we may improve upon your impression of our hotel.

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We arrived tonight after a very long drive and were unfortunately not all that warmly greeted. After the front desk checked us in there was no offer to help with our bags, no directions to the elevator and no warm description of amenities. Our room is on the third floor facing someone's apartment window in the building next door. And, the room is far smaller than anything I've stayed in recently. I travel on a budget but I still don't expect to be treated like I'm not worth any effort. Would not come back here.

• Stayed November 2012
We sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Front Desk. I apologize for this experience and we will seek to improve on our service. We strive to make every part of a guest’s stay as comfortable and effortless as possible, and I regret you felt mistreated in any way. Please know that your feedback has been shared with our Front Desk team to ensure situations such as these do not occur again. I do appreciate and thank you choosing to stay with us and I hope you choose to return to our property so that we may restore your faith in our hotel and services.

Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Forget the fact that the place is outdated or that the rooms are small or that there is an ant problem. To me, customer service is the most important reason that I go to a hotel property or that I recommend it to friends. I plan meetings for a living and I would never consider this property again simply because of the way that they treat people. Unfortunately, this poor customer service is pervasive at the hotel from the front line staff to management. I stayed at the property last year and my room was clean but small; however, when I returned recently, I gladly stayed at a different property. The upside is the location, but there are plenty of other better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Find a room at a different hotel and you will be happy!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
We are terribly sorry to read of your experience. I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the team at the Washington Plaza Hotel for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I will review your feedback in detail with our team and make any necessary adjustments to ensure that our service continues to improve. If you would like to further comment on this matter, please contact me directly at generalmanager@washingtonplazahotel.com.

Tom Casey

Been to Washington Plaza? Share your experiences!