“Fantastic hotel in a wonderful location...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Plaza

You added Washington Plaza to your Saves list
Washington Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic hotel in a wonderful location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Washington Plaza this past weekend after finding a great deal for $99/night online. I have taken advantage of similar deals in the DC area in the past, only to end up in a dirty run-down kind of place. I am happy to share that this hotel was not that kind of place.
Upon my arrival the lobby, which was decorated in sort of a vintage 80's style, was super clean and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was shocked when I was taken to my room to find that I had a fantastic view of Thomas Circle and the room was so nice! Not at all what I expected for $99. The bed was so comfortable and the furnishings all seemed new and stylish. Even the carpet looked new.
Parking is $25, but you are allowed to keep your car in there for 24 hours (even after you check out). This allowed me to take my time walking down to visit the Lincoln Memorial, White House and Vietnam Memorial, which is about 8 blocks from the hotel.
I have been gushing about this hotel to everyone since I've gotten back. It is really that nice!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 9th floor facing Thomas Circle.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and I appreciate you taking the time to share the details. We pride ourselves on our guest service and strive to exceed our guests’ expectations. I am glad to read that you found our associates to be friendly and helpful. It's wonderful to hear that they were able to put you in a room with a great view of Thomas Circle. We hope this experience brings you back to stay with us upon your return Washington, DC.

Tom Casey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hotel staff was exceptional, very friendly and helpful. Room was ultra clean and comfortable. Restaurant was very good, my son said the Texas Salad was one of his best dinners in the city. Location is good, close to The White House. Free Washington Post and bottled water is a nice gesture.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
WPManagement, General Manager at Washington Plaza, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear you were very comfortable in our guest room and you received great guest service as we pride ourselves on our attentive and friendly associates. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just got back from Washington DC yesterday. Stayed at Washington Plaza. Amazingly renovated hotel! Awesome rooms! Very very clean and up-to-date! Nice and new furniture, very good bed linen! They even prepare your room in the evening for your good night sleep!!! They even have outdoor swimming pool (but it was not so hot those days for me to use it, but I saw it, it was very clean and nice!). They brought us bottled water (2 bottles) each day of our stay. Free wi-fi, even in rooms. Nice staff. Absolutely perfect value for money! You will not regret :) Thank you, guys at Washington Plaza!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear our guest room and facilities met all of your travel needs. It is truly rewarding when our guests recognizes our efforts and takes the time to provide feedback. Thank you for all the compliments and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel met all my expectations. It was clean, the beds comfy, plenty of pillows, had a Happy Hour that was nice to sit with a glass of wine after a long day of walking, the staff were very friendly and helpful, great breakfast buffet with lots of variety, super location that I could walk to the White House (6 blocks) and to The Mall (9 blocks). Subway was close by (3 blocks).

I would return to this hotel without hesitation and would recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Double bed room on the 5th floor that faced both the pool and Thomas Circle. I didn...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear that you found our location convenient for your needs and that you experienced our warm hospitality during your visit. I am delighted to hear that our hotel met all your expectations and trust that you will become one of our regular guests. Thank you for your kind recommendation and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I came down to the green festival and needed a place to stay. It was close so I chose the plaza. I'm glad I did. The experience was wonderful. Check-in was a breeze. The room is clean and well done. I like the doors to the bedroom area. I got back to the room kind of late and thirsty, discovered no vending machines. When I called downstairs they told me the gift shop was closed. They brought me up a couple bottles of water which is what I wanted.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I am so happy to hear that our hotel was a perfect choice for your quick visit to Washington, DC. We appreciate the positive feedback in regards to the cleanliness of your guest room, the quick check-in service, and the complimentary bottles of water. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

GALE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The very first thing that struck us was how clean it was. We couldn't find a spot of dust anywhere. The towels the sheets were pristine and the bathroom glistened. An example was there was a 2" x 2" metal electrical trunking running under the window cill painted out so as not to be seen) a natural magnet point for dust but nothing.
The hotel is very large and room was spacious. Because it was in the capital and on the Thomas circle I expected some noise. But no. We were on 5th floor overlooking the main road and roundabout. We could see the traffic but not hear it.
The position is also excellent we could cross the roundabout and walk down 14th street to the main sight seeing loop, or we could turn right and walk down M street to the restaurant area.
The restaurant in the hotel was good and competitive with those outside and we had soup followed by Hangar steaks a couple of glasses of wine and a coup;le of beers for about 102 $ about £64.00p
I am sorry to say the only thing, that for me let it down, was no electrical adaptors for UK plugs so I was unable to charge my laptop and camera. The receptionist directed me to the hotel shop who wanted 14$ I had seen them in the shops at 5"$. The 4 other hotels we stayed at on our tour all supplied them free of charge

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Washington Plaza Hotel. Our newly renovated rooms are indeed very clean and comfortable. I truly appreciate all the compliments on our hotel and I will be sure to pass them along. However, I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience regarding the electrical adaptors. We hope that this occurrence does not deter you from joining us on your next trip to Washington, DC.

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last week and had a great experience. This is the first time i stayed there since the rooms were upgraded. Not only was the staff extremely professional and kind but the overall experience was more than i expected. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler especially those on a budget and who travel with family. It is centrally located and close to pretty much everything you need and want to see. The rooms are new and the beds are extremely comfortable. Some of these posts I disagree with wholeheartedly. I have stayed at many DC hotels throughout the year and the rooms, the cleanliness and service at this hotel rivals all others.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a walk-out balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the Washington Plaza and your praise of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay and to learn that our accommodations and service exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recognizing our efforts and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Tom Casey

Been to Washington Plaza? Share your experiences!