“Great place with one warning” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2121 P Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Give Yourself Some Credit
Ranked #16 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Eilat, Israel
“Great place with one warning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Love the coffee and hot cocoa in lobby in the am. Happy hours is a plus. And of course summer time ice tea.
Only problem - pet friendly. I've been in room next door to a dog whose owners went out. Not pleasant.
Still always happy when work arranges reservation there. Good location, right near metro.
Continental bfast is a bit weak and a letdown. They should at least add granola and bagels.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi Ben H,
Thank you so much for being so loyal to us. Give me a shout next time you are in town. I will make sure your room is assigned on one of our pet free floors. See you soon. Best wishes, Stephane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
West Kirby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel in good spot handy for metro and lots of good eateries - circa and paradiso very good. Great staff and very clean hotel. Only downside is the pet friendliness - great if you have a pet but not so great if you don't care for animals in hotels, however all pets were well behaved and no bother to guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Sharon T,
So great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel while visiting DC. Happy to read that all four-legged guests were well behaved too. We hope to see you again very soon. Best wishes, Stephane
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Palomar for two nights on business travel. The wi-fi worked great and the rooms were very spacious with moderate-sized bathrooms.

The staff were fantastic and super helpful. I spoke with the concierge, Delaney, on numerous occasions for suggestions. She was always patient and generous with her thoughts and ideas. I truly appreciated every helpful hint. Delaney's same great customer service was also found in each employee I encountered from the valet, front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff. It truly did feel like the hotel staff cared about my stay @ the Palomar.

The location is very convienent to many activities for tourism, dining or even recreation. The hotel has a well-equipped gym and pool that is tucked in between buildings for a unique feel. If you venture outside for a run or walk, you can quickly pick up the Rock Creek Park path and head out on a route to the Kennedy Center along the Potomac River - passing M Street/ Georgetown -or if a longer distance is your goal, the Lincoln Memorial may be a good route for you.

Cabs are always available - and the Metro is also very close.

Overall, I had a great experience and I look forward to a return trip.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hi PASR_15,
Thank you so much for the shout out for our staff. We love to hear that you had so much fun with us. Come and see us again soon. Best wishes, Stephane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Pros:
Great Location. You can rely on the metro to get everywhere in DC.
Clean: The cleanest hotel I have ever been in
Staff: Friendly and more than accomodating

Cons:
Thin walls: We could hear conversations that our neighbors were having and kids in the hallway. It wasn't loud enough to be too disturbing, but loud enough to mark it as a slight con.

Overall this was one of the best trips my wife and I have had. When we return to DC we will surely stay at the Palomar again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hi Kyle B
Thank you so much for celebrating America’s Birthday with us. Love to hear you enjoyed your stay. Next time you are in town please let me know; I will make sure we assign you a room in a quieter location of the hotel. Best wishes, Stephane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was an amazing mini vacation and I wish it was longer! The staff was so nice and the room was great! The perfect size for two people and a dog. All Kimpton hotels are, and with no fee for our pet!
The wine hour was fun and packed and the pool was a nice cool down for the hot weather from the July 4th weekend!
I want to thank Cherif, Delaney, Gordon, Andrew, Colleen and Jerry for all being awesome employees! I mean who doesn't like a nice welcome note and amenity during their stay?
I now tell everyone to stay at the Palomar when they are traveling to DC. Not to mention I am still raving about my stay!
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear HelloStaycation,
Awesome stay; awesome review. Thank you so much for giving a shout out to our dream team. We are so lucky to have them. I will be sure to share your feedback with all of them. Come and see us again soon. Best wishes, Stephane
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is a very nice Kimpton property. The staff appeared happy, friendly helpful, and outgoing. The restaurant downstairs, Urbana, is very good. If you stay here, you should have at least one meal here. The location is incredible for those who are visiting DC.

The room they initially placed me in had a broken AC which Engineering came to fix but the room temperature remained at 78 degrees. I told the front desk who moved me immediately to a different room. The new room had luxurious furnishings. The old room may have needed a renovation.

The hotel is quiet in general, I would say the only complaint would be about the elevators. It takes a long time during busy times to get up and down the stairs. I waited 10 minutes once.

Aside from that, I highly recommend this hotel. Dupont Circle is also a great neighborhood to stay in. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear travellotus,
So great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your great feedback. I am sorry you encountered issues with the AC in the room upon arrival. I am glad that we were swift in getting you comfortably set up in another room. Let me know next time you are in town; I would love to say hello in person. Best wishes, Stephane
El Dorado Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great location without feeling like its smack dab in the middle of all the tourist attractions. It's an easy 5 minute walk to DuPont Circle metro stop and the area of DuPont Circle feels very safe and friendly. The area is home to many embassies and countless restaurants. The hotel staff was very accommodating with all of our needs and our room was spacious and quiet. I would definitely stay here again or at other Kimpton properties.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sharon C,
Thank you so much for staying with us. Great to hear you had a great time at the hotel and enjoyed the Dupont Circle neighborhood. It really has a great feel to it. We cannot wait to see you again soon. Best wishes, Stephane

Been to Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!