“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2121 P Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Valet Parking
Ranked #13 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Texas
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I spent one night in the Palomar as I was attending my cousin's wedding there. I had a nice, clean comfortable room on the 4th floor with only one problem. I had requested an early check in time of 11am because I was attending a 2pm wedding and was not able to get a room until the standard 3pm check in time. I ended up getting ready for the wedding in family member's rooms that had checked in the night before.

I had to catch a plane the next morning and it was easy to get shuttle service to pick me up from there. I was also pleasantly surprised when I visited the Business Center and realized the Palomar provides free printing of airline boarding passes. Not all hotels offer this so that was nice! Pets are permitted to stay in this hotel so if you want a pet free room you need to make a point to request that. I don't have pet allergies but I just didn't want to sleep in a bed where someone else's dog or cat might have spent the night.

Room Tip: Request pet free rooms if you need or want one
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear camille87,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was happy to read you enjoyed your experience. I am so sorry that your early check-in request couldn't be honored. We will not fail you twice. Next time you are back in town let me know. I will make sure all your requests are honored. We also have specific rooms that are pet free and I will make sure we set one aside.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back camille87.

Stephane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We only were able to stay for one night, but that one night was exquisite. The service was impeccable: the front desk staff allowed us to check into our room early, the housekeeping staff was hospitable and very attentive to detail, the valets & doormen were immensely friendly and helpful, and the restaurant staff was on-point in all the right places. The rooms were spacious, well appointed, and comfortable. We were part of a wedding party, and the bride & groom were upgraded (at no charge) to a luxurious honeymoon suite. This is certainly hospitality at its finest. Whenever we need to stay in DC, we will be staying at The Palomar.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BergerBot,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are really proud of the warm, intimate atmosphere we create and love that you enjoyed.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This Klimpton hotel meets all of the expected amenities of this excellent chain+more. Free wi-fi, courteous and friendly front desk, and comfortable and well appointed room makes this one of my favorites when traveling to DC. I also love the Urbana bar where I always meet interesting people and Joe the bartender is the perfect combination of efficiency and friendliness. Located near DuPont Circle it is surrounded by some of DC's best restaurants and shopping, and steps to the Metro station. Rates vary but I can usually get a competitive room rate on-line. I will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear mayito2

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We are thrilled that you found our hotel comfortable and the service personable. I will make sure to share your review with Joe. I know he will be very happy. When you are back in town please let me know. I would love the opportunity to say hi.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of its high rating on TripAdvisor. The rating is deserved; the hotel is cool, friendly and well- run. The only issues I found were (1) it was a little noisy outside my room (the hallway, not the street) and (2) my new car came back from valet with a small dent on the door. Other than that, the stay at the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear MignonWinston,

We are thrilled you chose our hotel and had a great time. Thank you so much for the shout out! We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Columbia, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at other Dupont Circle locations previously, we were anxious to try out the Palomar. Location can't be beat as the hotel is a few blocks from the Dupont Metro station with a Starbucks in the same block and a Le Pain Quotidien in the next block-both convenient for breakfast. The hotel lobby is lovely and well-appointed with seating around a fireplace. However, the nightly wine tasting can become extremely crowded/noisy with standing-room only space. Both the white and red wine offerings were of acceptable quality. Our standard room was clean and comfortable but of European size. Room 1011 is positioned in a quiet small hall with room size rather small. There was no comfortable seating, just a desk chair. Night table on one side of the king bed, with honor bar on opposite side of bed. Desk/chair, dresser topped by flat panel TV at foot of bed. Closet beside bed provided the needed storage. We found the bath to be efficient, except there is no fan. Aveda toiletries are a plus. As In Touch members, we had Wifi in the room and a $10 complimentary purchase from the honor bar. In comparison to other Dupont Circle hotels, the Palomar room was the smallest, but other qualities would take us back, especially if rates are comparable.

Stayed April 2012
hotelmanager_9, General Manager at Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear ShowMe,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. Dupont Circle is really a fun a neighborhood. So happy you enjoyed it. Next time you are back in town let me know. I would love to say hello and thank you in person.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

The Hotel kindly upgraded our room for our trip! The room was HUGE including a Jacuzzi bath and exercise bike in the room. The hotel is also Pet friendly, which makes it a real family friendly hotel. However, the hotel is not over run with pets and children and is definitely a good hotel for anyone looking for a good hotel. Staff is really helpful and the hot chocolate / wine hour in the early evening caters for everyone to relax after a very long day of sight-seeing. This is a wonderful hotel to stay in in Washington, highly recommended.

Room Tip: For us the motion spa room was a great treat! Didn't have to go up to the fitness room to use an...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Huskysaffa,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for recommending us to the world travelers. We greatly appreciate it.

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I enjoyed our stay at the Palomar Hotel very much. The Aveda products in the bathroom was very nice, and the funky animal robes where really fun. Our room had big windows, but I would definitely keep them drawn. The concierge was great in helping us find a nice place for dinner that was close and good, as it was pouring out. The only disappointment was the shower head. It was a bit dribbly without a lot of water pressure, but in the big picture this wasn't a big deal. We didn't have coffee in the room, but I later found out I could of asked for it if we wanted. The coffee in the lobby in the morning was nice, but not very good quality. The wine hour from 5-6 was very nice. It would have been great if you could have ordered a coffee or drink while sitting in the lobby anytime.

Room Tip: As for a corner room, as they are usually a bit bigger. I would also sign up at Klimpton Hotels, as...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Totentanz,

Thank you so much for your feedback and your kind remarks about the concierge service. I will share your review with the staff. I am sorry about the coffee and the water pressure. If you are ever back in town please let me know. I will make sure a coffee maker is placed in the room prior to your arrival and your stay remains flawless. Thank you for your business Totentanz.

Stephane

Been to Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!