“Awesome retro hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1315 16th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Give Yourself Some Credit
Ranked #48 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reno, Nevada
“Awesome retro hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This boutique hotel exceeded my expectations. It's located just a few blocks north of the White House and is close to the bus lines and the metro. The rooms are quite comfortable and they have free bikes available.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We only had 2 nights for our first time in Washington DC & Hotel Rogue is perfectly located near The White House & National Mall so we saw all the monuments that were on the list. It's also close to the Metro to Arlington. The beds are comfortable, the reception staff friendly & knowledgeable ... & there's a happy hour every day of the week!!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I briefly stayed at the Rouge Hotel in Washington D.C. I had an event that I was attending and I knew I wasn't going to make it home. So I opted to stay at the Rouge. The hotel itself is very nice and surprisingly spacious. The room was nice and clean. The bathtub was a little on the dirty side but I was able to make do. My view wasn't much to speak of but I was able to see my vehicle safely parked in the valet lot. The valet price was a bit expensive, 50 bucks a night. Places in south beach aren't that expensive. Overall tho the stay was very pleasant and I would stay again. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well

Room Tip: Don't drive valet is expensive
Green Features: They are very environmentally friendly. Very conscious of saving energy
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

So for starters maybe it's my fault but had no clue the hotel was going to take an extra 200 bucks from us at check in a place it on hold... So thankful of course we had it but being completely blindsided by it sucked because that taped into our spending budget while we were in DC so basically all we could do was see the sites which are conveniently close don't get me wrong but seriously it was our Anniversary and now we were 200 short and I was planning on coming back for my birthday in January with my buddies but smh I don't even know really and it's crazy because I'm not going to get started in the room.....

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had a 3 night anniversary weekend there. Couldn't have been nicer. We had back room that was quiet. Wine hour every evening and coffee available in the morning. Friendly staff, always smiling and very helpful. We had a large clean room. Moderate price, and a great experience. We would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Inspiring styling, great (though small) bar, complimentary snacks, wine, pizza, varying times of day. Attentive staff. Walking distance to restaurants and attractions. Trendy boutique concept well executed. Small, but intimate, overall. Though we did not use, we would return with kids, given family style rooms with bunks and video games.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Griffinchauc. We are so excited that you chose the Rouge during your recent visit to DC and that you will return during your next visit with your family! Looks like we are a perfect match and we are so pleased to have a new fan!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent one night at Hotel Rouge in an Executive King Room.
For my purposes (I was in DC for a concert), this hotel fit the bill. I found the cost to be appropriate for the location and cleanliness of the hotel.

A lot of people have commented on the decor: I found it to be sexy and fun, not overbearing at all. But, I thought it was a little strange that my Executive King room had a king bed and 2 bunk beds, since I booked a room for two adults. The website should be more clear.

My biggest complaint is that the hotel has obviously been recently renovated, but the in-room bathrooms have been neglected. The lobby, bar, and the decor of the individual rooms is fresh and bright. On the other hand, the bathroom in my room was dark (very hard to apply make up) and teeny tiny with a bathtub shower- not what I expect from the word "Executive King." The water temperature and pressure were so inconsistent that I was grateful my stay was only one night and I wouldn't have to repeat that horror.

Next time I come to DC I think I'll try a different Kimpton (Hotel Palomar was fully booked). But this hotel is a very good deal if you have a short stay and just need a place to crash.

Finally, I'm a big Kimpton fan and the perks with the free InTouch Membership are always nice ($10 credit for minibar/ 5pm wine). Be sure to sign up so you can get deals like $1 Continental Breakfasts.

Room Tip: there's no view, so no need to be picky
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Veronica S. Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry that we did not completely WOW you but we do appreciate your feedback very much. We do pride ourselves on our large rooms and great style, but you are correct that are bathrooms are small. We can certainly address the lighting and water pressure issues immediately and we thank you for reporting!

Been to Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!