“Reedemed themselves after a rocky start” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1315 16th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Breakfast for $1
Ranked #48 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cary, North Carolina
“Reedemed themselves after a rocky start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My son booked a block of rooms at the Rouge for their nearby wedding. There was a lot of disappointment in how the block booking was handled. Based on that I was prepared to rake the Rouge over the coals. However, the wedding is over and the Rouge staff went over and above to make everyone's stay a great experience. Rooms were generally ready early before normal check-in. They held a wine and cheese party for our guests the day before the wedding. The contracted Sunday brunch in a private room was perfect for a farewell before everyone went home. During the stay the hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. We were treated like special guests the length of our stay. Harold, the front desk manager, is terrific and on top of everything. I highly recommend the Rouge as a fun place to stay. The only negative is there are only two, very slow elevators which are shared by the cleaning staff. At busy times there can be a long wait.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we saw were excellent. You might choose a lower floor so you can take the steps an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear JoeH. Thank you for your review. We love special occasions and I am so pleased that we helped to make your son’s wedding more memorable. Thank you for letting everyone know about your great experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We arrived at 12 and valeted the car which was wonderful. Are room wasn't ready yet as we were early but the happily stored our bags and guided us to exactly where we were meeting friends for lunch. When we go back that afternoon we helped ourselves to a glass of wine during the wine hour which was great! Later that night we stopped in the bar and had a quick drink before heading up to our room. I am happy with any hotel bar that stocks hendricks.

Once in the room it was very spacious and far away from the elevator just as I had asked when booking. The bathroom was great and there was a small nook off of it where the bar was. My only complaint is that the pillows were probably the worst I have ever encountered. I am a foam pillow person and my husband a die-hard down pillow guy and both of us loathed these pillows. He was smart enough to find an extra one in the closet (they only put two on the bed) but he said it made no difference.

I would happily stay again, I think next time I will bring my own pillow!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MSneezles. Thank you for staying with us! I am thrilled that we were a part of making your trip to DC a success. I am sorry that you didn’t like our pillows. We usually get rave reviews about them and even offer them for sale on our kimptonstyle.com website! Give us a heads up the next time you are in town, I’m sure we can find a comfy pillow that better suits you.
OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is my 2nd Kimpton property & I came to expect personal service after my first experience with one of their properties. This one delivered! Clean, comfortable & most definitely unique! But of course, red HAS to be a theme in this hotel rouge! We love the personal service & staff truly made this a great time. There was one woman working the front desk who was not as friendly or knoweldgeable as the rest & it was a little frustrating that she could not recommend places to eat or the best way to find a cab at our desired travel time. However, the rest of the staff more than made up for her- giving us extra vouchers for cocktails & breakfast. :) :) :)

The hotel itself is a little bit of a walk from the closest metro stations, but you're in DC- get used to the walk. Plus, it is in an area that is predominately locals, so don't worry about the tourist trap & there are plenty of people on the street who can point you in the right direction if you need something.

We will definitely stay here again & I think I am possibly a Kimpton girl for life!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear iluv2goaway. Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the Rouge and that you found us to be unique, friendly and comfortable at the same time. That’s exactly what we’re going for!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

They welcome you so nicely, the staff is so professional and sweet. They welcome you with snacks :) The rooms are beautiful, the beds are comfortable and clean, they are big and spacious. There is fresh pizza every morning in the lobby, coffee and tea. The bar is amazing the staff there is amazing too. The girl who bartends is super friendly. Walking distance to mostly everything. This hotel is amazing!

Room Tip: Top floors :)
Green Features: amazing!!! Everyone is so sweet and caring, dedicated to your needs and so professional. The Rouge simply do it all :)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Viajem0s. Yes! You can come back anytime! We love to hear when our guests have such a great visit and we are so happy that you enjoyed your experience at the Rouge! Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We loved this place. Every time I am in Washington I will stay here. I can't tell you how wonderful the stay was. But will definite stay here every time. Adrienna at the bar...Danielle and Harald atvthe desk. Incredible place. .. loved it

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear RuthPatterson. “Best Ever” is music to our ears! Thank you for giving our wonderful staff a shout out! We love that you had a great time with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had a great experience at Hotel Rouge. Front desk staff was friendly and super helpful guiding me around the area. And my room was huge and well appointed. The best part was I checked in during happy hour - couldn't have been welcomed any better! I will definitely stay here again next trip to DC!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Julie D. Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the Rouge and for the great feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our neighborhood, large rooms and complimentary wine reception. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel on walking distance from the Mall (10 minutes) and Dupont Circle.
Very friendly staff who will do anything to make you feel welcome.
Big, comfortable and clean rooms.
The ambiance in the restaurant is very special. Great food.
The manager of the restaurant, Mr. Raimey Juragan, is a very kind person who makes you feel yourself at home immediately.
Once you have been there, you want to come back!

Dear Frank v. Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. “Excellent hotel” is exactly what we strive for from every guest experience. Thank you for noticing and we hope you’ll be back during your next visit to DC.

Been to Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!