“Dog Friendly and Central to everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1315 16th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Breakfast $1 More
Ranked #45 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Dog Friendly and Central to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights with our dog. The hotel is very nicely decorated, since its a boutique hotel it feels more cozy/unique than your typical Marriott or Hyatt hotel room. We paid the small extra fee for the suite and it was great. The room was huge and clean. We didn't really eat at the restaurant so I can't speak to that. Parking was expensive, but from what I heard, that's just typical to that city. I'm from Boston though, so I'm used to paying through the nose for parking. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Get the suite. Its such a small difference in price and it was worth it. Although, I don't know...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear angellisette. Thank you very much for commenting on your recent visit to the Hotel Rouge. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location, atmosphere, pet friendly and helpful service. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to celebrate my husband's birthday in town and stayed at Hotel Rouge. What a great experience!!! From check in to check out, our experience was nothing but outstanding. We had a room with King bed and bunk bed for our son. This room was big and clean. They even had some board games for our son and us to play before our dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill. We will return to this hotel anytime and recommend to our family and friends. Oops, how can I forget their complimentary wine hour from 5p-6p. It was perfect to have a glass of wine before dinner. Thank you, Kimpton Hotels and Rouge. Especially to Kelly, Chase and Jonathan.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear KCKWashDC. Thank you for staying with us! I am thrilled that we were a part of making your husband’s birthday more memorable and we hope that you will find us again to celebrate other special occasions in the future!
Pleasant Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My first visit to DC. I asked several friends were we should stay and they named several locations. My friends and I decided on the Rouge Hotel. We made a fabulous decision. Great location, close to everything, shops, Metro, night life, restaurants etc. The room we stayed in was spacious, CLEAN, great lighting. So much room to move around. The restroom was clean and a decent size. Most of all after coming back every night from dinner, concerts or night life the bed was satisfying. I had the best night sleep at the Rouge. The staff was great, friendly and kind. I went back to DC and stayed at a different Kimpton hotel. Never again, I enjoyed my stay at the Rouge hotel. Just loved our red room. Thank you Rouge for not disappointing us and being great to us.

• Stayed June 2012
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear 35jms. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Have a fantastic stay! The decor of hotel is romantic. Staff are warm and accommodating!! We celebrated our birthday and the staff surprised my husband & I with a complimentary champagne and chocolate strawberry plate! I've stayed at many hotels, celebrating different occasions and this was the first comp surprise.

The hotel lobby wine cocktail hour was nice as well! We will definitely recommend this property and stay again! Thanks Rouge for a wonderful time!

• Stayed December 2012
Jennifer H, Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear luvstorm. Thank you for your review. We love special occasions and I am so pleased that we helped to make you and your husband’s birthday memorable. Thank you for being a fan and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Rouge follows the great tradition of Kimpton boutique hotels. However, in the case of Rouge, the rooms seem roomier. The decor of the hotel and rooms are visually appealing. The staff was professional, engaging and responsive. Of course, the event I enjoy at all Kimpton is the 5 o'clock managers reception. Enjoy wine and appetizers, like caprese.
Oh, and like all Kimpton, they're pet friendly. My Standard Poodle, Gaspar, gives Rouge 5 stars

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the embassy row, otherwise your view is an alley.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear mayoplan. Thank you for your review and for being a Kimpton fan! I am pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, great service and hosted wine reception! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sunman, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I chose the Rouge based on a recommendation from a friend of mine living in DC. What I found was a hotel with flare. The Front desk staff was extremely helpful regarding directions, places to see and places to eat. I found the interior decor to be just as advertised. My room was very spacious, and having a thermostat to control the room temperature made it that much more enjoyable. I found the bar staff to be very friendly and the food to be excellent. I would highly recommend the Rouge hotel to anyone tired of staying at one of the large chains and looking for something different!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dennis S. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!