“Everything about this hotel is GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1315 16th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Logan Circle/ Shaw)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Give Yourself Some Credit
Ranked #47 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pleasant Hill, California
“Everything about this hotel is GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My first visit to DC. I asked several friends were we should stay and they named several locations. My friends and I decided on the Rouge Hotel. We made a fabulous decision. Great location, close to everything, shops, Metro, night life, restaurants etc. The room we stayed in was spacious, CLEAN, great lighting. So much room to move around. The restroom was clean and a decent size. Most of all after coming back every night from dinner, concerts or night life the bed was satisfying. I had the best night sleep at the Rouge. The staff was great, friendly and kind. I went back to DC and stayed at a different Kimpton hotel. Never again, I enjoyed my stay at the Rouge hotel. Just loved our red room. Thank you Rouge for not disappointing us and being great to us.

• Stayed June 2012
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear 35jms. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Have a fantastic stay! The decor of hotel is romantic. Staff are warm and accommodating!! We celebrated our birthday and the staff surprised my husband & I with a complimentary champagne and chocolate strawberry plate! I've stayed at many hotels, celebrating different occasions and this was the first comp surprise.

The hotel lobby wine cocktail hour was nice as well! We will definitely recommend this property and stay again! Thanks Rouge for a wonderful time!

• Stayed December 2012
Jennifer H, Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear luvstorm. Thank you for your review. We love special occasions and I am so pleased that we helped to make you and your husband’s birthday memorable. Thank you for being a fan and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Rouge follows the great tradition of Kimpton boutique hotels. However, in the case of Rouge, the rooms seem roomier. The decor of the hotel and rooms are visually appealing. The staff was professional, engaging and responsive. Of course, the event I enjoy at all Kimpton is the 5 o'clock managers reception. Enjoy wine and appetizers, like caprese.
Oh, and like all Kimpton, they're pet friendly. My Standard Poodle, Gaspar, gives Rouge 5 stars

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the embassy row, otherwise your view is an alley.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear mayoplan. Thank you for your review and for being a Kimpton fan! I am pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, great service and hosted wine reception! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sunman, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I chose the Rouge based on a recommendation from a friend of mine living in DC. What I found was a hotel with flare. The Front desk staff was extremely helpful regarding directions, places to see and places to eat. I found the interior decor to be just as advertised. My room was very spacious, and having a thermostat to control the room temperature made it that much more enjoyable. I found the bar staff to be very friendly and the food to be excellent. I would highly recommend the Rouge hotel to anyone tired of staying at one of the large chains and looking for something different!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dennis S. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish & unique atmosphere and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Yeah, the location is great but the hotel itself is a bit tired and faded. Room was large and the bed comfortable but not everything worked well. Staff was helpful and fixed the problems but these should not have happened at all. You can not beat the location. Breakfast is so-so but the seating arrangements poor. There are not many seats and many are taken up by sociophobes who spread out and encamp with their lap tops and "work" thus depriving everyone else of a place to sit down and have their breakfast. We stayed on a highly discounted rate. Even at that rate I would think more than once of returning. I might and I might not.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jennifer H, General Manager at Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear PRR. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Rouge for your recent visit to DC. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location, but regret that a few issues in the room needed to be fixed after arrival. It is rare that our housekeeping and engineering departments miss repairs but we will certainly use your feedback to improve. I am also sorry that you found breakfast to be too crowded. We don’t like our guests to be uncomfortable, but please know that we also offer room service – who doesn’t love breakfast in bed!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my first trip to Washington DC and this hotel was a perfect location for easy access to the impressive buildings. We were very impressed with the decor. The staff were very friendly and gave us very helpful tips on restaurants. They even went several streets down to get us a taxi.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Kiffy_51. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to DC and the Hotel Rogue’s great service, stylish accommodations and location. Thank you for telling other travelers about your good experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend, taking advantage of the fact this was a "pet friendly" hotel. The room was nice and the staff was very nice. However, there are some things I took away that made me think again about staying here. First, they offer to walk the dog, which is great, but also on one of the website it advertised pet sitting, and it turns out the hotel can't really help you at all with that they can just provide you with a local dog sitters number and you can see if they are available for a ridiculous price. I also agree the walls are very thin. I got to hear the woman next door to me screaming "YES! YES!" at the top of her lungs a handful of times while I was there. Back to the dog, I would also say if you want to be a pet friendly hotel, clump the pet people together and leave the non pet people on the same floor as well. The one day we left my dog barked a few times after we just the door and a guy in the hallway was like, is that your dog? no one wants to hear that! people like this should be told its a pet friendly hotel and if they don't like that, put the non pet people on one floor, or all the pet people on one floor, or sound proof the rooms. I heard a dog bark the entire time I was there in the hall but I did not complain because I have a dog so I do not think it is a big deal. Lastly, there was a small incident the last day I was there, and I have to admit the staff worked to fix it (after some phonecalls) so they do highly regard customer service. As for location, it is a bit separated from the "chaos" but I loved it and would stay again in that area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear shopperhopper. Thank you very much for commenting on your recent visit to the Hotel Rouge. Your feedback is valuable and will help us to continuously improve!

Been to Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!