“Gorgeous modern hotel in the perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Walk from the Park
Ranked #10 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Gorgeous modern hotel in the perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall, we loved this hotel's location, ambiance, and amenities. It is a short walk to downtown Georgetown, the Kennedy Center, and has easy access to Rock Creek Park. The hotel itself has an awesome modern decor, which extends to the rooms. Our room (on the 10th floor) was spacious, exceptionally clean, and very comfortable. Extra perks: Nespresso machine in the room, a flat-panel TV that swung out from the wall, great bathroom (and delicious-smelling toiletries) and adorable dog amenities. The package we booked also included breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, which was a real treat. They offer either a very nice buffet, or a la carte, and there is a lovely outdoor seating area, which we took advantage of. We enjoyed this hotel immensely, and that is despite a rocky start. We had a bit of a delay checking-in, getting seated at breakfast the first morning, and with the dog amenities, which we had pre-ordered for our pooch. My husband said something to the manager and he instantly made it right, waiving the dog fee and ensuring that we were seated promptly the next morning. We are already looking forward to a return trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked 2 rooms and prior to arrival we mailed ahead to make sure we would get connecting rooms. They replied within few hours this was arranged.
Upon checking we were given an higher category room which we appreciated very much as this additionally had a 'living room area'. Check in was efficient and friendly and we liked the looks and decoration from both hotel area's as well as rooms. The beds were phenomenal and the bathroom of our suite was with an exceptional large shower/bath in nice dark marble/stone.

The hotel is located in a nice area right between the major sightseeing and museums on one side and the nice shops around M street. Bikes were at hand at the doormen and we used them to cycle downtown to visit the white house, capitol etc. A typical way for a Dutchmen to go around.

Where there points of criticism, yes but few.

I found they had plenty of staff in the restaurant we used both for breakfast and dinner but it seems all a bit slow and inefficient though friendly. Hard to explain but you will notice what I mean.

What annoyed me is that I tried to make a reservation at the seaters for the next evening with a table outside I was told this was not possible, only inside as outside was done at a first come first serve base. I asked them I would feel this is inappropriate to guest staying in the hotel. Well, they did not care. I walked over to the reception and told them the story, added that I am, besides a hotel guest, a diamond member and expected something extra and that I had many options around. Here reply was forward, Sir, no need for all that, i agree with you as a in house guest and will arrange it. And so it happened. The restaurant said to be one of the better in town, it was good but not something I would call spectacular...

Anyhow, good hotel in a more quiet part of town with fine rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors and better not facing M street at this is more busy road.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in the somewhat larger deluxe room category. I was very happy with the oversized desk in the middle of the room - perfect for working. Everything was comfortable and well-appointed. Large and well designed bathroom. Lobby area very pleasant. Nice, professional service. The hotel was very accommodating when I asked to switch a quieter room. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear AvidTraveler941,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to read how accommodating our staff was with your Premier Park Deluxe room switch. Their spacious size really makes for an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A little bit pricy, but not bad for the location in DC. 5 blocks from a Metro station for easy transport. A courtesy car that will take you anywhere within 5 miles for only the cost of tipping the driver (WAY less than a cab!). Wonderful concierge service that will do anything from grab your sunglasses out of your car, bring you ice, or track down theatre tickets. Exceptionally professional staff from doormen to housekeeping to management. Overall very impressed with the room we stayed in (500-something square feet). Very clean and well kept, and a great stay overall. We will probably return.
The only complaint is that our room faced a back alley, and despite being on the 10th floor, it was VERY loud when they came to pick up the trash at 7 AM nearly every day.

Room Tip: Upgrade to something bigger than the base room
Dear Brent C,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit. Despite the inconvenience of hearing noise in the back alley, it sounds like you had a very pleasant stay. What a delight to read how helpful our concierge was, honoring all of your requests, and then some! I will be certain to share your comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had planned our week in Washington D.C. 4 months prior to our trip. This hotel was our first stay of our 7 day stay around Washington D.C. We got to the hotel very early on July 30th to check in - about 11:30 or noon. No problem - we could not check in and they held our luggage. The front desk lady said, "Are you part of the group of convention people who are checking in?" I said, "No, we are not." (Back to that later in my story.) Great, we will go explore the city. We left with the front desk saying "We will call you and let you know when your room is ready and it will be before 3 PM." My boyfriend was fighting the end of a cold and by about 2:00 he asked if the hotel called me. I said no and I shall call them back. I called and I got a cold "No your room is not ready." So we did a few more things and then started to make our way back to the hotel. It was then after 3 PM. Again, the front desk person said, "Sorry but your room still isn't ready." I then said, "Well I need a room and I need to speak with someone. It's past 3 PM and my boyfriend is not feeling well." Well out comes Gregorie Lantoin. Very polite and well mannered but he apologizes and says, "We are sorry but we had a group of convention people last minute "last night" book a lot of our rooms." I then said, "Well that is all good but I booked my room 3-4 months ago and it's past the check in time of 3 PM. I said, "I don't care if you put us in a smaller room or a larger room but we need a room." He politely smiled and we did get upgraded and finally got in our room.

I did go back and forth on this hotel and almost booked the Grand Hyatt which now I wish of would of done. I didn't like the fact that I planned this vacation down to a tee and now had to beg to get in my room. The room was nice and the bathroom was beautiful. The "Bergamote 22" shampoo, soap and lotion that was provided in our room was great. We stayed here 2 nights and then stayed at the Willard right by the White House for 2 nights. We ended our stay in Arlington, VA at the Le Meriden. This is my first time staying at a Park Hyatt and it may be my last.

I guess if I would of told the check in person I was part of the convention, I may have got my room quicker? I don't know but I've stayed in many hotels and it's the first time I ever had to do this.

Dear MN_LADY_X,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. While we strive to create a memorable experience for our guests, clearly this was not the case, and for that please accept our sincerest apologies. I have passed your comments along to our management team for further review, as perhaps this situation could have been handled better. We do hope that you consider to stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to make your second visit a much more pleasant one.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Park Hyatt is my favorite high-end hotel in DC. I have never been disappointed here. It is expensive (for me) but when the occasion warrants a splurge this should be it.

Rooms are beautiful, lovely linens, good art work in the rooms - throughout the whole hotel. Fun little amenities and turn down service. The staff is flawless.

Suite are spacious and well appointed. This would be a good place for family visits to the city - fourth of July, New Years Eve, Presidential Inauguration, anti-war demonstration, etc.

Just wish I could afford to stay here more...... sigh.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cosmic_beancounter,

Thank you for selecting us as your favorite hotel in DC! Please be sure to visit the Offers page of our website to see which special promotions are being offered during visit to the nation's capital, as you will find a variety of perks for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had an excellent 4 days here at the Park Hyatt; High quality service and excellent food; very professional and helpful staff offering high quality service. The hotel is modern and spacious and conveniently situated to all the major sites. It is only a 10 minute walk to Georgetown, its restaurants and beautiful streets. If walking is not your cup of tea, there are plenty of reasonably priced taxis always on hand. I would definitely return to this Hyatt again in the future.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Donald F,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us! It is great to read how much you enjoyed our hotel, including the service demonstrated by our team. I have already shared your comments with our team, who are most appreciative. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!