We booked 2 rooms and prior to arrival we mailed ahead to make sure we would get connecting rooms. They replied within few hours this was arranged.
Upon checking we were given an higher category room which we appreciated very much as this additionally had a 'living room area'. Check in was efficient and friendly and we liked the looks and decoration from both hotel area's as well as rooms. The beds were phenomenal and the bathroom of our suite was with an exceptional large shower/bath in nice dark marble/stone.
The hotel is located in a nice area right between the major sightseeing and museums on one side and the nice shops around M street. Bikes were at hand at the doormen and we used them to cycle downtown to visit the white house, capitol etc. A typical way for a Dutchmen to go around.
Where there points of criticism, yes but few.
I found they had plenty of staff in the restaurant we used both for breakfast and dinner but it seems all a bit slow and inefficient though friendly. Hard to explain but you will notice what I mean.
What annoyed me is that I tried to make a reservation at the seaters for the next evening with a table outside I was told this was not possible, only inside as outside was done at a first come first serve base. I asked them I would feel this is inappropriate to guest staying in the hotel. Well, they did not care. I walked over to the reception and told them the story, added that I am, besides a hotel guest, a diamond member and expected something extra and that I had many options around. Here reply was forward, Sir, no need for all that, i agree with you as a in house guest and will arrange it. And so it happened. The restaurant said to be one of the better in town, it was good but not something I would call spectacular...
Anyhow, good hotel in a more quiet part of town with fine rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Washington, located in the fashionable West End Georgetown neighborhood of the nation's capital, combines sophisticated modernism with classic American style. With its Tea Cellar offering rare and vintage tea selections, intimate Spa Room offering an array of services and treatments, redesigned flexible event and meeting space, and celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant, Park Hyatt Washington offers guests a unique experience in the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Park Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Hotel Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt