“Great/Beautiful/if coming soon, ask about noise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #7 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Boulder, CO
“Great/Beautiful/if coming soon, ask about noise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at the Park Hyatt for two nights in June. It's a beautiful hotel, as you'd expect from a Park Hyatt. It is serene, the furnishings are very tasteful, the service was excellent. I enjoyed the breakfast at the Blue Duck Tavern (the hotel restaurant) so much that I did something I almost never do -- I went back that afternoon and had a drink and an excellent course of cheese and italian meats before heading out to a business dinner I had to attend. The sugar cookies from room service are also excellent.

Only caveat: if you're coming SOON (as in during June/July 2014), ask about the construction next door. The jackhammers woke me up at 7:00am both days and it was incessant all day. Luckily I was out of my room all day anyway or this would have been a real problem (as in, had I planned to be in my room working). Other than that, great hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear spep4,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. First, please accept our sincerest apologies for the construction across the street. While the city is making enhancements to the area, we do realize the temporary inconvenience it may cause our guests.

However, I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed our property, especially Blue Duck Tavern! We do hope to see you again.

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and were very impressed by the quality of the staff. Our first room was noisy and a bit disappointing, but Guest Services Manager Gregoire Lantoin was quick to help and moved us to a different room. We upgraded to a suite, and the soaking tub was such a pleasant way to relax at the end of the day. The space was nice and clean, and we enjoyed breakfast every day at the Blue Duck Tavern downstairs. The pillows and bedding were nice, and the room was a good size. My only suggestion would be to include a couch of some kind in the living area as opposed to the two club chairs. The bar, while small, was great with some tasty cocktails and good service. Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and found the staff to be super nice. We will definitely return to the Park Hyatt on our next trip to DC. I highly recommend it for business travelers or couples seeking a pleasant weekend trip to DC.

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the upgrade cost.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Boxford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Park Hyatt. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to be close to Georgetown, but also to Dupont Circle and the Mall. The room was clean and well-appointed, the staff was friendly and helpful. The Blue Duck Tavern had delicious food and excellent wait staff. I felt well-taken care of.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Loveschocolate2,

Thank you for sharing such a nice review of our hotel. It definitely sounds like a wonderful stay - convenient for you to explore the city and also to dine at our Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. It is great to read how much you enjoyed our property. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Scranton, Pa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Rooms are not for people who are handicapped. Beds and toilets are too low for handicapped people and a handicapped person can not get in the tub. Plus if you have a hard time walking, the handicapped rooms are very far from the elevators.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Walnut, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed during Spring Break due to its proximity to Georgetown. I can say that this hotel surpassed my expectations, from the doormen, to check in (ish), to the stay, and to check out.

The arrival
The arrival was flawless, I believe that I did not touch a doorknob once, even the taxi's. The moment I arrived, every door was opened with smiles and I probably did not touch my bag either since it was already put on the carriage. So I am very impressed with the arrival process

The Check In
As expected, the room was not ready when I arrived, since I came at 6:00 AM. But the storage of the bags and etc was taken cared of promptly. The only downside was that I asked them to give me a call when my room would be ready and throughout the day, they never called me once. I came back to the hotel at 6PM and found out that the room was ready a long time ago.

The Stay
The room was big, like bigger than expected. The restroom was the highlight though, it was huge! It had a rain shower and a big sink. The room great, every night they would place ice plus two Evian bottles of water near the bed. Whats great is that there is a coffee making machine in the room too with those bullet coffees like Nespresso.
House keeping responded promptly to our request for more coffee bullets hahhaa
We bought clothes as a present for the housekeepers and left them in the room for them as a surprise too!

Check out
Quite efficient. The bellboys called the taxi way ahead of time and they were already waiting for us as we exited the hotel.

Overall
A great experience. This hotel has now set the bar for my expectations in DC. I will most certainly be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Kain P,

Thank you for sharing such terrific feedback from your recent stay with us over spring break. it sounds like your visit to DC was an excellent one, made even better by the service of our team. I will be sure to let them know how much your family appreciated their kindness. We thank you again and do look forward to welcoming you all back the next time you visit Washington!

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

In DC for a Board meeting and add-on vacation, we found the Park Hyatt was a perfect place, combining good location, a spacious, comfortable room with a terrific modern bath/shower suite. We were in a junior suite, and very happy with the wonderful king bed and the separate reading/TV/relaxing/office room. Free bikes for touring DC were a terrific treat, as was the lovely, sun-lit indoor pool for working out the kinks in the afternoon. Then dinner in the excellent Blue Duck Tavern, with top food, wine and service. We couldn't be happier.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear gwshark$,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent trip to DC! It's been our pleasure having you as a guest in the hotel. It sounds like a very enjoyable stay - from swimming in the pool to dining at Blue Duck Tavern. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Silver spring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This sophisticated property is as serene as a hotel can get in a city environment. The staff is hospitable, the location near Georgetown is great for walking, and the restaurant is world class. I highly recommend it for couples seeking a weekend escape, or for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Shibley T,

Wow! Thanks for sharing such excellent feedback from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed our "urban retreat" and were able to take advantage of its conveniences and luxuries. We appreciate you taking the time to share comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!