“Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Walk from the Park
Ranked #10 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Walnut, California
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed during Spring Break due to its proximity to Georgetown. I can say that this hotel surpassed my expectations, from the doormen, to check in (ish), to the stay, and to check out.

The arrival
The arrival was flawless, I believe that I did not touch a doorknob once, even the taxi's. The moment I arrived, every door was opened with smiles and I probably did not touch my bag either since it was already put on the carriage. So I am very impressed with the arrival process

The Check In
As expected, the room was not ready when I arrived, since I came at 6:00 AM. But the storage of the bags and etc was taken cared of promptly. The only downside was that I asked them to give me a call when my room would be ready and throughout the day, they never called me once. I came back to the hotel at 6PM and found out that the room was ready a long time ago.

The Stay
The room was big, like bigger than expected. The restroom was the highlight though, it was huge! It had a rain shower and a big sink. The room great, every night they would place ice plus two Evian bottles of water near the bed. Whats great is that there is a coffee making machine in the room too with those bullet coffees like Nespresso.
House keeping responded promptly to our request for more coffee bullets hahhaa
We bought clothes as a present for the housekeepers and left them in the room for them as a surprise too!

Check out
Quite efficient. The bellboys called the taxi way ahead of time and they were already waiting for us as we exited the hotel.

Overall
A great experience. This hotel has now set the bar for my expectations in DC. I will most certainly be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Kain P,

Thank you for sharing such terrific feedback from your recent stay with us over spring break. it sounds like your visit to DC was an excellent one, made even better by the service of our team. I will be sure to let them know how much your family appreciated their kindness. We thank you again and do look forward to welcoming you all back the next time you visit Washington!

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

In DC for a Board meeting and add-on vacation, we found the Park Hyatt was a perfect place, combining good location, a spacious, comfortable room with a terrific modern bath/shower suite. We were in a junior suite, and very happy with the wonderful king bed and the separate reading/TV/relaxing/office room. Free bikes for touring DC were a terrific treat, as was the lovely, sun-lit indoor pool for working out the kinks in the afternoon. Then dinner in the excellent Blue Duck Tavern, with top food, wine and service. We couldn't be happier.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear gwshark$,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent trip to DC! It's been our pleasure having you as a guest in the hotel. It sounds like a very enjoyable stay - from swimming in the pool to dining at Blue Duck Tavern. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Silver spring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This sophisticated property is as serene as a hotel can get in a city environment. The staff is hospitable, the location near Georgetown is great for walking, and the restaurant is world class. I highly recommend it for couples seeking a weekend escape, or for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Shibley T,

Wow! Thanks for sharing such excellent feedback from your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed our "urban retreat" and were able to take advantage of its conveniences and luxuries. We appreciate you taking the time to share comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We were in town for a wedding Memorial wknd and the Park upgraded us to a suite. We were so pleasantly surprised. Spent 2 nights. Found the waterfront area in Georgetown. So nice. Enjoyed the rockers and brought cocktails outside. Such a pleasant evening. Consierge met our needs and directed us to a local trendy fun evening. We had time to walk down to the monument and sculpture park in the am. And got hooked up w a Blowbar for hair for the evening. Loved the outside dining and light menu/brunch. Just a welcoming fun upscale lounge in or out area. Staff couldn't have been more accomodating. Only negative - shower. Don't turn the water on fullforce or it will flood to the sink area. Shower w/o borders.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Penny J,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your Memorial Day weekend stay with us. It sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend and wedding in the nation's capital. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our concierge so they know how helpful they were to you both. Thank you also for letting us know about the water not working properly. That will get corrected immediately. We hope to welcome you back again.

St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is excellent. The room is clean. The bathroom is a combination bath and dressing area which worked nicely for me since I was traveling alone but might have been inconvenient if I had a companion. Staff is very attentive. For example, the ice bucket was filled every time I entered the room. I came to think they had sensors in the floor because every time I returned to my room everything had been straightened. Again and again. The room décor was very modern. It probably is much easier to clean but it wasn't to my taste. The bathroom had an open shower. I got used to it. The tub, however, while very deep, didn't allow me to lean back and relax because there was a granite/marble slab around the edge. That was my only complaint. Not much to complain about. (And the room was extraordinarily expensive.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What a pleasure it always is to stay at the Park Hyatt. The staff always make you feel special and there is never any request that they cannot deal with. The way I was treated made me almost think I owned the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear P4017GHpeterl,

Thank you for being a loyal Park Hyatt guest, and for taking the time share such wonderful comments about our team. I am so happy to read how accommodating they are to you during each of your visits. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon.

WASHINGTON DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a great time at the Park Hyatt from the time we checked in until the time we checked out. Highly recommend. The food and accommodations were excellent!!! Top of the line. We ate in the restaurant, the bar and had breakfast in our room (room service).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!