“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #7 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My fiance and I wanted a little romantic night in DC and we came across this hotel. It was very updated and clean!! The staff was very friendly as well. Only downside is parking on the street but we were able to find a space pretty close. I would definitely come back!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Ciara W,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent getaway with us! It sounds like you and your fiance had a wonderful time away and enjoyed our hotel. As an alternative to street parking, we do offer valet parking. We look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.

Andrew Davidson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Virgina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Park Hyatt in celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary. The customer service was exceptional. We were greeted with a complimentary wine and cheese platter from Blue Duck Tavern minutes after arriving to our room. A happy anniversary hand written card from the hotel manager accompanied the gift. The doormen, front desk staff, and even cleaning staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The last time we received this level of service was at the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas.

As an additional plus, the bed was extremely comfortable and the modern decor was refreshing.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2014
New York City, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

An absolutely gorgeous hotel with extremely good service. My husband and I spent two nights here while attending a conference in DC and upgraded to a Park Deluxe King room and found it to be an absolutely perfect stay. The decor is understated, but comfortable, with clean lines. The oversized bathrooms with step in shower and deep soaking tub are a true in room spa experience. The beds and bedding are plush and comfortable. Great TV. Lots of space. Amazing gym. Spotless property and extremely quiet. My only regret is that we did not try the restaurant. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This wasn’t my first time staying at the Park Hyatt Washington. Anytime I travel to Washington, DC, if I can, this is my first choice of places to stay.

There is a sense of opulence without pretentiousness here. The staff is always professional yet very friendly. The rooms are both comfortable and modern. Room service is excellent and the Blue Duck Tavern restaurant on the ground floor is fit for foodies. The gym is not large, but nicely appointed with quality machines.

The Park Hyatt Washington is not a budget hotel so if you’re looking for cheap lodging, this is not the place to stay. However, if you’re looking for an upscale hotel, the adage you get what you pay for applies and the Park Hyatt Washington certainly doesn’t disappoint.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Spend 2 nights at the Park Hyatt in Washington and I must admit it was one of the best Hotel stays in my life.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Great customer approach throughout my whole stay. Absolut TOP. The Lobby, actually the whole hotel has an elegant design. I got upgraded to the deluxe room and the room was just awesome. Very tasteful design, comfortable living room, nice bed and the bathroom - outstanding. The room was always clean and the staff checked the room more than once a day. The location is very good, couple of minutes with a taxi to downtown. If you do sightseeing in D.C. - 5min walk to the next BigBus stop. Will definitely return to the Park Hyatt next time I am in D.C

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Tim O,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a pleasant review of our hotel. It is extremely generous of you to say that Park Hyatt Washington is "one of the best Hotel stays", and for that we are truly grateful. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We do look forward to welcoming you back again.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My family had three rooms for one night in February 2014 and we had an excellent stay. We had Deluxe rooms which were wonderful. The pictures on the website were accurate - awesome bathrooms. The staff were friendly, professional, efficient.

Stayed February 2014
Dear JanDeaux,

Thank you for sharing such excellent feedback from your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel tries to be the epitome of excellence, and I really wanted to give it a top rating. The elegant decor with real Shaker furniture and accessories, the full bathtub, European glassware by Bodum and Schott, and quality toiletries were all wonderful and luxurious. The numerous staff ensured quick and professional service. Their black attire was understated, but made it a tad confusing to immediately identify them apart from the guests. The restaurant was fantastic. So it was disappointing, given that no expense was spared in the quality of the materials, that the workmanship on the construction was terrible, at least in my room. One of the faucet handles on my sink was installed backwards, so that it opened when turning right instead of left. Worse, the shower did too, even though the water was still hotter to the left -- that means that the water gets hotter when turning the shower OFF -- definitely a code violation. I experienced quite a bit of confusion trying to figure it out at first, and a brief moment of panic when I thought I didn't know how to shut off the water -- the handle actually overshoots the off point and opens the valve again. The sink faucets were also installed so close to the back wall that I pinched my fingers against the mirror when operating them. And don't look too closely at the tiling and wallpaper in the bathroom -- it again showed noticeably poor workmanship. It's a pity about such obvious problems. On the whole, though, this really was a splendid hotel, and I'd certainly give it another go.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Andromeda07,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. While I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed your time at the hotel and Blue Duck Tavern, I am rather disappointed to hear the opportunities experienced in your guestroom. I have already shared your comments with our Director of Engineering, who will see to it that sink faucets are corrected immediately. Please do feel free to contact me directly when making your next reservation with us.

Andrew Davidson

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!