“My new go-to in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #7 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Atlanta
“My new go-to in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was my first experience with a Park Hyatt and it did not disappoint. I arrived early in the morning and was able to get into a room without problem and was also given a complimentary upgrade to a Premier Park Deluxe with/View (delighted since I got a great deal through Jetsetter). The room was enormous, beautiful and had a very residential feel--felt like home. Loved the small touches (Annie Liebowitz American Music book), and the finishings of the room were stunning. The bathroom is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I'm certain I gasped out loud when I walked in. Everything about the room exudes comfort and class--I didn't want to leave.

But when I did have to venture out, I asked the bellman for a taxi. He asked where I was headed and when I responded, Old Ebbitt Grill, he directed me to the Mercedes sedan which whisked me there in no time.

When in DC, I've stayed at the St. Regis (great n'hood), the Mandarin Oriental (great spa), but when I return I will not hesitate to book another stay at the Park Hyatt. Addicted.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear 7continentsbound,

Thank you very much for sharing such wonderful comments from your recent stay with us. We certainly love being your new hotel-of-choice in the nation's capital. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the design & feel of our property, especially your in-room bathroom. We look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully soon.

Andrew Davidson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed for 8 days and loved the locale in Georgetown! The location was perfect! We could walk down to Georgetown in 10 minutes. (Even in the 30 degree cold) We were there over the New Year's and loved the friendliness and helpfulness of the Concierage ( Shane) and the rest of the Staff. The food at Blue Duck Tavern is delicious and very popular! We had breakfast everyday there and loved it! (My fave the Short Rib hash with eggs!!-Super delicious!!) We tried the prime hamburgers one afternoon and loved it too! We found various restaurants on our walk which we loved and wished we had time to revisit a second time!! Our room was spacious and very clean. The one con, (I think )was the bathroom which was designed with the shower having no door and the toilet being in the same room. All in all, whatever we needed they provided. (When we needed a steamer housekeeping brought it right away and when I needed a flat iron they brought it too!) The gym was great and the machines were top tier!( When we wanted to go to the Museums we were a 10 minute cab ride away-$12 ride both ways) This is a modern and very chic hotel close to everything in DC.

Dear Tripp333,

Thank you for choosing Park Hyatt Washington for your New Year's Eve getaway. It sounds like your celebration was made perfect in D.C., with a little help from your breakfast at Blue Duck Tavern. It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you return again.

Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel is wonderful! my boyfriend and I stayed there for one night. The most special night I have had! he proposed there and the place was just perfect! The bathroom and room were amazing. We really enjoyed staying there and the short walk to Georgetown was very convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is our second time staying at the Park Hyatt in Washington. The location of the hotel is just a short walking distance from Georgetown. The reason I love the spa rooms in this hotel is because of the amazing bathroom. The bathroom is truly an escape onto its self. . The food at the hotel’s restaurant is very good. I would highly recommend either a breakfast or dinner or both at this hotel. This hotel is a chic modern hotel, in a good location with amazing spa rooms.

Room Tip: Probably the higher the room the better. The spa rooms are the best.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear malyko,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit with us. We are pleased to read how much you enjoy our hotel, especially our spa-inspired limestone bathrooms. They certainly help make for a very comfortable stay. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family of five love the Park Hyatt DC! We recently spent four nights in a premier executive suite with a connecting deluxe double/double. The hotel is in perfect shape and we enjoy the tranquility of all its spaces including the guest rooms (immense). I cannot say enough about the service. Both the availability and the warm responsiveness from general manager Andrew Davidson, to Ryan Toney and his concierge staff, to the young woman who so meticulously made up our room each day. Room service is always superior, the pool is now a warm and more intimate space and the Blue Duck Tavern continues it's record of brilliance. Yet, it is the staff that continues to make the difference. They are at once genuine, gracious and sincere. Every so often while in DC we wander off to the Ritz-Carlton or the Mandarin Oriental, but never come away as thoroughly satisfied and relaxed as when we stay at the Park Hyatt. A final caveat, whenever the concierge desk makes restaurant reservations you can feel assured that the restaurant will know who you are and have a well-placed table ready.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I hate to have to give the Park Hyatt 4 stars instead of a full 5, but there are some small nagging things that, in my opinion, separate the 4 and 5 star luxury hotels. I booked the Park Deluxe room as part of a New Years Eve package that included the upgraded room, valet parking, "Welcome Holiday" Amenity, 2 tickets to the NYE event, and "American" Breakfast at the Blue Duck, all of this at a steep discount (versus purchasing each individually). As of right now, the only questionable hiccup might be the "Pending" charge for the valet parking on my credit card, but I suspect even if it goes through that there wouldn't be much of an issue getting that reversed.

The Good
The service here is some of the top notch I've experienced anywhere. The staff seemed genuinely happy, interested in the customers needs, and willing to do what they can. The room, we were in the Park Deluxe room that features a soaking tub and rain shower, marble floors, huge king big. It was great. The Park has full exercise room, excellent in door (skylit) pool, multiple floors, and an interesting out door (patio?) area.

The Bad
Any successful business person can tell you that the keys to success is location, location, location. Now I understand that we stayed New Years Eve, but there was a constant stream of sirens. All hours of the night, I was woken up by the sound of sirens coming directly by the hotel. The other looming issue is sound between rooms. I was in a Park Deluxe room, which has a large living room area, but is also connected directly to the room next door, via an in room door. The door connecting the two rooms doesn't fill the entire door frame, so for the early parts of the night ( and later when our neighbors returned and ordered 3am room service) we were able to CLEARLY hear the conversations next door. While I understand this is probably one of the busiest days of the year for them, but this seems like something that could be an issue no matter what time of the year.

The Ugly
I don't expect much, just what is advertised and anything other than that seems like icing on the cake. Part of the deal was an "Welcome Holiday Amenity". When we arrived, my wife pointed out that there was no sign of it. So my wife called down to the front desk to point out they may have forgotten (or not yet got) to us. Front desk told her that they would be by soon. An hour goes by and nothing. My wonderful wife, decides to call down again, juuuuusssttttt incase they were overwhelmed. The person she spoke to told her that the kitchen was busy with the NYE dinner seating and that they would get the amenity delivered to us later.

We left for our dinner reservation at Founding Farmers, and returned around 6, to .... nothing. Wife called back down to let the front desk know it still had not arrived. The gentleman told my wife that while it was New Years Eve, he would let the manager know. Long story short, eventually the manager showed up with a complimentary bottle of red and some delicious sea salt chocolates. This goes back to me believing that the service you receive here is genuine, and once a staff member is available, they will make sure it is right.

Big Finish
With that being said, I will return next New Years Eve. I would like to return in the Spring to experience an "off peak" day at the hotel, because the amenities, staff, and physical space was exceptional.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Two night stay just before New Year', celebrating Birthday. Though we frequently stay at Four seasons and Ritz properties , this was our first short vacation at the Park Hyatt. We chose to spend a quiet two days in DC, though we live just 20 minute drive outside downtown. The Washington Park Hyatt is truly amazing. Clean, comfortable, classy. Though an older property, the attitude ans service is unmatched. Every single staff member is courteous, kind and committed to service. is the level of courtesy and service. It reflects ts a corporate culture of excellence. Room service was prompt and professional. We had dinner at the Blue Duck Tavern. Excellent preparations and service. Delicious meal, unbelievable desserts too. Cannot ask for better. Will be back soon. Service in the restaurant was first rate .The level of courtesy and service in the hotel and the restaurant reflects a corporate culture of excellence and commitment.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear efroni,

Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. Your comments are most appreciated and will be shared with our team. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay-cation with us, at the both the hotel and Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Andrew Davidson

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!