“Treated like royalty!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“Treated like royalty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

From the minute my taxi arrived, the staff at the Hyatt took care of me right away. They were all very attentive. The room was modern, well lit, and super comfortable. The shower rain in the luxurious bathroom was a bonus. The fitness room was nice, clean, and had newer equipment. The pool area looked cleaned and inviting too. Good location near Georgetown. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear LorenasTravels,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of our hotel. It truly sounds like you had a terrific time staying with us and really enjoyed our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
corolla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We read the reviews prior to spending two nights at the Park Hyatt, but we were still pleasantly surprised by how good it was. The service was as good or better than the Ritz, Four Seasons, and other luxury hotels we've stayed at in the past. Everyone with whom we came in contact was professional, helpful, and friendly from the front desk, bell men, even the folks cleaning the pool. The concierge offered great suggestions and all of the little things were taken care of as promised...for example, we asked that our rooms be cleaned when we left for the morning and, unlike so many other hotels, it was done when we returned. We stayed in two premier park deluxe rooms, which were clean, functional, large,and well decorated. As others have noted, the TVs did not have HD, but that seems to be getting addressed soon.

We only have two complaints. First, our reservation, which was made through the platinum reservation line, failed to note that we needed to have our rooms attached because we were travelling with small children. I don't believe this was the hotel's fault, but as a result we were forced to choose between two smaller attached rooms or two larger, but unattached rooms. We took the larger, and supposedly quieter rooms, but that led us to our next complaint. One of the rooms (#401) backed up to the electrical room. Every so often, something would rumble and vibrate our pillows/bed waking us up. It's tough to get a good night's sleep when you are being constantly awakened so that issue detracted a bit from our experience.

Despite those issues, which could be easily avoided next time, our stay was wonderful. I would certainly choose the Park Hyatt again, but would make sure not to back up to an electrical closet.

Room Tip: Avoid room 401.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear brandy2425,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are once again, terribly sorry for the inconvenience with your connecting room and for the noise coming from the electrical unit. We strive every day to create a wonderful guest experience, so I apologize for this not being truly the case. Aside from these few opportunities, it does sound like overall, you enjoyed the hotel, especially the service you received from our team. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Their are many places in life that never live up to the hype, but the Park Hyatt in Washington D.Cc is the Real deal. I read a lot of reviews and I said that it could not be as good as people are making it seem ... IT WAS.

The customer service is nothing short of FIRST CLASS. EVERYONE.

Put it like this I am scheduled to go back to DC in a few weeks and I will be staying at the Park Hyatt again.

The only thing is they have made it hard on other hotels in my opinion because the Park Hyatt is DC will be my benchmark.

Two thumbs up.

PS - Ask for Ross ( The Concierge ) and tell him I sent you.

Room Tip: My room was in the Back so it was quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chad P,

Wow, thank you for your review and for making us your new hotel of choice when visiting the nation's capital! We are very fortunate to have a new advocate of our property. It's terrific that you have already made reservations to return again soon. I'll be sure to let Ross know, if he doesn't already :) We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for 5 nights for a non-traditional spring break getaway. I was hoping for a large, comfortable room to spend our downtime in comfort. What we got was so much more. The room was indeed very nice. Entry foyer that opened to the dining area. To the right was the legendary couch that sleeps a family of 7, and the guest half bath off the living room. The bedroom was very large, and the bathroom was almost the same size, with the unique tub/shower area, vanity and closet.

Cons of the room: No HD for the 42" Samsung LED TVs, sad to still see this in today's age. The bed, while comfortable, wasn't a pillow top, and the lightweight down comforter proved to be very, very warm. The vanity was only a single, despite there being plenty of room for a second sink. The ample counter space makes up for the lack of another sink. The mini fridge only had a small area for personal use. The bathroom door was actually a colossal sliding mirror, which made enough noise to be bothersome at 3am. Additionally, the light switch is located outside of said sliding mirror.

The service here was second to none. As good as any other property I've stayed at. The door men were all very friendly and helpful, even insisting that they open the front door for us. The concierge made us next-day reservations at Blue Duck Tavern, and gave suggestions for other nights. The front desk staff was on-par with expectations. Ice buckets and foam pillows (instead of the thin feather variety) were very quick to arrive at the room. Always, ALWAYS check to see if the house sedan is available to give you a ride. We loved that the black Mercedes had heated, massaging seats. It made us forget that traffic was so bad, and that we were running late!

Staying here during a Diamond Challenge meant that we received free breakfast. (Internet is free for all guests) $32 per person goes a long way in BDT, or via room service. We asked about applying it to brunch, instead of breakfast, and were told no. Reviewing the brunch menu, we didn't see anything we couldn't live without, so we didn't push the issue. Breakfast every morning was superb. Everything was beautifully prepared, and tasted even better. Bourbon maple syrup and vanilla whipped cream go well with just about anything. Coffee/cappuccino were delicious, and the orange juice was clearly very fresh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear maanfi24,

Thank you for your recent comments. As a valued Hyatt Diamond member, your feedback is very important to us. It is terrific to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, especially breakfast at Blue Duck Tavern and our brand new house sedan. It is snowing today, so I'm sure those heated seats have come in handy.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the opportunities you experienced in your guestroom. With regards to HD television, we are in the midst of upgrading our system and should have that up and running very soon.

We hope to see you again when visiting the nation's capital.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed at the DC Park for 3 days and was very satisfied with the service and quality of this hotel. I'll admit from the outside I was very unimpressed by the hotel it looked like a Hyatt Place and DC is a city full of great architecture but on the inside this hotel delivers an experience. I'm first going to talk about the great location of the hotel it is literally a 5 to 10 minute walk from almost every destination in the city. Not to mention when i didn't feel like walking it was less then $20 for every cab I took. This includes the Verizon Center, the train and bus station, and the White House. Go with anything but Parmount Cab's the 2 I took were miserable and not very helpful. At the Hyatt itself to yourself a favor and eat in at least once the Blue Duck and the lounge next it are wonderful. We had great service every single day except breakfast one day from a server with a scar on his face. Other then that I would rave about the staff Diego and Raphael are outstanding and are the best associate and manager I've encountered in any Hyatt I've ever stayed at. The cheese boards are amazingly presented and delicious and the cocktails are so unique and delicious. The setting is also gorgeous as everything is in glass it almost as an Andaz like feel. We even got to sit in one of the glass rooms while we ate and it really made me feel like I was a politician. The room itself was also very nice I loved the shower and bathroom and our house keeper was great. I will state the TV was in a very stupid location I couldn't even see it from my bed. It didn't really matter because I didn't watch TV. Also, the Georgetown location is great there was so many great restaurants and places to shop with in 2 blocks of the Hyatt. This is the best hotel to pick in DC you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Not much of a view of anything from any point from what I can see. We were on 10th floor and it was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Irish311,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a nice review of our property, including our restaurant Blue Duck Tavern. We truly appreciate your feedback that I will certainly share with our team. It sounds like you made the most of your visit to DC and got to do lots of sightseeing! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at Park Hyatt, Washington on my business trip. The location is simply fantastic, almost 5-10 mins from all important landmarks & business offices. The property also seemed new in terms of infrastructure or might have got renovated. Hence everything was fresh, the rooms were very well made up & spacious with very good amenities.
Front desk: I think the entire staff at the front desk, including the bell boys were perhaps one of the best that I would have met over so many properties. There hospitality, promptness, a 'yes attitude' were simply brilliant. They would 'awe' you whenever you would interact with any of them. They remembered smallest of the details & made us feel special.
Food: being a vegeterian, I didn't experienced much of there restaurants or food options, hence, can't comment on it.
Overall it's a amazing property with excellent location & amazing service. So u get worth of every buck spent here..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Ankit1911,

Thank you for visiting Park Hyatt Washington and for taking the time to share such a genuine review of our property. It sounds like you had very enjoyable stay with and was rather impressed with the quality of service by our front office team. I will be sure to pass along your positive feedback.

Should your travels bring you back to the nation's capital, we hope that you re-consider dining at our restaurant, Blue Duck Tavern. We offer a variety of vegan & vegetarian options that change seasonally.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We travel a lot and I have to say that this is one of THE FRIENDLIEST hotels I have ever seen! The staff bend over backwards to be helpful..they simply cannot do enough to make your stay a pleasant one! The front door (doormen) staff are superb! They are always available to help you find your way, point you in the right direction or hail a cab in mere seconds. They always welcome you back with a smile and a friendly word -- such a nice touch after a long day of sightseeing. The food in the restaurants is quite good but a tad pricy -- this is to be expected in a high end hotel. The rooms are very spacious, clean and very funky! The towels were the best part -- we LOVED how huge and cozy they were. We spent 5 days here during our kids' March Break and it really felt like "home". We were sad to leave. The concierge staff is very helpful as well. Ramona (front desk) is extremely lovely and we cannot say enough nice things about Jonathan (doorman/bellhop). He is an absolute doll!!
If you want a great hotel in a superb location (Foggy Bottom, so close to Georgetown) then stay here! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room that does not overlook the back. Our room must have overlooked an industr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear TO-ski-mom,

Thank you for visiting us during your kids' spring break. Too bad you were not able to see the famed cherry blossoms, but it sounds like a very enjoyable trip overall. We appreciate you taking the time to share such a wonderful review of our property, including the mentions of my colleagues Ramona and Jonathan. They will be very happy to read this! Please do come see us again.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!