“One of Washington's Very Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Walk from the Park
Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Glen Allen, VA
“One of Washington's Very Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Park Hyatt Washington DC is usually priced above my budget for visits into the city. However, the holiday season brought some acceptable rates,especially the AAA rate which included breakfast.

It would be hard to say anything new about this property that has not be stated in review after review. Outstanding service? Definitely. Spacious rooms? Definitely. Wonderful bathtub? Yes! And on and on.

This area is quiet at night, so that is good or not good depending on your lifestyle. Georgetown is a short walk down M Street f you want more restaurants, bars, and shopping.

Some have noted the truck sounds in the morning and I can confirm that. I was on the backside of the hotel and even on a Sunday morning I heard the beep-beep-beep's of trucks backing up. I would presume that the front of the hotel would be quieter since 24th is not busy at all in that block.

The very highly-regarded Blue Duck Tavern (restaurant) is in the Park Hyatt. (The current President and First Lady have dined there.) I recommend at least one dinner there.

If you're into tea, the hotel has an extensive list of specialty teas. (By the way, the Fairmont Hotel across the street has an excellent afternoon tea.)

Room Tip: The hotel has some special "clean" rooms if you have allergies and such (additional cost).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear donwest48,

Happy New Year! Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the holidays, and for sharing such a complimentary review of our property. We are pleased to read how much you enjoyed our property, including Blue Duck Tavern. We look forward to welcoming you back again when visiting the city!

Renee Eisman

778 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have recently returned from a 2 night stay over Christmas at The Park Hyatt DC & honestly, it's the most amazing hotel in Washington & one of the finest hotels in the United States! This stay was just as perfect as any Four Seasons I have ever stayed at- I'm a Huge Four Seasons fan & always will be, but Park Hyatt is an amazing brand & I really love the DC property in Foggy Bottom.

I arrived very late on Christmas night & was still very warmly welcomed by the bell/door team- the young gentlemen that welcomed me was so nice & Crystal, who checked me in, was very gracious & hit all the right notes! Everyone at the Front Desk was amazing- the Front Desk team is sharply dressed & incredibly friendly- every time I passed by, they greeted me warmly & always had a terrific disposition. James in particular was lovely & efficient! Eric in Guest Services was very kind & even on the overnight hours, was always friendly over the phone whenever I placed In Room Dining orders! The Bell/door team is incredible always holding doors open, offering assistance, providing umbrellas when it rained- great crew & very handsome & charming as well! James from In Room Dining was excellent- discreet, calm & very professional when delivering meals to my room. In short- everyone from all levels of the hotel was outstanding! They clearly understand service, which is amazing to experience in a hotel & the Park Hyatt DC does it flawlessly!

I had a Premier Park Room (# 912) & my room was really, really amazing!! I loved every aspect- the wood floor when you first enter, the phenomenal bed with super soft sheets, the complimentary bottled water by the bed, the little wooden box in my bathroom with toothpaste, Q-tips, a nail file, etc., the lovely scent from the Le Labo bath amenities, the lovely little jar of Bath Salts that were heaven, the clean lined, shaker style furniture, the superb bathroom design.....& so much more! it's such a beautiful, calming, room that I hardly left! it's Just that nice! My room was also quiet, with a silent A/C Heating unit that worked perfectly. The room was such an amazing design with a great swivel TV, amazing lighting,- really perfect! Even the hallways are nice! Prior to arrival, I was in contact with Amy at their Concierge Desk & requested to have a Park Hyatt Chocolate Box to be in my room prior to arrival- it was all arranged & the milk chocolate truffles flecked with Sea Salt were so delicious!- thanks Amy!!

I ordered In Room Dining multiple times & the overall presentation, service level, & quality of food is 100% amazing! Some of my favorite dishes are the Crab Cake, Fried Chicken, Iced Green Tea, amazing homemade ice cream, salads, everything was so good!!

The lobby is also stunning with lovely hardwood floors, sleek Apple laptops, & lovely art- everything & everyone is so subtle, modern, chic & stunning!

Thanks for such an amazing stay- it's one I will never forget & I look forward to returning very soon! Hands down, the best hotel in the city & an incredible property!!

Patrick Winkler

Room Tip: Request a Premier Park Room category for an amazing rainwater shower & lovely deep soaking tub.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear patrickwNewYork_NY,

Happy New Year! What an amazing way to start the year by reading your recent review of our property. I have already shared your wonderful comments with the rest of our team, including the front office members who you specifically refer to by name. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the nation's capital. In 2014, you will be able to enjoy a Park Hyatt in New York!

Renee Eisman
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Im a regular traveller to DC and this was my second visit to the Park Hyatt which will likely become my go-to in Washington. Love nearly everything about the place - beautiful and spacious rooms that are really well appointed. A truly wonderful staff - and I mean all of them - not just the reception crew, but the valet parking attendants, housekeepers, etc. all really go above and beyond to look after you. You can tell they genuinely care about their guests (I'd rate service levels as the best of all the 5 star properties in DC, including the Ritz and Four Seasons). The on-site restaurants are great (though the in- room dining menu could use some healthier fare). The whole place is very family friendly...they even set up an adorable crib for our baby with a Burt's bees amenities kit and a really cute teddy bear for him. My wife still hasn't stopped raving about it...

Frankly the only problem we encountered here is that on both visits we experienced really bad drama with the Internet service. It drops out every 2 minutes and even when it works its incredibly slow (think mid-90's dial-up modem). They use a third party provider who is AWFUL (ill spare the re-cap since I was assured that they were already in the process of changing them). But we had to spend 3 days using our iPhones to connect to the Internet...a sub-optimal situation which i cant repeat. I will be calling ahead before my next visit to DC to see if the Internet situation has been fixed, because when I'm here for business I need to know I can get online reliably. But seriously, other than that - this place is perfect.

• Stayed December 2012
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear RIPico,

Thank you for recent review of our property. While I am happy to read how much you enjoyed the hotel, especially our baby amenities, I would like to personally apologize for the challenges you experienced with our wi-fi. As you were told, we are currently in the process of changing vendors, so rest assure, that the next time you are here, you will connect smoothly. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family and hope to welcome you back again soon.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am so glad that I chose the Park Hyatt for our family trip to DC. Upon check-in, we were upgraded (without asking) from a park premiere to a park premiere with a view - The room is just lovely and so spacious, with views on two sides. Even with a roll-away bed for my 7-year old in the sitting area/living room, there is still a good amount of space to move around and be comfortable. The concierge sent up milk and cookies for my son when we arrived which was a lovely touch.

Everything about this hotel is gorgeous - The lobby, lounge, tea room, Blue Duck Tavern and the rooms themselves. The bathroom is massive and so luxurious, with a rain-style shower head, a gracious dressing room, lovely toiletries, etc. The bedroom is peaceful, has a nice ipod/iphone dock and tons of complimentary bottled water.

My son loves that part of the wall dividing the two rooms swivels 360 degrees so that you can watch the television either from bed or from the sitting room!

The location of this hotel can't be beat. Another nice plus is the complimentary sedan the hotel offers in the morning and evenings for drop-offs around town. We also loved the cider set up in a kettle over a flame just outside the tea parlor around 4 o'clock - A really nice touch.

The people have been totally solicitous and friendly, with a smile and helping hand wherever we have been. And our breakfasts in the Blue Duck Tavern are absolutely delicious. What a gorgeous space, too.

As far as I'm concerned, I will not be staying anywhere else on future trips to DC. The Park Hyatt has it all and we never want to go home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear CestMoiGab,

I am pleased to read such a wonderful review of our hotel and Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. It was certainly our pleasure to have you and your family as guests in the hotel and what a delight to see how much you enjoyed your stay. I, too am a big fan of our televisions and how they turn from the living area to bedroom. I will be sure to pass along your terrific comments with the rest of our staff. Happy Holidays and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the New Year!

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have chosen to stay at the Park Hyatt in DC and I must say that I am very happy with my choice. We decided to come to DC with my family and we chose the Park Hyatt for many reason like the convenient location (walking distance to the Monument Mall, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Embassy Row, etc.) We also made this hotel as our choice because the feeling of the hotel is very clean, sophisticated, great service, and beautiful rooms.

I would suggest this hotel to anyone who wants to have a complete different stay from what classic DC hotels are like but still have a luxurious experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with living room and big shower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear AlejandroAlcaraz,

Thank you for your lovely review of our property and for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the nation's capital. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your visit, from the refined, modern design of our interiors to the location of our hotel in the city. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the New Year.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the Park Hyatt on a business trip for a week in DC and it was a great experience. The customer service by all staff members was excellent. The room itself was amazing as always. Huge bathroom with large soaking tub and great rainfall shower next to it. The bed was comfy and it had a nice living area separate from the bedroom. The only negative mark I will give this hotel is regarding the wifi, it was very unreliable. Sometimes it wouldn't work at all and other times it did. Overall it was a great stay and I will be back next time I am in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Sneeker635,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to read how much you enjoyed your visit with us, especially with the design of your guestroom. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our Wi-Fi. We are in the process of switching vendors which will correct these unfortunate issues. Please do come stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a belated review from our stay in July 2012. Due to the El Derecho Storm, our house was without power for several days in 90 degree weather. Because we have pets, I had to make multiple calls to find a decent hotel that would admit us. The Park Hyatt Washington is pet-friendly, and due to the emergency, allowed us to keep both our cats with us in a Junior Suite. The staff could not have been more helpful, and the accomodations well-appointed. The was a small sitting area in addition to the bedroom, which looked newly renovated. The bathroom was very clean, and had a separate soaking tub with complimentary bath salts. During our stay, we swam in the indoor pool, which was lovely, and had breakfast in the main restaurant, which was excellent. Overall, a fantastic stay under less than ideal circumstances - hotel really helped us out of a tight spot .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Medidate,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so glad that we are able to accommodate you and your pets during the unfortunate weather conditions over the summer. We had many guests staying with us in the same situation and were happy to assist them as well. Please come see us again should you plan an in-town getaway.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!