“I am in love with this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Walk from the Park
Ranked #9 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
New York, NY
“I am in love with this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am so glad that I chose the Park Hyatt for our family trip to DC. Upon check-in, we were upgraded (without asking) from a park premiere to a park premiere with a view - The room is just lovely and so spacious, with views on two sides. Even with a roll-away bed for my 7-year old in the sitting area/living room, there is still a good amount of space to move around and be comfortable. The concierge sent up milk and cookies for my son when we arrived which was a lovely touch.

Everything about this hotel is gorgeous - The lobby, lounge, tea room, Blue Duck Tavern and the rooms themselves. The bathroom is massive and so luxurious, with a rain-style shower head, a gracious dressing room, lovely toiletries, etc. The bedroom is peaceful, has a nice ipod/iphone dock and tons of complimentary bottled water.

My son loves that part of the wall dividing the two rooms swivels 360 degrees so that you can watch the television either from bed or from the sitting room!

The location of this hotel can't be beat. Another nice plus is the complimentary sedan the hotel offers in the morning and evenings for drop-offs around town. We also loved the cider set up in a kettle over a flame just outside the tea parlor around 4 o'clock - A really nice touch.

The people have been totally solicitous and friendly, with a smile and helping hand wherever we have been. And our breakfasts in the Blue Duck Tavern are absolutely delicious. What a gorgeous space, too.

As far as I'm concerned, I will not be staying anywhere else on future trips to DC. The Park Hyatt has it all and we never want to go home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear CestMoiGab,

I am pleased to read such a wonderful review of our hotel and Blue Duck Tavern restaurant. It was certainly our pleasure to have you and your family as guests in the hotel and what a delight to see how much you enjoyed your stay. I, too am a big fan of our televisions and how they turn from the living area to bedroom. I will be sure to pass along your terrific comments with the rest of our staff. Happy Holidays and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the New Year!

789 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have chosen to stay at the Park Hyatt in DC and I must say that I am very happy with my choice. We decided to come to DC with my family and we chose the Park Hyatt for many reason like the convenient location (walking distance to the Monument Mall, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Embassy Row, etc.) We also made this hotel as our choice because the feeling of the hotel is very clean, sophisticated, great service, and beautiful rooms.

I would suggest this hotel to anyone who wants to have a complete different stay from what classic DC hotels are like but still have a luxurious experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with living room and big shower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear AlejandroAlcaraz,

Thank you for your lovely review of our property and for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to the nation's capital. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your visit, from the refined, modern design of our interiors to the location of our hotel in the city. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the New Year.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the Park Hyatt on a business trip for a week in DC and it was a great experience. The customer service by all staff members was excellent. The room itself was amazing as always. Huge bathroom with large soaking tub and great rainfall shower next to it. The bed was comfy and it had a nice living area separate from the bedroom. The only negative mark I will give this hotel is regarding the wifi, it was very unreliable. Sometimes it wouldn't work at all and other times it did. Overall it was a great stay and I will be back next time I am in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Sneeker635,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to read how much you enjoyed your visit with us, especially with the design of your guestroom. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our Wi-Fi. We are in the process of switching vendors which will correct these unfortunate issues. Please do come stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a belated review from our stay in July 2012. Due to the El Derecho Storm, our house was without power for several days in 90 degree weather. Because we have pets, I had to make multiple calls to find a decent hotel that would admit us. The Park Hyatt Washington is pet-friendly, and due to the emergency, allowed us to keep both our cats with us in a Junior Suite. The staff could not have been more helpful, and the accomodations well-appointed. The was a small sitting area in addition to the bedroom, which looked newly renovated. The bathroom was very clean, and had a separate soaking tub with complimentary bath salts. During our stay, we swam in the indoor pool, which was lovely, and had breakfast in the main restaurant, which was excellent. Overall, a fantastic stay under less than ideal circumstances - hotel really helped us out of a tight spot .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Medidate,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am so glad that we are able to accommodate you and your pets during the unfortunate weather conditions over the summer. We had many guests staying with us in the same situation and were happy to assist them as well. Please come see us again should you plan an in-town getaway.

Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed in this property a few times in the past 3 years and it has been always a delight in my DC trips but recently I was looking forward to the same level of comfort, service and experience and did not get one, very troubling and disappointing.

First, the smell - they removed it, no signature aroma in the hotel, shampoo, shower gel... It really was a signature and one of the reasons why I chose this Hyatt to the next door Ritz Carlton.

Second, the suite - I was upgraded and I thought it would be great, but the quality of the room , its design and no views from the windows made me return this treat and claim my favorite deluxe room with rain shower etc. Why would you want to put people in suites that are worse off from the standard room (if you don't count the number of toilets in your room, of course).

Food though, especially the breakfast became even better - very tasty and impressive entries, loved it!

To sum up, i really saw the step down from the level of service and comfort the hotel provided before and i hope that this is just a temporarily inconvenience for the Park Hyatt guests.

Room Tip: Avoid suites, they are not better but worse than deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dmitryvulkan,

Thank you for returning to Park Hyatt Washington and for your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional stay for our guests, but clearly we fell short during you recent visit. Over 2 years ago we changed our in-room amenities to Le Labo, so please accept our apologies for no longer providing the scent you came to enjoy. I have shared your comments with our team for review. We do hope to welcome you back again to the Premier Park Deluxe room that you prefer.

New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

What I expect from a luxury hotel. Our suite was large, spacious, and capable of holding twenty guests for cocktails. Dual deluxe robo mini bars. You touch it you bought it. No refrigerator for personal use. Water, meds, wine. Room service for ice. Calm, cool, collected, professional staff directly from a Men In Black fashion show. Staff would not point and grunt to the business office - they personally walked there and made sure we had what we needed although a cup of coffee would have been nice. I use CPAP machine for sleep apnea. Spent 10 minutes crawling around bed looking for an outlet. Was about to start moving furniture to see behind the bed when I was able to tug free an extension cord from behind the headboard. Between M and I - two laptops, 2 iPads, one nook, and 2 mobile phones. Nowhere near enough outlets. Fortunately I carry my own power bar. Wifi not very good around rooms 326/328. Separate office area, living, dining and bedroom. Nicely decorated. Furniture in good shape although table a little worn. Bathroom large enough that there was a phone to call for help if you got lost. Double sink. Separate shower and tub in a combined area. All tiled so that you could splash about to your heart's content. Really liked temperature controls for shower and tub. You set temperature (I used about 33 C - 37 is body temp - and yes it is metric) on one dial then turn water on for all spigots and faucets in tub area. Perfect temperature every time. Oh yeah. Nice half bath by the entry door.

One VERY bothersome point. I take a number of medications and typically lay them out in a very specific order in a specific place. After housekeeping had been through all my meds were re-arranged and moved from where I had put them. A little OCD but never touch my meds.

Three very important things. Get a reservation at the Blue Duck Tavern at least a week or two before you arrive. Ask for a seat by the kitchen. Get a room as high up and as far from M street as possible. A lot of traffic noise and sirens from the fire station down the street. And finally, bring lots of small bills.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while at a conference. Stands as the most expensive hotel I have ever stayed at so I was curious to see how it would stack up. Certainly visually appealing and always 2 doormen opening doors. The hotel restaurant was excellent and is one of Washington's best eateries. The room looked great and was very spacious. I really liked the bathroom with the rain shower.
But... One of the phones didn't work in the room and was never successfully fixed. The was a big white box beside the bed which may have been a radio??? No instructions or signs of life from that. Plus no greetings as I came or left hotel.
I hope that is not related to solo female traveller . Just seemed big and impersonal.

When arriving at Toronto Shangri-la hotel, I was greeted and escorted to my room and had the amenities explained to me which would have gone a long way to making this park Hyatt seem more approachable. Otherwise I just couldn't see what all the extra money was for.
Location was great, Washington was super, so I'll be back to DC but not likely the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!