“Nice and modern” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save Up to 15%
Ranked #6 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Paris, France
“Nice and modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The main tourist attractions are a few bus stops away. The service was friendly and helpful. There is not much choice for breakfast ; but what they had was good enough for the morning! Would surely stay in there again next time.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Parker, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Park Hyatt in Washington DC lives up to the high-end hotel expectations of this top Hyatt brand. This hotel is ideally located at the on the quiet area of D.C. and just a couple of blocks from Georgetown. I have stayed here several times in the last couple of years and it has quickly become one of my favorite hotels in the entire country. The service is everything you’d expect from any other high-end hotel - I’m always particularly impressed by the staff members who remember me by name – the bartender Charles even remembered my drink of choice! Mustafa at the entrance is another star at the Park Hyatt and always makes feel welcome and appreciated. The rooms are incredibly comfortable, clean, quiet, and the showers are amazing! I’m also a big fan of the modern cube-shaped radio that plays my music and charges my iPhone at the same time all while producing great sound. For any runners out there…just take M Street a few blocks over to the running path along the Potomac, which takes you directly to the Lincoln Memorial. Keep running out the Washington monument and finally out to the Congress and back. You’ll quickly log in 5-7 miles in under one hour. The best part is that the front desk attendants will welcome you back with VERY cold bottle of water. My only complaint is that the flat-panel TVs are not in HD yet, but it's my understanding that the upgrade is already underway.Great home away from home!

Room Tip: I definitely suggest getting a room on the M or 24th Street sides.Unless you open you windows traffi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Luis T,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our property. I am pleased to read that we're one of your favorites in the country and that you enjoy everything our Hotel has to offer. You really are a great advocate of our property and seem to know all the ins and outs of the area - thank you for the running map details! I've shared your comments with the team and we are all absolutely delighted to be your "home away from home". We hope that you will come back to Park Hyatt Washington again soon!

Best,
Renee Sharrow
Director of Public Relations
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's been some time since my last visit here and I must say this place is like fine wine, it keeps gettng better with time. Once again checked in and the room was ready early. I was thoroughly impressed that the bellman remembered my name since my last visit which was well over a year ago. The rooms are spacious, the bed is deadly.....I could be buried in it at my funeral. The upgraded Park Suite with the deep jacuzzi tub is truly worth it for alittle quality time filled with games and pleasures for 2....there is plenty of space for you both to stretch out and enjoy cuddling in there together. Breakfast served by room service the next morning was right on time, actually a few min early but awesome. I truly recomment this place to anyone just looking for a relaxing night or two with the one you love or just a solo staycation to get away from the daily everyday grind of life.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrjid1301,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our property! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit, from your spacious Park Suite with the soaking tub to the luxury service, including In Room Dining and our wonderful Bell staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another getaway!

Best,
Renee Sharrow
Director of Public Relations
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We were in a suite and found it to be wonderfully comfortable with all the amenities. We particularly enjoyed the luxurious shower and bathtub, as well as the comfortable bed.

The food at the hotel is excellent - even room service! We loved dining in their renowned restaurant but were quite impressed by the quality of the food for our in-room dining, as well. That can often be disappointing but it was absolutely wonderful here.

The service was terrific and very personable throughout the hotel. From the doormen to the waiters to the housekeepers and beyond, everyone was very professional and pleasant.

Our only complaint is that the room felt a bit warm at night when we were trying to sleep, despite the fact that we adjusted the air conditioning. Somehow, the circulation in the room wasn't ideal. Other than that, however, our stay was perfect and we will happily return there in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Melody5,

Thank you for posting such a kind review of our property. I appreciate your praise for the In Room Dining quality, the room appointments and amenities, and most importantly the service throughout the Hotel. I will let our staff know how much you enjoyed your visit to Washington. We hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt again soon.

Regards,
Andrew Davidson
Owings Mills, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

All of the staff members of this top-notch hotel are extremely accommodating and courteous! Overall, the hotel is very upscale and wonderful place to stay; and a perfect place to have functions such as my daughter's recent wedding. In particular, both Mr. Ernie Arias, Director of Sales & Marketing; Mr. Michael Deltette, Director of Special Events, were not only very professional, but also helpful with respect to making the wedding a memorable event. Michael was on duty during the wedding, and made sure every least detail with carried out with great precision. Mr. Sebastien Archambault, Executive Chef; and Peter Brett, PH’s outstanding Pastry Chef, prepared a very delicious dinner that was enjoyed by the more than 200 people in attendance. The brunch the following morning was also very excellent, and featured homemade granola made by the Park Hyatt chefs. Plentiful and tasty food was served during the brunch. What is more, the guest rooms were very clean and well stocked with fresh towels, shampoos, body gel, etc. All in all, this hotel is a great place to have an important function such as wedding, etc...or to get away from everything for a few days to relax!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear geogjog,

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! Thank you for sharing an outstanding review of our Hotel. I am delighted to read that our team created a unique and memorable experience for such a special occassion. We truly appreciate your kind feedback regarding our rooms, cuisine, and service. I will be sure to share your accolades with the team and in particular those you mentioned. Thank you again for choosing Park Hyatt Washington and for sharing your review, I hope to welcome you back as our guest soon.

Regards,
Andrew Davidson
Tallinn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed during a conference, room was paid by the host. Very friendly, personal welcome. The room was extremely comfortable, quiet, very good blinds. Excellent location, close to amenities, underground, easy access to tourist sights, DuPont circle. Modest gym. They can provide all kinds of extra equipment for free - from coffee machine to fridge (did not try the latter). If you ask for something, they will act very fast. A few minor faults that you can forgive. At check-in they asked which newspaper I would like, but did not bring any on first morning. The housekeeping seemed a little bit abstent-minded. The breakfast too expensive for my budget. But overall - one of the best hotels where I have stayed, very natural, comfortable, but classy feel. If you can afford - recommend highly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear JOI_9,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of our property. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed our property, including our location. As you experienced, we are central to public transportation, along with shopping, dining and culture. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I recently visited DC for our 30th anniversary and stayed at the Park Hyatt. I chose the Park Hyatt because of the many favourable comments posted on Tripadvisor and I must admit they were bang on. The Park Hyatt staff understand what customer service is all about ... whether it was the front desk, concierge, bell men, housekeeping or the restaurant ... the service was excellent. The friendly staff made you feel welcome and they treated us as valued customers. As a nice touch, the front office manager sent us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. We were particularly impressed with the concierge who would greet us by name as we walked through the lobby.

We stayed in a Premier Deluxe king room and it was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The bathroom (with its rainwater shower) was very impressive. Our room was located away from the main street so it was very quiet. The hotel has a fitness club and an indoor swimming pool. My wife used the pool a couple times and it seemed like her "private" swimming pool as it didn't seem to be heavily used by other customers.

The hotel's restaurant (Blue Duck Tavern) is very nice. As part of our package, we had a daily complimentary breakfast at the restaurant and it was a great way to start the day. We also ate dinner at the Blue Duck one evening and the food and service was excellent.

The hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood near Georgetown and is close to shops, etc. We did a lot of walking in Washington but did take advantage of the complimentary sedan that the hotel offers.

The Park Hyatt is a 5 star hotel so it is a little expensive, however, it's good value for your money and was a great "treat" for our vacation. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jmk9999,

First, congratulations on your 30th anniversary! Thank you for letting us be your hosts on your special occasion and for sharing such a wonderful review of our property! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your visit, from your spacious Premier Park Deluxe room to our celebrated Blue Duck Tavern restaurant to the luxury service from all our wonderful staff. I hope your anniversary was the most memorable one yet. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again!