“The ultimate in service, luxury & location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #7 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
“The ultimate in service, luxury & location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I cannot remember my last hotel experience even if it was great where EVERY single member of the staff was so stellar. I felt like they made a remark next to our name that we were really royalty & should be treated as such. They brought the term concierge to a whole new level. Not only is the location perfectly situated so it's walking distance to Georgetown restaurants, etc. but the design of the hotel is so comfortable and well done that u really don't want to leave (and being that it was 105 degrees, we stayed in more than usual). We had a fabulous room that had a dividing wall that shared a rotating T.V. so for kids it gives the perfect separation and space & the storage in the room is amazing so you aren't falling all over everything & each other. The design is contemporary but just clean and spa like (more like what u expect from a Four Seasons than a typical Hyatt) but I can tell you I am now a converted Hyatt lover and although this is the top of their brand, there is no way that this top notch service doesnt trickle down even if the level of luxury isn't there at other Hyatts. Due to my great stay at the D.c. ark Hyatt, i changed my reservation in Boston for the end of the month to the newly renovated "regular" Hyatt in Cambridge. The restaurant at the Park Hyatt is FABULOUS and I would HIGHLY recommend getting a package with breakfast included as it is WELL worth it! The whole smell and understated cool elegance of the hotel is more spa-like than hotel like so you are just always happy wherever you are there and relaxed. There is a great vibe (very similar to the Santa Monica Fairmont -another favorite) and I cannot say enough about how great everything was during our stay. Thank you to all of the wonderful staff! you ALL truly outdid yourselves for us and I will recommend your hotel to anyone going to D.C. Absolutely ZERO complaints!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear maddjosh,

Thank you for posting such a shining review of our property! I am thrilled to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, including the service provided by our team. I also want to thank you for now making Hyatt your hotel brand of choice when traveling. We certainly look forward to welcoming you throughout your future visits, including Boston.

Director of Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my second stay at the Park Hyatt in DC and it was even better than the first. I have been to DC several times and this is by far the best place I have stayed. I don't get to travel much, but when I do I want to stay in a hotel with wonderful service, amenties, and accomodations - and this hotel fit the bill once again in every way. I spent at least half of my visit at the hotel because I didn't want to leave! The top reasons to stay at this hotel are:
1. Great Location - quieter neighborhood than if you were to stay downtown and close (5-10 minute walk to Metro station). Also felt like a safe neighborhood and the hotel felt extremely secure - important factors when you are a female traveling and staying at a hotel alone.
2. Amazing Rooms- While the size (618 sq feet) and views from the room were excellent, the bed and the bathroom are the highlights of the accomodations at the Park Hyatt. I am still dreaming of the bed and linens! I have never stayed at a hotel (or in my home or anyone elses!) with a bed and linens so comfortable. The bathrooms are huge, modern, and beautifully appointed. The soaking tub and rain shower were worth the cost of the room alone. I also appreciated the complimentary use of robes and slippers in the rooms and the free bottled water (a rarity esp. among luxury hotels). The rooms were also dark and quiet (this is a very quiet hotel to stay in), which I greatly appreciated as I was on vacation and wanted an elegant, luxurious hotel to relax in. My room was starting to show I bit of use (cracked marble bath countertop, scuffs on the wall and on furishings), but it didn't bother me or affect the excellence of my stay - just something I noticed.
3. SUPERB service - This hotel lives up to the service of the Park Hyatt brand. I was impressed with every staff member - from the bellman to housekeeping to room service. They held open the door for me every time I entered and exited the hotel and always greeted me and asked how I was. The staff seemed genuinely interested in how you were and making my stay the best that it could be. Staff was punctual in taking care of all requests, professional, and kept the hotel running smoothly (front desk) and immaculate (the pool area). I requested extra pillows and towels in my room and they were delivered to my room shortly after my arrival. I was especially impressed at check-out when the bellman brought it to the attention of the desk staff that I was being kept waiting (for less than 1 minute, but clearly this is not seen as acceptable service in this hotel) and insisted that I be helped immediately. He also retreived a bottle of ice-cold water for me so that I could have it as I left the hotel and walked with my suitcase to the metro and made sure I knew how to get there.
4. Room Service/Restaurant - FABULOUS FOOD and DRINK - The Blue Duck Tavern and Lounge and the Tea Cellar are reason enough to stay in this hote. I am somewhat of a foodie and definitely a tea buff, which are both reasons I chose this hotel. The tea selection is fantastic and wide-ranging in choices and price. The restaurant and lounge serve local and artisinal dishes, and while they are expensive, were worth the price in my opinion for a special occasion. It is worth it to get the breakfast package with your room to have breakfast in the hotel each morning - the wood-fired pecan sticky buns are to die for. The service at the restaurant was excellent and easily accomodated the fact that I was dining alone (this has been frowned up at some restaurants I have stayed in). The check was automatically taken care of for breakfast (as it was part of my room package) and room service (no need to sign the check even) which were just little extra amenities that I appreciated. Room service was even better - I ordered dinner two nights this way. Guest services answered the phone promptly to take my order, were gracious and accomodating, repeated back my order to verify it (which I really apprectiated), arrived in 20 minutes or less (even though I was told it might be 45), was correct, and was delivered by helpful and friendly staff. Only thing I wish is that the room service menu had a few more options, particularly in the tea and dessert categories.
4. Amenities - I love to swim, but rarely get to do so, so I partly stayed at this hotel as it has a pool and whirlpool. The pool area is nice, well-kept and always with enough towels (I have stayed at WAY too many hotels where I get out of the pool only to find there are no clean towels and the dirty ones are strewn all over the place - absolutely not the case at the Park Hyatt). The pool is large (good enough for an hour of lap-swimming each day and for a quite a few people in it), a good temperature (not too warm or cold), and has a lovely sky-light to look up through as you swim. I also enjoyed the whirlpool, but had a few issues with it, as I did the last time I stayed. The whirlpool was making lots of noise and the temperature did not seem hot enough for me (I do like it pretty hot though...). A maintenance person was there looking at it on occasion, but it didn't seem any better the next time I tried it. My biggest issue with the whirlpool was the seating and surface on the inside - incredibly rough and scratchy - I was afraid to sit on it for fear my swimsuit would be damaged or my skin given a sandpaper treatment. A new whirlpool might be nice - and an improved ambience in the whirlpool would be good too. This was really a minor thing, and really one of the few improvements I could think of for this hotel.
The pool area and fitness area are both complimentary with your stay - which I appreciate given that nothing seems free these days. Similarly I loved the complimentary amenities of the room - a daily newspaper of your choice delivered to your room each day, free bottled water, nail file and q-tips among other amenities in the bathroom, and complimentary coffee and tea outside of the restaurant each morning. It's the little things that make a great stay extraodinary!
I would highly recommend this hotel - while a more expensive option, it was worth every penny to receive the service and accomodations I did. Awesome trip!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a city view; avoid rooms on the third floor - they might get more traffic as...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed while apartment hunting in DC. The hotel was great and top notch. Breakfast was super packed inside everyday because of the heat wave, but service was great and the staff was pleasant all the time. Not to mention the hotel was down right beautiful.

• Stayed July 2012
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked the Park Hyatt after reading all the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. We weren’t disappointed, this hotel was near flawless!

I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels, and the Park Hyatt is up there with the best. We stayed for three nights in July.

Service was excellent – everyone from the doorman to reception to concierge to housekeeping were friendly and helpful.

When we arrived we were presented with ice cold bottles of water – as the weather was over 100 F, this was very much appreciated (bottled water was also provided in the room daily). A lovely man then showed us to our room and demonstrated to us how everything worked. This was so helpful as the room had many mod-cons.

We were so grateful to be given a free upgrade for our wedding anniversary. We were given a suite with a separate bedroom and living area. The tv swivelled around so you could watch it from the living room or bedroom.

The room was so spacious and the bathroom was heaven – big open shower, lots of storage and bench space, excellent toiletries. The big bath was also amazing after a long day exploring the city (bath salts are a lovely touch).

When we asked housekeeping for a fridge, we thought it could be a long shot, but it was delivered promptly! This meant we could store drinks and snacks to enjoy after a day out.

The room was extremely clean with high quality linen and towels. The king sized bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly quiet and dark (7th floor, not facing the street).

The gym was excellent and had a great range of cardio and weight equipment. There were also towels, headphones, newspapers and bottles of water. Everything you could need!

The pool area looked terrific too.

Location was fine for exploring the city – the metro (train) at Foggy Bottom was about 5-10 minutes walk from the hotel. It was about 10 minutes on the train to Smithsonians. There were pharmacies (CVS/Walgreens) and some takeaway food options close to the hotel.

A great feature of the hotel was the free bikes. It was an easy ride down to The Mall and an excellent way to explore monuments etc.

A word of warning, when you look up “Park Hyatt Washington” on Google Maps it takes you to the “Grand Hyatt” which is closer to The Mall area. We were very confused when we tried to get around initially! I’m not sure if this is just me though.

We’d love to stay at Park Hyatt Washington again and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our room was on a higher floor and quiet although the street wasn't overly busy so even lower fl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kath81,

Thank you for staying with us to celebrate your anniversary! I am happy to read that we made your special day memorable - from your room upgrade to the bottled water to our Bicycle Valet Program. It sounds like you were really were able to explore the city and take advantage of the many things to do around the National Mall. Should your travels bring you back to the nation's capital, we hope you to welcome you again.

Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

With many different options in DC the Park Hyatt is a good choice. The location is great being near both DuPont Circle and Georgetown and not far from K Street and the museums. The decor is modern and fresh and the room was designed well with a spacious bathroom and living area. Service was good but not great but overall the hotel exceeded my expectations. Also the Park Hyatt is a good value compared to the Ritz or Four Seasons in Georgetown. I liked this hotel and would return.

Room Tip: The Jr. Suites are very nice and spacious
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear VoxVolpe,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you selecting Park Hyatt Washington as your hotel choice in the nation's capital. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our location and modern decor. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

langhorne, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just returned from a quick 2 night stay at The Park Hyatt Washington over July 4th. From the moment of arrival out front to check out everything was top notch. Every staff person was outstanding and incredibly accomodating. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are well stocked with complimentary bottled water and plentiful and luxurious toiletries. The toiletries were restocked even though hardly used. This is a pet peeve of mine at so many hotels. Our last experience with the Hyatt brand was at the Andaz 5th Avenue in NYC and was an awful experience. The Park Hyatt Washington has restored our faith in the Hyatt brand. We usually stay closer to the Dupont Circle area which is more convenient to our son's apt but we will probably return to the Park Hyatt instead.
We had breakfast included in our plan and the restaurant staff, especially the manager, was so nice and accomodating. We will try it for dinner on our next visit.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the hotel on 24th street and although on a higher floor we still heard q...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear tammilip,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review of our property. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit with us and how wonderful you were treated by our staff. I will be sure to pass along your valued feedback and will let the team know how they helped "restore your faith in Hyatt." We hope to welcome you back during your next visit with your son.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

A wonderful hotel that is hard to fault. Lovely location in Washington, central but on a quiet road, ensuring quiet nights away from traffic! Despite being a big hotel the staff aim to give you a personalised and unique stay! Staff are ALL very friendly, helpful and knowledgable, nothing is too much trouble for them. The decor throughout the hotel is lovely, of a high standard and well maintained. Anyone else out there that likes to use the gym.... The gym is a very good size for the size of hotel and well equiped. The bar is very good and serves a varied selection of drinks and snacks. If there was only one thing I would warn of it is that the hotel resteraunt is fantastic and is one of the most acclaimed resteraunts in Washington. Naturally, this comes at a price. If you want something a little more relaxed to eat then you are not far away from Georgetown with plenty to offer including lots of brilliant resteraunts both expensive and inexpensive.

Room Tip: We had a room on the front of the hotel overlooking the road but as it is a quiet road at night it w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Georgina K,

Thank you sharing your recent experience at Park Hyatt Washington. We appreciate your generous comments and value your feedback of our staff. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay, from the service to the decor to our fitness facilities. Should your travels bring you back to the nation's capital, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!