“My favourite hotel in DC so far” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Washington

You added Park Hyatt Washington to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Washington
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 24th Street NW, (at the intersection of 24th & M Streets NW), Washington DC, DC 20037 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #8 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
London
“My favourite hotel in DC so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have tried about 7 or 8 different hotels in DC, and the Park Hyatt is the best. Elegant, serene, understated. And incredible professional service. The door staff were particularly good - incredibly polite and extremely attentive. The restaurant were able to accomodate me at short notice even though they must have dreaded the thought of a single female. Very little to find fault. As other reviews have mentioned, the sound proofing could be a bit better, and possibly the addition of extra free weights in the fitness centre.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, General Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Princess_Denise,

Thank you for naming Park Hyatt Washington your favorite hotel in Washington, D.C. We strive to provide our guests with the best customer service and are pleased to read how attentive our door staff was throughout your visit. It is these small touches that leave a lasting impression. We appreciate your feedback and will be certain to share these comments with our entire team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Best regards,
Andrew Davidson
General Manager, Park Hyatt Washington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rye Brook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel from our flight into Reagan-National, we arrived well before the normal check in time. The front desk clerk was friendly and very professional, and even had our room ready for us to go up to, with our bags already being sent up by the bellman.
When we arrived in the room, the rollout bed I requested was waiting in the room along with sugar cookies I requested from the hotel's fantastic restaurant, the Blue Duck Tavern, which were given complimentary to us. The bed in the room was very comfortable except for the rollaway bed which I could feel every spring inside.
Since I had booked a parlor suite the room had 1.5 bathrooms, useful for our son who was traveling with us. The bathroom was very modern with a nice rainshower shower and a large soaking tub with bath salts. Extra amenities like free bottled water and designer toiletries from Soho in NYC were a nice touch.
The room is furnished very simplistically with the bare minimum of furniture. My only gripe with this minimalist theme was the lack of outlets for plugging in electronics, especially at the work desk in the living room.
Probably the greatest feature about this hotel is it's restaurant the Blue Duck Tavern. This restaurant is probably one of the most creative dining establishments in the country, on par with blue hill in NYC. There was a reason I specifically requested the sugar cookies for my arrival, it's because their pastry chef is extremely talented. The restaurant itself is a real power scene at lunch time with congressmen and senators having lunches with their staff or lobbyists. One evening, I ordered room service and it was just as good as eating downstairs as the waitstaff that came up to our room even set up the dining table like in the restaurant instead of leaving a cart juggle plates on.
One really great deal is the AAA breakfast rate which gives you breakfast for two adults in the lounge downstairs (which shares the same kitchen as the blue duck tavern). I even saw some very notable people at breakfast some mornings, specifically someone who was very high ranking in the Obama administration but moved back to Illinois for a better job in the past year.
Overall this hotel is a truly fine establishment that will cater to your every need, and should not be overlooked if one needs a place to stay in DC.

Room Tip: None of the rooms really have a view, so there is no need to pay extra for a room looking out at th...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Wonderful experience, amazing spacious room.

Mosre importantly, the Hyatt hospitality experience is world leading and this hotel very much plants the stick in the mud

Ross (Duty Manager) was excellent and very helpful

One small niggle, sound proofing between some rooms is not brilliant. Make sure you request a quiet room away from the street

Looking forward to coming back for more

Room Tip: away from the street and in a quiet part of building
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Madush,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Washington! We value your feedback and will be sure to share your lovely comments with our team. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice in Washington. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The Park Hyatt is my go to for a quick getaway from Philadelphia and the staff continues to make each experience memorable. The attention to detail is excellent and the entire team goes out of their way to attend to ever need. Very special thanks to Shane and Amy! I look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

The Park Hyatt Washington, DC is a beautiful hotel in a great neighborhood, so why such low ratings? Well, when a hotel offers a "special" family rate, as Park Hyatt does, you expect that they're prepared to accommodate the basic needs of families. Though we've stayed at other Hyatt hotels where families are welcomed and pampered, this hotel failed over and over at meeting even our most basic needs.

The issues and oversights started with the misinformation at check-in that our rooms included continental breakfast for two (there were three of us), though they decided on our third day that full breakfast was included with our rooms. On the evening that we checked in, it was relatively late and we were very tired having traveled all day, so we ordered in-room dining. The bill was $157.00 for a cheeseburger, child's portion of pasta(with butter only) and one adult entree. At breakfast the next morning, my 10-year old son was served orange juice in a cracked glass that shattered into small shards when he went to take his first sip. That night after a long, tiring day of sightseeing, we enjoyed the pool and then went down to the dining room to be told that the highly sought after, Blue Duck Tavern, was full for the remainder of the night and would not be able to offer us a table. They made no effort to help us find another alternative for dinner other then to seat us in the lounge which offered a short menu of appetizers (no entrees available) and a children's menu - so my boys ate dinner and I had a small-portioned, over-priced appetizer.

On our third night, we had made reservations for dinner at the Blue Duck Tavern. My boys were so excited to be the only children in the upscale, open kitchen setting and enjoyed their entrees. My 9-year old son ordered the "straight from the oven" chocolate cake which was brought to the table literally "from the oven" in the small metal pan in which it was cooked. It was placed in front of him with a small spoon in the pan and when we went to grab the spoon, he touched the side of his hand against the pan. The heat of the pan was so intense that it caused a second degree burn that quickly caused a large, painful blister despite the ice and burn remedy spray offered by the hotel staff.

To finish our stay off on a truly sour note, the restaurant proceeded to charge us for the dessert! When I pointed out that we had been charged for the dessert, the hotel manager apologized but did nothing. He later called our room at 10:12pm awakening my boys to offer us breakfast the next morning. When I pointed out that breakfast was included with our room, he offered us dessert to which my son responded, "so I can burn my hand again, no thank you."

If you want an upscale, comfortable stay for a family vacation in Washington, DC, look elsewhere and don't be fooled by anything sold as "special".

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear BJ C,

Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Washington. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to continually improve our service, and to ultimately provide a wonderful experience to our guests. Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies for the many opportunities you experienced during your visit. Your comments are very important to us and have been shared with our Rooms and Food & Beverage departments for further investigation.

We invite you to contact our General Manager, Andrew Davidson, at Andrew.Davidson@hyatt.com, to further discuss the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to better serve you in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Washington.

Oklahoma!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I've stayed here three or four times in the last few years. It is a nice, modern hotel with good knowledgeable staff. Some of the rooms are bigger than others. If you can get an upgrade, do it...it's worth it. The gym is nice as is the lobby bar.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgraded room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is my second time in past one year and it just gets better every time. I have stayed at my share of fine hotels around the world but I always look forward to staying at the Park Hyatt in D.C. I used to stay at the Fairmont (excellent choice) across the street but after giving Park Hyatt a try I am glad I did. Special thanks to manager Robert Atchison for going out of the way to address my needs and his wonderful staff. The standard rooms are pretty good size for D.C. and simplicity and modern concept makes this hotel interior fabulous. Be sure to grab a bite at the Blue Duck Tavern because everything I had on their menu is absolutely delicious. When you're not dining at the hotel just walk 10 minutes to Georgetown for great scenery and shopping. Thank you Park Hyatt and will be back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Fairmont is a good start and paying little more for Park Suite is an excellent choice i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ParkHyattDC, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear sleeplessinseoul,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Washington. We very much enjoy reading all of your wonderful comments and appreciate you choosing us as your preferred in the nation's capital. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Park Hyatt Washington? Share your experiences!