“Excellent choice for a relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #25 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent choice for a relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2005

Excellent location although not in downtown. It is close to a metro station (1 from Dupont Circle) and has a fantastic pool and gardens, which is a good relaxing choice for late afternoons. The staff is very helpful and cheerful. I would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2005

I stayed here as part of an area conference. The check in was quite smooth; the man who checked me in told me to have a "magical day." Nearly all the hotel staff greeted me with a smile and/or salutation.

The room was a good size for a solo business traveler; might have been tight for more guests. The bathroom was recently redone and sparkled. I was surprised to not have a desk, especially in today's laptop world. My other one room complaint was the constant dampness around the A/C ... no fun to go barefoot.

I was delighted to see soymilk on the room service offerings. This is the first time I've seen this on a chain hotel menu. Bravo!

The hotel location was super. Walking distance to Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle.

Worth checking out!

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2005

As soon as we pulled up in the car we were excited about staying. I am a Omni Select guest and I had a coupon for a Free upgrade for a room. I was given a very large one bedroom suite. It has a nice living room with a large table. The door staff at the hotel is great too. I was there on my first trip to DC ever. Every time I came in for the day they asked me how every thing was going for the day. My girlfriend had a 75 min massage given to her at the fitness center and loved it. The pool closes early, at 9 pm. I didnt have a chance to use it. The Metro is very close 2 min walk one block very nice to have close by after a day on the town. The room service was great too. Being a select guest they had free drinks every morning at our door for us with a paper. They have happy hour in the bar at 5 to 7. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2005

I just checked out of the Shoreham. The hotel is splendid, but Robert's restaurant is a ptomaine trap. I had breakfast there on Aug. 3 and have been spending a lot of time on the toilet since then. I'd rate the hotel four stars, but the restaurant should be inspected by the Department of Health!

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2005

We stayed at the Omni Shoreham for 3 nights in August 2005. Right from the start we were impressed. The building itself is impressive and cannot be missed. The staff were friendly and attentive at all times. The hotel is clean, spacious and welcoming. We didn't make use of the fitness centre as we were only in DC for a short time doing the tourist bit, but from what I saw it was well equipped. There is a fee to pay for it's use. There is a large outdoor pool with plenty of sunbeds which are free of charge and pool towels are provided. The pool bar is a little pricey - $9 for a cocktail which was week and mainly ice.
Over all, I would recommend this hotel if you want easy access to the main attractions but don't want to stay among them. It's an easy 5 minute walk to the metro and after 0930hrs a daily pass card costs $6.50 and takes you wherever you need to go.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2005

This was our 3rd visit to the Omni having previously visited in 1999 and 2000 and found the hotel as good as ever. The concierge and reception desks were very professional and helpful though there seemed to be some conflict as to the value of travellers cheques they could cash on a daily basis ranging from $50-200. The in house shop had salads, hot coffees, fruit and sweets available throughout the day and the gift shop opened till late in the evening for papers and cards. We made use of a hire car in the second week and found the valet parking very good but expensive at $26 per night. Our bedroom was on the 6th floor and overlooked the rear garden where we witnessed several weddings throughout our 2 week stay. Our room was pretty clean albeit the carpet showed some staining. The en suite was very clean and the room attendant changed the linen including bed sheets daily as well as replenishing toilet rolls, shampoo etc. We made use of the Select Guest option which we joined on line prior to the holiday and this provided us with free morning beverages and a newspaper delivered to the bedroom at a time of our choice every morning. All in all the hotel was very clean with friendly attentive staff and on any future visits to Washington DC we will return to the Omni which we consider value for money.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

Ok, the hotel is on the older side, but try finding another hotel in DC like this one for $99 a night. It's not going to happen. The room is a very decent size and was for the most part clean. The metro is about a 2 minute walk, maybe a little over a city block, very convenient. The staff were friendly and helpful. Restaurant/bar/in-hotel stores were extremely over priced. ($3.00 for a small bottle of water). Go to CVS across the street for stuff like that, or go to one of the many different types of restaurants around the city. Parking was steep - $22/day, but that's how it is all over the city. all in all, i enjoyed the hotel and definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!