“Clean, Classy and Convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Garden Grove, California
“Clean, Classy and Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

I had occasion to stay at the Omni during the first week of April for a conference that took place in the hotel. I brought my teenage son with me for the trip during Cherry Blossom Week so that we could take in some of the museums during my trip. The hotel accommodations were wonderful, and the hotel staff couldn't have been better or nicer. Dolly, our housekeeper, was adorable - she even let us tour The Ghost Suite, which was right next door to our room 871 in the Main Building. She took really good care of us, and gently chided my son for sleeping the days away preventing her from cleaning our room when she needed to. It was pleasant banter, and made our stay seem more like being at home. Our beds were extremely comfortable, and we liked being able to open our windows for fresh air. The bathrooms are small, but adequate and the amenities were good. Two of the 5 nights we stayed there, we were unable to access the movie channel, which sucked. The hotel is also dog-friendly, which had we known, we would have brought our dog along. The food was excellent, except for some asian vegetable dish that was ghastly. The conference was wonderful - one of the best I'd been to - the meeting rooms were absolutely stunning - a great place for any special occasion. The location was good - close to the Metro, and various tour stops. There are some nice restaurants within a block that were good if you wanted to get out of the hotel - I recommend Mediterano and the little cafe at the corner (great desserts!). I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the DC area for business or pleasure. The only downside of our trip was the traffic getting to and from the Mall or other tourist destinations - we were there during Cherry Blossom Week, and it was so crowded, one could only imagine what it was like during the inauguration. I wouldn't come again at this time of year, especially if you dislike crowds.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
We are delighted to hear that you and your son had such a great stay with us. We are very fortunate to have associates like Dolly to make our guests feel at home. Please accept our apologies that the movie channel was not working . That is certainly an unusual occurrence. We do hope that you and your son will return again soon and if you want to find a time when there would be fewer crowds we would be happy to assist with your planning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed a three night stay at the Omni-what a joy to discover this jewel of a hotel! The staff is top shelf; from the valet and doormen to the housekeepers that greet you in the hallway-their concern is your comfort and enjoyment.

The location in the neighborhood is wonderful; so many fabulous restaurants to choose and the in-house restaurant is top notch as well. Our plans had us down by the mall, but a quick taxi or the metro got us there quickly.

Our room was restful, spotless and the bed amazingly comfortable. The hotel was quiet and we were in the front-with a cute little balcony! We would stay here again at the drop of a hat-you should too!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recommendation of the Omni Shoreham Hotel. It is always a pleasure for us to hear how well our guests are treated by our associates. We hope that you will find time to return again soon.
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

This hotel is next to a very large Marriott property and offers more charm and service. Great restaurant and front desk staff. Good location with lots of restaurants to choose from. Omni select guest program gives free high-speed internet and free morning coffee and beverage delivered with newspaper to your door.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2009
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. We are glad that our charm and our service are able to set us apart from other properties and we hope to have you return during your next trip to DC.
Fargo ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

I was hoping to stay at this hotel after doing alot of research and getting lucky on Priceline. It is a very short walk to/from the metro. Even better was the great restaurants in the neighborhood. So convenient.

The lobby is beautiful and check-in was quick. The room we had was ok, a little smallish, but served it's purpose. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice sized flat screen TV. A decent sized closet to hang your clothes and get your luggage out of the way.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2009
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Shoreham. We agree that our neighborhood can't be beat. With the variety of restaurants, activities, and even the metro just steps from our door, all of Washington is at your fingertips. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope that you will return soon.
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Although it has been a while since I was last in DC, I remember my time there well because my stay at the Omni made my business trip much more enjoyable. The hotel is historic ~ the room was large and had a small balcony. The hotel and the grounds are gorgeous and the staff is genuinely helpful and gracious. And to top it off: the room service is quite good! I loved seeing where former presidential balls were held and being able to walk in the park. I am traveling to DC for a wedding in April and will definitely stay at the Omni.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
It is such a pleasure for us to hear from our guests that have had such an enjoyable stay and we are delighted to hear that you will be returning in April. If there is anything that we can do to make your upcoming stay a memorable one, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Alma, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

My room was on the eighth floor. It was very quiet. I never heard anyone else. The room was very spacious. The room was very clean and pleasant. The beds were comfortable. I liked the reading lights on the head board. It made reading in bed very easy. There was a HD TV with a good remote. I hate hotels that don't have a sleep mode on the remote or closed captions. This room had both. The room had lots of outlets. The room was also brightly lit. The room came with a small refrigerator that never made a noise. The location is one block from a metro stop. I never ate in the restaurant because there were so many excellent choices within walking distance.

I do recommend joining the SelectGuest program. It entitles you to two free beverages in the morning plus either the Washington Post or Wall Street Journal. THe program also entitles you to free Internet access.

I am a happy customer and plan to return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Omni Shoreham Hotel. Your review touched on many of the small things that we have for our guests that can make a big impact. We appreciate that you took the time to share what made your stay special and we will look forward to your next visit to the Omni Shoreham.
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed at the Omni Shoreham for a business conference in March. The hotel is near Rock Creek Park and has a beautiful setting. The hotel is very large and the rooms have great views. The rooms are large for DC standards and are very comfortable. The bathrooms are a little small, but are well appointed with nice touches. I am 6'1 and really appreciated the fact that the shower head was way over my head.
The common areas are nice and the fitness center is great. There are a number of awesome running trails through the nearby park just outside the front door of the hotel.
Service is great, they accomodated my request for a very early check-in due to arriving on a red-eye and allowed a late check out without any fuss.
While I stayed here for business, I would easily bring my family here when we visit DC. It is a little further away from the Mall, but the subway stop is close and the friendliness of the staff and the size of the rooms make up for the distance. The hotel restaurants do not offer much choice, which is why I cannot give this hotel a 5 star rating. However, on 24th street are a number of great restaurants to suit anyone's needs.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2009
We appreciate you sharing your recent experience at the Omni Shoreham Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad we were able to accommodate your travel schedule, fitness needs, and even your height! We do hope that you will decide to bring your family back for a fun filled getaway to Washington, DC.

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!