“Omni Shoream DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, United States
“Omni Shoream DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Amazing space, close to subway, huge room and bed. Friendly staff. Great outdoor area. Came here on a couples vacation and booked through priceline. There is nothing that I can complain about given the price and 4* hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a Great hotel i a great area. Walking distance to the zoo and has great service. It is what I have come to expect from The Omni Shoreham. Valet parking is a bit pricey. The staff really makes you feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I took a chance using Hotwire to book my weekend getaway to DC. I lucked out and got a four star hotel at a two star price (sounds like a commercial). This place was fantastic! The Woodley Park-Zoo Metro Station was less than two short block away and will take you into the touristy part of DC in a matter of minutes.

The hotel is located in a residential part of the city so you are away from the hustle and bustle you would expect if you were downtown. The hotel looks like a residential complex with the old fashion charm unlike the glass facade of today's newer hotels.

I stayed on the top floor (8th) with a very comfy queen size bed. The room was clean and there was a refrigerator with complimentary water.

There is a thermostat in the room so you control the temperature, cable tv was fine but it would have been nice if complimentary wifi would have been available in the room. If you sign-up to be a OMNI member then it would be free but I didn't want to bother. I just used the free wifi in the lobby.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. I am a budget traveler and every so often I get lucky and score a super fancy hotel with Hotwire. I would definitely pay the price for this quality place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for a work conference and thought it was wonderful. It had all the amenities I needed for a convenient trip. Staff was very quick and friendly. I was able to enjoy beautiful morning runs (5 mile loop) to the White House and back, all through safe areas. I am a sensitive sleeper, and had no issues with noise.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful, they had welcome kits for our daughters in the room when we arrived, the room was comfortable, and I particularly appreciated the individual reading lights at every bed position. During the week we were there, the hotel housed mainly businesspeople, but the staff always made my children feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Windsor, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

A trip to D.C. seemed a fitting retirement celebration and we wanted to go in style. After reading TripAdvisor reviews we chose the Omni Shoreham. At $295 per night we assumed it would be just the right amount of poshness. Yes, the room was spacious and the bed linens divine. But there were other glitches that justify our rating.

The bathroom wallpaper was torn in several places with damage to the drywall underneath quite evident (see our pictures captioned "bathroom in poor condition"). The motion activated light in the closet was turned off and the switch was in the ceiling - quite the challenge for two 5'4" senior citizens. Replenishment of the in-room coffee supplies was inconsistent. And the facial expression on the concierge was that of someone being annoyed by a gnat when we stopped to ask some questions.

I would not stay here again; you can make up your own minds.

Stayed April 2014
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear hikingmomma,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your retirement with us. I truly regret that we missed the opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service that you expected and deserved but I am grateful for the opportunity to read your feedback.

I will share both your comments and pictures regarding your room with our Engineering team so that can make sure that it is immediately corrected. Your experience with our concierge will also be shared so that we can sure that all future guests feel welcome when making inquiries.

This was a special trip for you and I hope you will accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. I hope that the future will give us a second opportunity to gain your goodwill towards our hotel.

Tila Davis
Loyalty Manager
Omni Shoreham Hotel
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Although this is an older property, it is beautifully maintained and offers lovely, spacious rooms. I've stayed here multiple times and always look forward to returning. The rooms are light and bright, the beds are extremely comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower is amazing! As an added perk, the hotel is within a shot walk of many tasty restaurants. The customer service provided by the staff is unparalleled by other hotels. I look forward to every stay at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!