“Will Definitely Stay Again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #15 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
southern california
“Will Definitely Stay Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I use Trip Advisor and Google Maps a lot when researching hotels. I read the most recent review then Google drive the area to see the hotel and the area. I have to say that I was a bit apprehensive when I saw the outside of this hotel - an institution comes to mind. But upon arrival we were greeted by the most friendly attendants who had no problem letting us leave our rental car outside while we unloaded and checked in (parking is a bit steep so we returned our car right away). Step inside the lobby and the feeling is very tastefully grand. I was very surprised that it's slated to undergo a multi-million dollar renovation as it looks beautiful already.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, greeting us like royalty even though I'd found a hugely discounted rate online (definitely would have paid more). We got 2 connecting double queen rooms which were much more spacious than I'd imagined. A nice big walk-in closet kept luggage and stroller out of the room.

The room was spotless and had a very clean aroma, not perfumey, just very clean. Rarely does a hotel smell so clean.

The bathroom is tiny but with the big connected vanity room, it was not a problem.

The gym & pool area are very clean and resort-like with their amenities and staff.

I'd say the only complaint I had was how loud the air conditioner is. I'm a very light sleeper so it woke me up every time it kicked on. The other light sleeper in the 2nd room noticed the same thing so it wasn't just our air conditioner.

We flew into BWI and rented from Enterprise to get us to DC. The Enterprise drop-off is across the street at the Marriott. We only used the car to get to the hotel as DC has an excellent public transportation system, the best line being a 2 minute walk from the Omni.

This is definitely our DC hotel from now on!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mnrbeau1,

I'm glad that you were greeted so warmly upon your arrival at the Omni Shoreham and found the rest of your stay to follow suit. Thank you for allowing us to read about your experience with us and I'm honored that we are your new go-to hotel in DC. It will be our pleasure to have you as a guest again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with planning your next stay.

Loyalty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at the Omni Shoreham for a conference. The staff members were so friendly and helpful. The food provided during breaks was excellent. The Marquee bar was a wonderful place to relax and unwind. The room was spacious and clean. If you are staying here, definitely sign up for the Select Guest program. The free wifi and morning beverage service are worth it alone. I would definitely recommend the Omni if you're in Washington.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ashvlfoodie,

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the conference that brought you to the Omni Shoreham Hotel. Thank you for all of your compliments of our property and especially for your recommendation of our hotel. I hope that we will have the future opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked in for three nights and were welcomed by friendly smiling people, from the valets to the reception desk everyone gave us a great welcome. The hotel is huge and the front lobby is very impressive. Our room was good and a good size, air con a little loud but not too bad. Elevators a little slow but again we had nothing to rush for. The pool area is great with plenty of sunbeds and a great little bar. Drinks and food a little pricey but hey you are in DC. Location perfect, three minutes to the metro and straight into the heart of the city. Some good restaurants across the street where we ate breakfast and an evening meal. A short cab ride tO Georgetown for some relaxation and a meal at the harbour side. When we return to DC we will certainly stay at the Omni Shoreham, I would suggest that you could not find one better. Loved it!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Bubbenhall_traveller,

Thank you for suggestion that the Omni Shoreham Hotel is the best hotel to stay in while visiting Washington, DC. I'm delighted that you had such a great experience and appreciate the opportunity to read what made your stay with us enjoyable. If your travels bring you back to our lovely city, I hope you will once again choose us for your accommodations.

Ft lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family wanted a good hotel near the Zoo. This hotel exceed our expectations. Awesome service from checkin to checkout. The hotel was also very close to several restaurant options. We drove to the hotel and were able to use street parking...but note that is not that close to the hotel. The room was spacious and nice features. Although we didn't use the pool, it was very nice option for guests. I would definitely return to this property!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
DearTravelfan68,

We are fortunate to be in a convenient location for visiting the zoo and I'm glad your family enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for your experience on TripAdvisor and I hope that you will consider us again if you travels bring you back to Washington, DC.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed 6 nights in June for a conference. Booked directly via the Omni website for $229 per night which was less than the conference rate.

The hotel is very large and gives an impression of former grandeur, I liked reading the history outside of all the famous events that have taken place there. But it's feeling a little pass its prime.

My room was very spacious and had a very large wardrobe and good sized bathroom. As an Omni Select member wifi is complimentary and worked well. You can also receive a complimentary beverage each day which was always on time, hot and fresh. there was also tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge in my room.

bed was very comfortable, but ac was quite loud. Its a very comfortable business hotel and the location is very good too. You can walk to the zoo, Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle and its right on the Woodley Park (red line) metro stop, only 3-4 stops to Metro Centre. There are some shops and restaurants just across the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Buckingham, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Omni Shoreham with our family of 4. Chose this location only because we were meeting up with friends who were spending a week in DC, and had reserved this hotel based on the choice of 2 queen beds and an outdoor pool....

PROS: Grand lobby, historical location, large standard rooms, huge walk in closets, balconies, and queen beds. Close to Metro station and some restaurants. Clean.

CONS: Customer service was lacking (see below), lobby and rooms smelled moldy and old. Furniture in restaurant in horrible shape. Bathrooms are ridiculously small, window with ratty blinds in shower. MANY things showing age and are in need of repair: tub, windows, doors, paint, etc. TV didn't work great, but wasn't a huge issue. Motion sensor on light in walk in closet, kept turning off whenever I was in there....

Our first impression of this hotel and its service was a negative one....we pulled up in front because the self parking lot was full. We drove 3 1/2 hours and had minimal luggage for 2 nights, and could easily carry it ourselves. The bellman jumped on us the second we pulled in and argued with my husband when he tried to get our luggage out himself. Even after my husband insisted multiple times, the bellman, in very broken English, rudely told him no. We were tired and hungry, so let it go. We reached our room, and called for our luggage. No one told us to turn in our claim ticket at check in. So we were rudely informed over the phone that the bellman didn't know where to go....When I approached the bellman's desk in the lobby to report all of this, I was AGAIN told that I was in the wrong. My main complaint is that the bellman pushed to carry our luggage seemingly for the sole purpose of obtaining a tip. AGAIN, told that I was wrong....in broken English. Did anyone understand what I was saying? UNBELIEVABLE.

Breakfast buffet was decent. However, again, customer service lacking....Once they determined we were choosing the buffet, and brought over a carafe of coffee and some juice, we never saw anyone again...no one (2 days in a row) checked on our food, if we needed anything else, etc.
2nd morning, my 12 year old was scratched on the back through his shirt by a nail popping through the cushion in the chair in the restaurant. I reported it and asked them to remove the chair. While they apologized, management never made an appearance to see how he was....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what hotel to pick for our first family vist to DC. After a week of Searching I pick Omni - well let me tell everyone that it was the best place I ever stayed at!!!!! Everything was great !! Staff very helpfull ! Clean!!! Only thing the bathroom in our room was small and hard on a family of 4. Area was great 5 blocks from zoo. 100 yards from subway, I will be back

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Tykcdad,

I'm delighted to read that after a week of researching you decided to stay at the Omni Shoreham and you weren't disappointed. Your compliments of our hotel are greatly appreciated and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Loyalty Manager

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!