“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Denver, CO
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is a business hotel; however, we stayed there for six days for a leisure vacation. The hotel was great. It is a block away from the Metro making reaching anywhere in the area simple. The rooms were nice and silent. The food was excellent. The only complaint I have is that the bathroom was in need of some repair. Cracked and missing grout was present. Otherwise, the hotel was beautiful and I recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Trim, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed in the hotel last week for four nights with my family and would recommend it as a great place to stay! The hotel was built in 1930 and has lots of character and has lots of history. The lobby is large and airy, the garden is beautiful! The breakfast (go for the buffet) is excellent and good value and the rooms are large and spacious. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel is located close to a metro station so access to the city is very easy. We will return to this great hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Aoyama017,

Your recommendation of the Omni Shoreham is greatly appreciated. I'm glad your family enjoyed your time exploring our gardens and reading about our history. When you return, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can do anything to assist with making your stay another enjoyable one.

Dalbeattie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights and the only slight concern was the restutant menu in the evening never changed. Other than that it is an amazing hotel in DC, looked at Hilton and Holiday Inn (am platinum member) but sooooo glad we picked the Omni from the moment we arrived the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. Would recommend to family and friends. Easy access to all the sights from metro and bus tours which are a short walk from hotel. One hint join their privilege club ( free wifi and tea/ coffee in morning ) will definitely use the omni brand again when in the states.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear ken_posch,

I am also delighted that you chose to spend your week in DC at the Omni Shoreham. I am fortunate to work with wonderful people and I'm glad they took great care of you during your time with us. I will be sure to share your feedback regarding our dinner menu with our Executive Chef. Most evenings we do have a selection of rotating specials and apologize if those were not shared with you.

Thank you for your generous recommendation of our hotel on TripAdvisor and I hope you will return soon.

washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed at the Omni for two nights as co-sponsor of a business event. It's a gorgeous hotel, with large rooms, and a wonderful garden in the back, complete with a fountain. the only complaint I have is that the smallish tv is too far from the bed! Us oldies have poor vision, you know. other than that, would highly recommend

Dear Lee P,

Thank you for hosting your event at the Omni Shoreham. It was a pleasure to read that you had a great experience. If you return, I'd be happy to work with you to make sure you are in a room that has the tv positioned closer to the bed. Thank you for taking the time to review us and I look forward to a future opportunity to serve you.

Dalfsen, Overijssel, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed two nights to explore Washington. A pretty hotel with a great breakfast but very hard to find by car (with navigation). We rented the car for a ten day trip but I was very sorry we didn't wait to rent it untill we had checked out of the Omni Shoreham hotel.

Because the traffic was so heavy we left the car at the hotel mostly. The one time we did take it out there was no space left (despite the paid-for valet service) when we got back.

The next day (checking out) we called the valet service from our room to collect the car but when we stood at the front of the hotel we found out (after 10 minutes) that none of the employees had bothered to get it. It took about 15 more minutes before the car arrived.

Conclusion: good hotel by foot, bad hotel by car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NicoleAjeleHolmes, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Valerie R,

I am glad that you enjoyed your room and our restaurant but I am saddened by your experience with our valet service. It is our policy to never turn away over night guest so I apologize as it seems this was not conveyed to you. Thank you for taking the time to write such a well rounded response. We hope that if you ever find yourself in the District again you will stay with us and we can show you a true Omni experience.

Nicole A. Holmes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel has a lot of history and boasts of a great place for a conference (which is true). The rooms are pretty mediocre with old decor (some people call it vintage). I have to say though, expect an overpriced breakfast buffet, my suggestion would be go across the street to Open City. The location is pretty good, since it's near a number of good restaurants and a metro stop. Overall though, for the price, there are better options around town.

Dear WollffieCO,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read both your positive comments and constructive feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. Our rooms were designed to provide modern conveniences while also embracing the history of our past. I regret that the style didn't suit your preference but I hope you still found the room to be comfortable and well equipped. I hope you will decide to stay with us in the future, and if you do I'd invite you to consider some of our other breakfast options. Our Select Guest program allows you to add on light inexpensive options to your morning beverage delivery, you can grab a quick bite to eat from Morsel's in the lobby, or order a la carte from our restaurant. Thank you again for all of your feedback and I hope for a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our three-day visit to the Omni Shoreham enabled us to explore all of the amenities and nooks and crannies. So much to see! The pool and gardens are beautiful, and they are located above a beautiful walk/bike trail in Rock Creek Park, so you have plenty of places to enjoy the outdoors. They also have a state-of-the-art gym, open 24/7, so it's easy to get your workout in. We didn't try the restaurants, but our conference did provide food at several receptions, which was beautiful and delicious. My only two complaints are that our room had an odd smell(which you get used to, but it's still not great), and the fact that our room, the halls, and the ballrooms and meeting rooms were meat locker cold. No matter how I adjusted the thermostat in our room, it was still cold. Luckily, they provide posh robes! The staff is the friendliest ever, and you are treated to hot coffee delivery if you are a select member, so be sure to sign up for the loyalty program.

Room Tip: Pick a garden view!
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Dbjone2,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay at the Omni Shoreham on TripAdvisor. I love your description of us as vintage elegance and I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we have available to our guest. Please accept my apologies if the temperature was not to your liking. If you return, please contact me or one of my fellow associates and we would be happy to have an engineer assist you with the temperature in your room. I'm grateful for all of your kind words and I hope that we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Kindest Regards,

(202) 756-5109

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!