“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #29 of 137 Hotels in Washington DC
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My partner and I spent three lovely nights in this hotel. We had a little hitch to begin with as the key would not open our room, but because we were inconvenience the hotel upgraded.!! Room was huge and fantastic. 10 out of 10 for the staff, reception, bar and concierge. We didn't eat here as we had other plans.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Redloopy,

I appreciate your positive review of the Omni Shoreham and I'm glad that our associates were able to quickly resolve your key issues along with the added perk of an upgrade. We can't ask for anything better than a 10 out of 10 and are delighted that you felt we deserved this high rating. I hope that the future will bring us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

after checking out of the hampton at the National Harbor i was head too omni to find out that the location and atmosphere was a step above the National Harbor me and my kids were happy that we could just walk to national mall area no problem

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Omni Shoreham is a great hotel choice for families visiting the sights in Washington, DC who wish to avoid the concrete jungle downtown. With kids ranging from 7 - 10 years old, we wanted the park-like setting and the proximity to 1) the zoo; 2) the Woodley Park Metro; and 3) Connecticut Avenue restaurants (with Adams Morgan restaurants very close by). The location is outstanding.
We selected the Zoo package and enrolled in the OMNI SELECT GUEST program during our on-line registration process. This is an absolute must for price certainty/cost containment. With SELECT GUEST, we received free parking, free wireless internet, and an excellent buffet breakfast at the Roberts Restaurant on premises.
With the zoo package, we checked into a very large room which added to the comfort of our stay. It allowed the kids to avoid that cooped up feeling that precipitates mischief. We checked in with the front desk standout, Natalie, who gave each child a zoo package panda toy doll and an Omni Kids activity package. This delighted the children and made them feel welcome and relaxed after a very long journey.
The property location is only a $15 cab ride away from the White House, in case you find yourself uncomfortable with the Metro after hours, or just need to get the kids back to the room in a hurry. The zoo is located about three city blocks north of the property and is a very manageable walk.
I read other travelers complaints about the elevators. If you are there for a conference, and the keynote starts at 0800, I would imagine there would be a wait. For our leisure travel purposes, the elevator size issue was not a factor whatsoever. The staff was friendly and helpful in every single area. The lounge accommodates an decent selection of after hours dining including crab cakes and chicken wings. The beds themselves were very comfortable. We were thrilled with our stay, and we recommend Omni Shoreham to other families interested in an accessible, park-like stay in Washington, DC.

Room Tip: zoo package is great for kids ... stay on east wing ... do not forget to register for SELECT GUEST
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nygnyr
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Nygnyr,

It was such a pleasure for me to read about your family's recent experience at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. I'm glad you found both the Zoo Package and our Select Guest Program to be of value and I loved reading that your little one's felt welcomed by the Zoo's welcome kit.

Thank you for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor users and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Omni Shoreham in April. She'll be attending school in Washington, D.C. for the next four years, and I have found the place I will stay whenever I visit. From the minute you walk in until the minute you leave, you feel welcome in this beautiful hotel with great food, a great bar, spacious rooms, and a kind and courteous staff. Love it.

Room Tip: We had two queen beds and they were heavenly!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sscibilia,

I'm thrilled that you've chosen the Omni Shoreham Hotel to be your home base while visiting your daughter over the next few years. I'd like to offer my assistance for anything you may need when planning or while staying with us in the future. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for another great stay!

Cuenca, Ecuador
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After being 8 hours stuck at the airport, I finally arrived to the hotel. I was really tired and arrived at 02h30 in the morning approximately. The front desk clerk pointed me to one room - for my surprise... it had people inside! - I almost killed the poor guy.

Second room I asked the clerk to call the room before, then he raised the tone and told me that this time IT WAS GOING TO BE EMPTY. I walked all the way until the final part of East section, and you will imagine... it also had people inside! - it was almost 03h00 in the morning. Then I asked the clerk to go himself to the room FIRST, and then call his colleague. Good thing the room was empty.

Room was clean, classic style, everything worked but as you will imagine- at 03h00 your tolerance is proximate to zero. I had to leave at 12h00 after a conference and for my surprise I realized a spider was in my bed (hopefully not all the time).

That's why this was terrible. For $300 / night - you expect something better - don't you?

I didn't ask, but the supervisor the next day apologized and cancelled the charges to my room. So I ended paying nothing. Which I was expecting. That is why I added one star. Otherwise I would given it 1.5 because the location and venue is really nice but service was lousy -

Next time I would

Room Tip: Ask for a high room - my view was terrible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
tkermabon, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear "Guz V,"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor after your recent stay. We were so very sorry to have put you through what we did that late evening. Earlier that day we experienced a planned, 6-hour down-time of our computer system and, as you so unfortunately discovered, we failed to accurately transfer the details of both the rooms you were initially assigned. You must have felt unwelcome and poorly cared for after having to endure two failed check-ins with startling, unacceptable results. Aside from not charging you for your brief stay, I'd like to invite you back for a complimentary night so we can demonstrate the service excellence I know our team here is capable of. If you'll give us that opportunity, I can assure you we'll do everything we can to regain your loyalty to our brand. It would be my pleasure to personally assist with that reservation, should you consider it.

I look forward to your response. Thank you again for your time.

Best regards,

Thomas Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102
Burr Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We spent our one week, DC vacation at this hotel and it could not have been more perfect.
Rooms-very large! Does not feel like a hotel room but more of a living space.
Beds-comfortable.
Lobby-urns filled with fresh flowers and shimmering chandeliers made for a nice welcome.
Staff-very friendly! A big shout out to Paul-a great concierge!! and Emily, the front office supervisor, for making sure our "special occasion" stay was perfect!
Metro convenience-metro stop a block away. Allowed for easy city transportation.
Neighborhood-very safe and within a block walking distance were many restaurants with outdoor seating offering a great variety of food. Thai, Italian, Mediterranean, Indian, American etc
Pool-good size and well maintained with a drink and appetizer menu if desired.

ps. sign up for the Select Guest program prior to arrival to receive complimentary beverage service for two delivered at your requested time every morning. Great "wake up" call!

Would we stay here again if visiting DC?
100% YES!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Dgrunsten,

Thank you for your 100% positive recommendation of the Omni Shoreham Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your week with us was an enjoyable one and I look forward to sharing your compliments with both Paul and Emily.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Old style hotel but with a very classy feel. We had some problems with a noisy room but staff were keen to help and we were moved on the second night. Foyer is outstanding and rooms were very well appointed. It has excellent heated pool & fitness area. Subway is close but there is also a wide variety of facilities & eating options within walking distance.

Room Tip: try to get a room on higher levels and either overlooking front or rear pool area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Michael425388,

I'm glad you found the look and feel of the Omni Shoreham to be classy and the rooms to be well appointed. I regret that you experienced some noise during your first night but I'm delighted to read that it was quickly addressed with a room move the next day. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read about your stay and I hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.