“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Essex
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Omni for 3 nights over Mother's Day weekend, coincidence. Room was very spacious and kept to a high standard. Our room looked over the air conditioning units and lower floor roof which was a bit of a downer but didn't worry us too much. Hotel is located 2 mins walk from Woodley Park metro and about 10/15 mins from the zoo, which is free and worth a visit. We didn't use the hotels facilities as we spent most of our time in the centre which is a 10 min metro ride away. I would highly recommend Open City opposite the hotel for breakfast, great value, great food and friendly staff. Hot n Juicy Crawfish opp the metro is definitely worth a visit, featured on MvsF. All in all a great stay in a location that's slight out of the central hustle and bustle of DC.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a georgous hotel! Great space, fantastic staff, and wondeful pool area and lounge!!! This was truly a 5 star spot!!! Room had a balcony, which was nice. Metro was right arond the corner, making it easy to go see the monuments. can't say enough about this hotel.... FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Room Tip: No worries, my room was 406, looked over the main road. No problems!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Mike M,

Perfect is my favorite word to hear from our guests. Thank you for sharing you complimentary words on TripAdvisor and I hope you will return soon!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend getaway and was very impressed with the hotel's quality, location, and overall service. We didn't need anything exceptional during our stay, but everything in place met or exceeded our expectations. The hotel is GIANT - and old, and beautiful. The room we had was spacious, although the one drawback was that, inside the bathroom, I wished we had more vanity space for toiletries. The bathroom is huge and I didn't understand why there was only one pedestal sink inside, with only one shelf above the toilet for storage. Would be better to have a longer vanity with some top space, in my opinion - would make a better use of space and make bathroom utilization much more pleasant.

*Please note that if you're sensitive to noise, you can hear a lot of it from the street and from others in the hallways and adjacent rooms. Thankfully we had considerate neighbors, but there were times when I heard the noise from the TV in the next door room. All during the day so it didn't bother me, and made me conscious of any noise I may be making in my room that would affect others around me.

Room Tip: To minimize the street noise you hear, ask for a high floor location - even better would be to have...
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear SarahM81,

I'm so glad you found everything you were looking for at the Omni Shoreham. It means a lot to us to hear from our guests so thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. If you return, please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can assist you with finding a quiet room or anything else that will make your stay enjoyable.

Kindest Regards,

Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a great place to stay! Conveniently located, Wonderful staff, great food.
The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is the bathroom was small :(.
Other than that I have NO COMPLAINTS. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
Excellent Sunday brunch....Waffles, MTO omlettes, fresh berries....really good coffee
FYI the Zoo is within walking distance- 10-12 min, Also there are some really good restaurants close by. A taxi to the Smithsonians is about 13.00 dollars or take the metro that is located 1 block away -Woodley Park

Dear Timothy B,

I am so glad you had a wonderful stay at the Omni Shoreham Hotel and enjoyed our bountiful Sunday brunch. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and I hope you will be our guest again soon.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We, husband and I, stayed here for 3 days in April 2013. The hotel, which is large, was really good.The bedroom overlooked the beautiful Rock Creek Park. The room was spacious and clean with comfortable bed and was quiet at all times. The bathroom was small but was clean and had all that one needs.
The staff, especially the concierges, were most helpful and polite.
The lobby area is very spacious and grand.
The location could not be better. Great restaurants within a few minutes walking distance.
The trolley bus tours stop is across the road and tickets are sold in the hotel. By the way this is a great way to see the city but leave early to get all 3 loops in. The guides were excellent especially Congo Ken.
We walked miles from the hotel, down to Dupont Circle, over to Georgetown and back, and also to the nearby Adams Morgan area which is packed with lots of ethnic restaurants.
The Metro stop is near the hotel and the line runs downtown and to Union Station which suited us as we had taken the Amtrak from NY.
The New Heights restaurant across the road was particularly good as was the little French Bistro on Connecticut Ave.
There is a little coffee shop in the hotel which was great for morning breakfast which we ate at the tables located in the lobby area.
We had great weather throughout our stay which was a bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear browneyed5,

I'm glad the Omni Shoreham Hotel could serve as your home base as you explored Washington, DC. It will be a pleasure for me to share your compliments with our concierge team and I hope we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Kindest Regards,

Witney, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is located about a 2 minute walk to the nearest tube which can get you to the centre of Washington in about 10 minutes. There are a number of decent bars and restaurants close to the hotel.
We stayed for 3 nights for my birthday in May. The room and bathroom were a decent size. We stayed in the Annex to the main building and it was reasonable quiet there. However the room had an issue with the door which is not flush to the frame. After a day out we came back to the room been un-locked. the cleaner had obviously left the room unlocked after cleaning it. After speaking with reception hotel security was fetched to investigate the un-locked door. I felt that the receptionist could have dealt with it better and was a little officious in her attitude given that it was the hotel issue not ours.

The second issue was with some coffee we ordered, we had scheduled it for 8am, but having woke up early I rang to ask for it to be delivered as soon as they could. 40 minutes still no sign of the coffee so rang again. received a promise to send it as soon as they could, after an hour it arrived, but instead of coffee it was hot water. I have included this in my review to highlight that when a hotel has 800 plates to spin one will occasionally fall. If things like getting the coffee right first time every time bother you then you might want to consider a hotel with less bedrooms.

Top tip, sign up for the loyalty programme before you go and you will get free wifi and coffee delivered to your room .

Room Tip: Top tip, sign up for the loyalty programme before you go and you will get free wifi and coffee deliv...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NicoleAjeleHolmes, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your insightful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, and I apologize for our shortcomings in other areas. I will take your response to the drawing board to address the issues you experienced with your room door, and to improve upon the timeliness of our coffee service. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to welcome you back for another stay in the future.

Sincerly,
Nicole A. Holmes
(202) 756.5109
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Walking into this hotel, I wondered how on earth I was staying here! It was enormous, luxurious and very classy. The lobby was much larger than many hotels, with settees set around in little groups for people to gather. All around were signs telling of the hotel's history - famous guests, films it can be seen in, Presidential inauguration celebrations... I stayed at the weekend and came to the conclusion that perhaps a lot of its clientel are those staying on business, who would be around more during the week only. On the Saturday evening there was a conference gathering with people dressed in their finery waiting to go into the restaurant. On the Sunday evening, the lobby felt almost deserted!
There is free wi-fi if you use it in the lobby but you need to pay if using it in your room. There is no free breakfast but you can have breakfast in your room or the restaurant for about $20. There are quite a few places in Washington DC reported to do a good brunch so this is another option.
The hotel was just a short walk from the Woodley Park - Zoo metro station. [Once at the top of the escalators and out of the station, take the road on the right and carry on in the direction you were going. At the crossing, cross both roads as you need to be on the opposite side of the road and walking up to the right. The hotel is very near and on the left.] Also nearby are several places to eat, the ones I remember are the fast food places - MacDonalds, Baskin Robbins, Chipotle, as well as a Pharmacy on one corner, where you can buy toiletries, drinks and snacks (among other things).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Marmite77,

I'm glad to read that the great first impression you received upon entering our lobby carried on throughout your stay at the Omni Shoreham. If you return, I'd like to invite you to join our complimentary Select Guest program. It will provide you with many value added perks which include complimentary wireless internet in your guest room and morning beverage delivery. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

(202) 756-5109

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!