“Elegant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Omni Shoreham is a warm and welcoming home away from home, with an elegant atmosphere that takes you back in time. The hotel has a rich history that still seems very alive. There is also a spa, pool, gym etc.. The restaurant is nice and there is a small convenience shop and bakery. Room service is also good and timely. The beds are very comfortable but the pillows are small. Join the Omni select guest program fro free wifi and morning beverage service and newspaper. The staff are very welcoming and accommodating asking you how your day is in passing and coming and going.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MCH11062010,

I am delighted that the Omni Shoreham felt like your home away from home and I appreciate all of your complimentary comments. If you return, please let me know if I can assist you by providing extra pillows or anything else you may need to be comfortable during your time with us. It would be my pleasure.

Kindest Regards,

(202) 756-5109

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was brought here by a business conference and will say I was pleasantly surprised! The check-in was seamless with very friendly hotel hosts. The lobby is grand as in large, but easy to navigate, with east and west wings. The room I stayed in was on the second floor facing the street. The balcony is a nice treat to enjoy a cup of coffee or glass of wine. It was a roomy and comfortable... easily accommodates a family of 4. The zoo is close by and it's a 10 minute ride to national mall via Potomac parkway which is a scenic ride.

I really enjoyed all the greenery around the hotel surroundings. The grounds are beautiful! There are hammocks in a quite isolated part of the grounds. The back patio is a really nice place to relax at the end of the day with friends & colleagues.

I really enjoyed open city across the street and there are also a few pubs nearby. I'd recommend this hotel to both business travelers and families, I'd suggest ensuring you get a nightly rate of less than $250/night. If you need help getting that nightly rate, rest assured, I can help!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors with a balcony - the view is worthwhile!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear MelissaBruno,

Thank you for your generous recommendation of the Omni Shoreham Hotel. It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our hotel and our grounds. If you return to our hotel please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with your planning.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had been tavelling from Australia around USA for weeks, and decided to spend two days in Washington. Wow, what a great place to stop, relax and enjoy the beginning of spring, from check in to check out, we were surprised at the friendly professional service, our room for a triple share was comfortable and Paul the concierge was very helpful. Bonus that the cherry blossoms were out everywhere at the hotel, loved the gardens and tranquil feel of the whole place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear VonMcGann,

Thank you for including the Omni Shoreham as part of your travels through the US. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed one of most beautiful seasons in Washington, DC. If your travels bring you back to the United States and our capitol, I hope you will once again consider staying with us.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

At times it was better than average but overall just average. We paid $320 a night with tax for our room. It was a good sized room but not decorated anyway very special. Clean and in good maintenance. Good bed. Very small bathroom. No grab bars in the shower which was hard in the narrow tub. We got a lot of cigar smoke in our room from the party on the patio. Friendly staff that was helpful. Easy check-in and out. Beautiful neighborhood. Needs to be updated but has an older classy feel. Short walk to the Metro. Decent walk to the zoo. Nice coffee shop close by called Open City. It just didn't wow us for an expensive stay. I would stay again at a lower rate.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Teamhoffmann,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read about your experience at our hotel. I apologize that smoke from an outdoor party reached your room. This is an unusual occurrence but I can understand how it made your time with us less enjoyable. If you return, I'd be happy to work with you to make sure that you are in a room away from any outdoor function areas that also is equipped with shower grab bars. Thank you for also sharing your complimentary feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at the Omni Shoreham during the Nike Women's Half Marathon weekend. I was impressed that there could be so many conferences and large groups at the hotel without it seeming overcrowded. Rooms were nice and you could see elements of updates with old touches too. Overall, it was a great experience.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sara B,

Thank you for choosing the Omni Shoreham for your accommodations during the Nike Women's Half Marathon. I appreciate your complimentary review and hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed her for a business trip and overall found ourselves trying to give it a better rating than "average." We just can't do it. Our room was small and the bathroom smaller. The closet had a safe that when open collided with my head more than once! We couldn't see out our windows becuase of the condensation and the bed was poor for a higher end hotel. I'd add that the service was decent, but not stellar. We ate at the hotel restaurant - the food and service there not something we'd go back for. It just seems like this dated property is in need of some serious updating. I'm disappointed that Omni hasn't made an effort to bring it in line with their other hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
tkermabon, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear TravelMack425,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your TripAdvsor review after your recent stay. I'm disappointed to learn we didn't meet your expectations in a way that would justify a higher star rating in your eyes, something you have come to expect from the Omni brand. As a historic hotel configured in the late 1920's, we have a variety of guestroom and bathroom sizes, many of which we are regularly reminded are larger than in most our "younger" competitors. Having said that, we do have a few guestrooms that are on the small side and it was in one of those that you were obviously assigned. I also appreciate your sentiments related to the in-room safe being out of balance, condensation build up in your windows, a mattress that did not make for a good night's sleep, and lackluster food quality and service in our restaurant. I am sorry your wife and you found all of the above disappointing, as I do. Thank you very much taking the time do let us know how we fell short of your expectations.

We're you able to share your feedback with anyone while you were in residence? If so, did the associate(s) you interacted with provide any options to resolve these issues to your satisfaction?

Your continued feedback would be very much appreciated. I'd like to invite you to reach out to me here at the hotel at your convenience so that I can determine what guest room you were in and try to regain your trust in our brand. On the positive side, rest assured we are making an effort to bring the Omni Shoreham in line with many of our sister properties. For starters, we will be upgrading our lobby, public areas and meeting space this summer and hope you'll be able to see the results first hand during what we hope will be many future visits.

Thank you very much for your time and energy. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Thomas Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here with my wife while on a city break to Washington DC and found this a beautifully restored hotel. Great location in the leafy suburb with plenty to do nearby, loads of restaurants & lively bars.
Room was spacious with a huge comfortable bed.
Bathroom spotless with a wonderful shower & luxurious towels & robes.
We really enjoyed our stay but free WiFi in the rooms would be a plus (Charge for WiFi in rooms)
Thank you to the very helpful staff, well done all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ManUhead,

Thank you very much for your gracious review of our property and your experience while in residence. I am thrilled to hear your wife and you thoroughly enjoyed your stay while visiting our nation's capital and found your accommodation size, bed comfort, cleanliness, and amenities to be to your liking.

With regards to complimentary wifi access, I'd like to invite you to join Omni's Loyalty Program, called Select Guest. For Select Guests members we offer complimentary wifi and an abundance of other amenities, including morning beverage delivery to your guest room, newspapers, pressing, shoe shine, and more which can add up to $50 per day in value. The program is free to join and never costs anything and would, in my opinion, help make any great stay even more memorable.

We are very hopeful of future opportunities to welcome you back to our hotel when your travel plans again bring you to Washington, D.C.

And, GO Man U!

Most sincerely,
Thomas Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!