“Beautiful, old and getting older” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #14 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Rochester, Minnesota
“Beautiful, old and getting older”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed her for a business trip and overall found ourselves trying to give it a better rating than "average." We just can't do it. Our room was small and the bathroom smaller. The closet had a safe that when open collided with my head more than once! We couldn't see out our windows becuase of the condensation and the bed was poor for a higher end hotel. I'd add that the service was decent, but not stellar. We ate at the hotel restaurant - the food and service there not something we'd go back for. It just seems like this dated property is in need of some serious updating. I'm disappointed that Omni hasn't made an effort to bring it in line with their other hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
tkermabon, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear TravelMack425,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your TripAdvsor review after your recent stay. I'm disappointed to learn we didn't meet your expectations in a way that would justify a higher star rating in your eyes, something you have come to expect from the Omni brand. As a historic hotel configured in the late 1920's, we have a variety of guestroom and bathroom sizes, many of which we are regularly reminded are larger than in most our "younger" competitors. Having said that, we do have a few guestrooms that are on the small side and it was in one of those that you were obviously assigned. I also appreciate your sentiments related to the in-room safe being out of balance, condensation build up in your windows, a mattress that did not make for a good night's sleep, and lackluster food quality and service in our restaurant. I am sorry your wife and you found all of the above disappointing, as I do. Thank you very much taking the time do let us know how we fell short of your expectations.

We're you able to share your feedback with anyone while you were in residence? If so, did the associate(s) you interacted with provide any options to resolve these issues to your satisfaction?

Your continued feedback would be very much appreciated. I'd like to invite you to reach out to me here at the hotel at your convenience so that I can determine what guest room you were in and try to regain your trust in our brand. On the positive side, rest assured we are making an effort to bring the Omni Shoreham in line with many of our sister properties. For starters, we will be upgrading our lobby, public areas and meeting space this summer and hope you'll be able to see the results first hand during what we hope will be many future visits.

Thank you very much for your time and energy. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Thomas Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here with my wife while on a city break to Washington DC and found this a beautifully restored hotel. Great location in the leafy suburb with plenty to do nearby, loads of restaurants & lively bars.
Room was spacious with a huge comfortable bed.
Bathroom spotless with a wonderful shower & luxurious towels & robes.
We really enjoyed our stay but free WiFi in the rooms would be a plus (Charge for WiFi in rooms)
Thank you to the very helpful staff, well done all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ManUhead,

Thank you very much for your gracious review of our property and your experience while in residence. I am thrilled to hear your wife and you thoroughly enjoyed your stay while visiting our nation's capital and found your accommodation size, bed comfort, cleanliness, and amenities to be to your liking.

With regards to complimentary wifi access, I'd like to invite you to join Omni's Loyalty Program, called Select Guest. For Select Guests members we offer complimentary wifi and an abundance of other amenities, including morning beverage delivery to your guest room, newspapers, pressing, shoe shine, and more which can add up to $50 per day in value. The program is free to join and never costs anything and would, in my opinion, help make any great stay even more memorable.

We are very hopeful of future opportunities to welcome you back to our hotel when your travel plans again bring you to Washington, D.C.

And, GO Man U!

Most sincerely,
Thomas Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is an awesome hotel, I would recommend this hotel to anyone to try out at least once. The staff is very friendly and the on site facilities are very nice, including the pool. Though the restaurants their are a little to pricey for my taste, this hotel is located a block away form a bunch of local restaurants (some bad, some good, some great). The only complaint I have to offer this hotel is that the first time I went my family and I stayed in an amazing room with a view of their grounds (very beautiful) and the Washington Monument, the room was very spacious and very comfortable. This time even though we made our reservations at least 6 months in advance and requested the same room, the stuck us on the other side of the hotel in, when comparing to the first room, a broom cupboard. this room was much smaller and the the view of other peoples apartments are not quite as beautiful to look at as a garden and the Washington Monument.

Room Tip: Get a balcony suite overlooking the grounds!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work this week. It's by the National Zoo and a bit of away from downtown DC it's in a really multi-national neighborhood with some great ethnic foods and the Woodley Park subway stop is a short walk away---you can get downtown really easily. The hotel is nicely appointed. I had a great room with a balcony. The service is fantastic. Great workout room and beautiful outdoor pool.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We loved this hotel. excellent service and great location. our room was spacious and very quiet. Pool is very nice. Metro is one block away. The Rock Creek Parkway is beautiful! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Amy4159,

Not only am I delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Shoreham Hotel, but I'm also thrilled to hear that you would stay with us again.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope you will return soon.

Pomfret Center, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The location was good, although a little out of the way for visits to Capital Hill. The neighborhood has lots to offer; not the least of which are neighbor gems by way of restaurants and the Washington Zoo. For an historic hotel the through the wall HVAC (with annoying noise) was compensated by good service and great food. Reasonably priced for a city hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tborner,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. I'm glad that your overall experience was enjoyable and if there is anything I can do to assist with future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were unfortunate to arrive when the hotel was full with conventions. We were in a clean but average room in the annex. For the inconvenience and the high cost of the room I think that the Omni should have included breakfast in the package. The amenities were first class and the pool area was great. The hotel is fine for a couple of nights and "doing" Washington.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Dear greenspan,

I'm regret to read that your expectations were not completely me upon arrival at our hotel. I am glad that the amenities and service made up for some of the initial shortcomings that you experience and I truly hope you will give us a second opportunity in the future.

If you do decide to return, I encourage you to reach out to me so that I can personally assure you will have a great stay.

(202) 756-5109

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!