“Excellent choice with family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #16 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent choice with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The reviews are accurate. My kids 16 & 10 fell in love with this place from the get-go. I would describe it as a "grand" hotel with lots of DC history. Many dignitaries have stayed here. My son described the pool area as "sick" (a good thing), and the service was great. Excellent breakfast buffet! It is not walking distance to the Nat'l Mall, but close to a Metro stop in Woodley Park area. Good dining close by.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear glewis28210,

I am so glad that your recent stay at the Omni Shoreham hotel lived up to the positive comments posted by other TripAdvisor users. Thank you for also writing a review about your experience and I hope we will have a future opportunity to serve you again.

Kindest Regards,

2,542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was every bit of what I'd hoped it would be. I am 110% satisfied. Where do I begin???....

It's Spring Break--we came to DC for a tour of the White House--me, my hubby, and our 2 boys (10 & 14). This was a last minute trip so I was very surprised to find the amazing rate of $139/nt in THIS area. At first, I was very nervous to book for so cheap but the reviews on TripAdvisor sold me!
Our room was super spacious, considering that this is DC. Rooms were SUPER clean and smelled so nice. The staff checked me in in abt 2mins--seriously. The Bellmen were incredible--especially Simon & Khofi! Our first night, they delivered cookies & milk to our boys. How thoughtful!!!! The linens were fresh, beds were comfortable & premium feathered pillows (yes, pillows matter to me!!) lol
We were enjoying the hotel so much that our fiends who were visiting with us decided to book a room too!! The on-site restaurant has amazing service--expensive as crap, but the service was really nice! And if you're in walking distance to a million other restaurants--SUPER convenient!
On our last day, they accommodated our request for a 1:30pm late checkout!

I am in DC often for business so i stay in a lot of DC hotels. this one is my new favorite--especially when my children travel with me. I hope this review has been helpful to you. If you are considering the Omni, you are making a good choice that you will not regret. Enjoy! And pls write a review bc our reviews help other travelers!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Riley T,

I am grateful for your contribution to the TripAdvisor community and especially for your kind words about the Omni Shoreham. It is an honor for us to be your new favorite hotel in DC. If there is anything I can do to make any of your future stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had been planning a big Spring Break trip to Washington, DC for months. Our party consisted of my husband and me, our four children, ages 17-22, and two of their friends. Since I always travel with so many children, as often as I can, I book a house. I had a house in Georgetown booked months in advance. You can imagine my horror when the homeowner canceled our home reservation the morning of the trip. Our large group arrived in Washington, DC, homeless.
I immediately booked 3 rooms over Hotwire to tide us over for the weekend. While that hotel was adequate for the weekend, I knew it wouldn't work for 8 people for a week. I tried in vain to find another house at the last minute, but since it was Spring Break, that wasn't to be. I was not excited about staying at a hotel with all these young adults. I knew we needed space. However, I had stayed at the Shoreham with my children years ago and had always dreamed of returning to your beautiful hotel. I found a surprisingly good rate on your website and booked two rooms and a king suite for the remaining 6 days of our trip. I immediately called the hotel directly to ask for several special requests. Emily took my call, listened to my extremely long list of requests and graciously said she could fulfill all of them.
We arrived extremely early the next day, way before we expected to be shown to our room. The staff already had two of our rooms ready and the keys were on the Express Check-in board! When we arrived to our rooms, we were overjoyed. All the rooms were close to one another and the refrigerator was in our suite like we had asked. The rooms that Emily put us in were huge and left plenty of room for the roll-away that we had requested, which was already there. My husband and children were very impressed with the beauty of the hotel and the fact that EVERY SINGLE THING that I told Emily that I needed was already in the rooms waiting for us. We left our luggage and went out for a day of sightseeing. We stopped first to ask the concierge some questions. My kids immediately hit if off with Norbert. They knew they had their ally for the week.When we returned that afternoon, the third room was ready.
Within 20 minutes of returning to our room, we had a knock on the door. It was milk and cookies for all the kids. (I know Norbert was behind this!) Also on the cart was a beautiful tray of snacks along with two beers on ice. Imagine my surprise when the waiter said they were for us! Emily had them sent us along with a precious hand-written note from her welcoming us.
We spent the rest of the week enjoying our rooms, the exercise facility, the beautiful lobby, the quick walks to the Metro, and the glorious park next door. We lived in the neighborhood like locals. We all hated to leave yesterday. It really was a magical trip. What could have been a disaster with all of us crammed into uncomfortable hotel rooms turned into a dream vacation.
My husband and I have had the privilege of traveling quite a bit and we have stayed in some of the finest hotels throughout the country. Never have we been treated so well by a hotel staff. We lacked for nothing. We were treated kindly by everyone from the sweet lady in the fitness room to the doormen to the housekeeping staff. Bravo, Omni Shoreham! We will be back and we will tell all of our friends about you too!!

Dear Davenportmomof4,

It was truly a pleasure for me to read about your family's experience at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. I am fortunate to have a team of associates that recognize how they can personally impact a guest's experience and it will be my pleasure to recognize Emily and Norbert for a job well done. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your extraordinary experience and I'll look forward to your next stay with us.

Tom Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102
Poughkeepsie, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I do not give out 5 star ratings lightly. This is a solid 4 star. The location of this hotel is perfect. Only 2 blocks away from a Metro station and close to many restaurants. Plus, it is only a 10 minute walk to the National Zoo! The best part of the hotel as I experienced it was the staff; they were all polite, courteous and very helpful. Everyone was friendly and seemed to genuinely care. My wife and 2 children spent 3 nights over Easter weekend. Our room was appointed nicely: we had 2 queen beds (which were very comfortable), plenty of space and a well appointed bathroom. There was a small sitting room between the bedroom and the bathroom that was a bit odd. It only had a small table in it, despite being big enough for a chair or small sofa. Breakfast buffet was included in our rate, and it did not disappoint. The food was plentiful, fresh and delicious. The service at the restaurant was top notch, too. OK, so here is why it is only a 4 star: twice I used the phone and nobody answered. Once to call the restaurant to find out when they opened for breakfast, but it rolled over to voicemail, and once for room service and it merely rang and rang. Odd. Will I stay here again? Definitely.

Dear Rodeler,

Thank you for sharing for your family's experience at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful stay but apologize that there was no response to your calls. We will revisit our system for making sure that all guest rooms calls are promptly answered. Thank you for also sharing your kind compliments of my fellow associates and our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Morris County, NJ
2,318 helpful votes 2,318 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the fourth Omni that we have stayed in in the last several years. Each hotel is different, but they all have one thing in common, their commitment to service. We are at the point now that when we travel, we look for an Omni in whatever city we are going to because we know that this chain shares our values and knows how important customer service is.

The hotel is amazing. I have stayed in a lot of sterile hotels that are geared towards business. Too many even, to the point were I can tell you by the chain name, where things are located in each hotel. Thankfully this hotel is not like that. This is an older hotel that proudly embraces its age and glory and celebrates those who have previously stayed here. (Even though it is an older hotel, it is impeccably clean and well maintained). When you enter the hotel, the lobby itself brings back an age of grandeour. The rooms are okay for the area. The bathroom was a little small, but the hotel was built in 1930, so that is to be expected.

The grounds are very beautiful. I cannot remember the last time I said to my wife, lets take a walk around the grounds of a hotel. Here it was, late March and they were beautifully maintained. After a day of walking around the Mall with its crowds, it was nice to take a relaxing walk here.

The service is the best we have seen in any hotel. When we checked in, we talked to one of the clerks and she explained the chain's commitment to service, which obviously comes from the Omni's owners in Texas.

One thing that I wish they had in the hotel, that we have seen in other Omnis, was a waste basket for recycling. I know the management of every Omni reads the Trip Advisor reviews and I hope this is something that the hotel implements in the future. However this is a very minor complaint and should not be taken as a slight against one of the finest hotels in DC, if not the US.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bwco,

As the Loyalty Manager of the Omni Shoreham Hotel, I couldn't be more delighted to read about your dedication to Omni Hotels. It was a pleasure for me to read all of your glowing comments about your stay and I'm glad that we lived up to the Omni reputation. It gives me great pleasure to tell you that we do have recycling bins for our guest rooms on order and will be implementing a more comprehensive recycling program upon their arrival at our hotel.

Thank you for loyalty to Omni Hotels and for writing a review. If you return to our hotel, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with making your stay more enjoyable.

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The room was spacious and elegant - comfortable bed and wonderful linens. The lobby is comfortable and inviting, with a gorgeous restaurant, cafe, and store on-site. The location is ideal - close to the Metro station, jogging trail, and restaurants. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Dear Kawi47,

It was a pleasure for me to read that you found everything in the hotel from your room to our restaurant to be enjoyable. I'm also happy you found our location in the Woodley Park neighborhood to be so convenient. I would like to personally thank you for writing a review and I hope for an opportunity to welcome you back to the Omni Shoreham Hotel again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Service is A+. From the first doorman to greet you on arrival, to the front desk staff, to the service staff that you might encounter in the hall - every member of Omni staff is professional and friendly. Location is great - near the metro and in close proximity to everything: light fare, a CVS, a hair salon and a few shops. A short walk to the zoo. It's a short taxi ride either to the airport or Union Station. The main hotel has a grand feel to it. The linens are divine. The grounds are beautiful and in warmer weather it is worth a walk to explore the parklike setting. Membership as a Select Guest is a must - morning coffee delivered, daily paper and wifi are the perks.

Take some time to explore the history of the place - from movies filmed there to parties hosted. It's easy to picture this grand place as a jewel in the city. Looking forward to returning in a few months.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear LandseerCT,

I would like to offer my gratitude for your complimentary review of the Omni Shoreham Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed not only the hotel, but also our convenient location. We take so much pride in our history so it was a pleasure for me to hear your appreciation of the many famous famous faces and events that we have had the honor of hosting. As your next stay with us approaches, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Kindest Regards,

(202) 756-5109

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!