“It's posh!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“It's posh!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Initaly given a room which was down a long corridor to the rear of the hotel which looked like some sort of annex.Really disappointed as it was no where near as grand as the main hotel. Wentbback to check in to see if they would move us back into the main hotel, result! Moved us to an upper floor large room with a balcony facing the gardens. As a tourist we felt a bit uncomfortable walking round in summer wear as the hotel seems to predominately cater for business people.
Ideal location for the metro system to get around Washington.
Big and busy hotel but would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main block,steer clear of the annex.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Martin5192.

I appreciate your review of the Omni Shoreham. Please accept my apologies that your initial room assignment was not to your liking but I'm glad to read that it was quickly resolved. One of the great things about the Omni Shoreham is that we welcome everyone from families to dignitaries so please know that your attire was perfectly appropriate. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to read about your experience and I hope that we will have a future opportunity to serve you.

Warmest Regards,

(202) 756-5109

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Although we only had 3 nights at this lovely old hotel, we did enjoy it.

Check in was easy, however when offered a room with a balcony, we thought oh good, a room higher up with a view. No, this was not the case. We were on the ground floor with a door leading outside to a slab of concrete. Anyhow, later that evening after chatting with the Concierge (Herman) I mentioned that I didn't feel safe in the room, he addressed this situation straight away and moved us to another level.

Thanks Herman, oh and Mohamud (bellman was also lovely and helpful)

Room Tip: Definately get a room in the newer wing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maisy33,

Thank you for taking a moment to review the Omni Shoreham Hotel. I am glad to read that Herman was able to quickly address your room concerns and place you in a room more to your liking. I look forward to the opportunity to share you compliments with both Herman and Mohamud. If your travels bring you back to DC, I hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations.

Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel is what you would expect from an Omni property.

The lobby is opulent and the rooms comfortable and clean.
There is ample parking which is unusual for DC and its very close to the Metro.

I stayed in the adjoining building called the "Parkview" section. My room overlooked Rock Park and you can't even hear the traffic that is on the other side of the park.... I heard birds instead of cars! Getting to Parkview is a little confusing but well worth it because of the seclusion.

Dear Tamara S.,

I'm glad to read that the Omni Shoreham lived up to your expectations set by other Omni Hotels. Thank you for giving our team the chance to read about your stay and I hope that you will consider us for future trips to Washington, DC.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I was a little bummed at first I couldn't stay in the conference host hotel but I'm so happy they were all booked! The Omni is beautiful! The concierge was super nice and helpful, my room was nice (really cute bathroom with a high basin), the halls were quiet and I was close to a salon, a cvs, a neat little market, restaurants and more all in walking distance (for a female visiting alone too!) It's close to a trail for running or walking and the little "cafe" Morsels was a convenient stop for a quick snack. I was so comfortable I found myself just sitting in the lobby where I ended up talking to all sorts of people so I got to do a lot of networking and made some great contacts. I didn't eat in the restaurant but I was happy to see vegetarian dishes. Also, I signed up for the preferred guest program so my in room wi-if was free (no charge). When I return, which I will, I get a free morning beverage and I received a USA today with the preferred guest program. The shuttle service that took us back and forth each day was great too. I just had a great overall experience at a beautiful hotel with great staff. Girl Scouts honor! (Inside joke with my new concierge friend.) Oh, and I only turned on the beautiful flat screen tv once. I spent most of my time in the lobby or walking around the neighborhood.

Dear T H,

I am thrilled to read that you had a great experience at the Omni Shoreham. I am even happier to know that you plan to return. When you start planning your next visit please feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice hotel and seamless registration. Checked into a nice large room. However, there was blood on the side of the sheet. Saw it only when I pulled the sheet out from the mattress. A few black specs were loosened when I pulled the sheets back. Gross!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear JAMoya,

It was alarming for me to read about your experience at our hotel and I've shared your feedback with our Director of Housekeeping You will receive a message from her directly so that we can try to research what may have happened. Please be assured that myself and my team take this very seriously. If you consider returning to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally insure that you have a wonderful experience.

My Apologies,

Tom Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102
Durant, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were moved to the Omni Shoreham because our hotel overbooked. The change was ok because the staff was great. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and we had a balcony! The view was great. This hotel gas an interesting history. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the backside have great views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Ken R,

I am glad your unexpected move to the Omni Shoreham turned out to be a good one. I'm so happy that you were well taken care of by my fellow associates and enjoyed your balcony overlooking DC. I'd like to personally thank you for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor and I hope you will return to our hotel again soon. If you do, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The omni dc is an excellent hotel. It is well designed and very well located. Near fine restaurants including petite plats, my favorite french restaurant in dc. The rooms are always nice, clean, and kept up, staff is helpful and professional. The hotel is not brand new, and but it maintains a high class rating for me because it is so well kept up. A few minor things prevent a five rating. Slow elevators, it is a popular hotel and when it gets booked the experience feels a little crowded and slow, it doesn't have an obvious or easy entry with a rolling suitcase, but no place is perfect. I prefer the hotel for business. I would not use the hotel for a family vacation. There are better places for young kids and granddaughters. But, she for the business traveler, and this hotel is hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear RDHill H,

Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest of the Omni Shoreham and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us but regret that on occasion you have had to wait for the elevators. The elevators are original to the hotel and carry with them an architectural and historic significance but the downside is that they are not as quick as newer elevators might be. The next time you stay with us, I would be happy to make sure you are placed in a room that requires less elevator usage if you desire. Thank you for also sharing your kind words about our staff and our location. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

(202) 756-5109

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!