“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #14 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The omni dc is an excellent hotel. It is well designed and very well located. Near fine restaurants including petite plats, my favorite french restaurant in dc. The rooms are always nice, clean, and kept up, staff is helpful and professional. The hotel is not brand new, and but it maintains a high class rating for me because it is so well kept up. A few minor things prevent a five rating. Slow elevators, it is a popular hotel and when it gets booked the experience feels a little crowded and slow, it doesn't have an obvious or easy entry with a rolling suitcase, but no place is perfect. I prefer the hotel for business. I would not use the hotel for a family vacation. There are better places for young kids and granddaughters. But, she for the business traveler, and this hotel is hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear RDHill H,

Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest of the Omni Shoreham and for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us but regret that on occasion you have had to wait for the elevators. The elevators are original to the hotel and carry with them an architectural and historic significance but the downside is that they are not as quick as newer elevators might be. The next time you stay with us, I would be happy to make sure you are placed in a room that requires less elevator usage if you desire. Thank you for also sharing your kind words about our staff and our location. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

(202) 756-5109

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I could go on forever naming the celebs who have stayed at this grand old hotel. Some say it's a bit dated; I say it's a classic. The rooms are spacious with lots of light. My bathroom this time even had a separate shower and bath tub, with the bath tub actually large enough to take a soak in. Turn down service at night. Coffee delivered to our room in the morning, along with the morning paper. Luxuriate in the gardens on a nice day. Close to the metro. You can get anywhere from here. Loved it! This is my third stay. Wouldn't miss it on a fun trip to D.C.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pat_R2050,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed learning about the many notable personalities that we have had the good fortune to host at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. I appreciate your loyalty to our property and please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to help make your next stay more enjoyable.

Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Kudos to Ms. Julian of the Omni Shoreham!!! During our annual conference to Washington, DC, we were faced with a winter storm headed straight for us. Living near Charlotte, NC, we had a nine hour drive ahead of us. My husband managed to consolidate meetings for the afternoon of March 6, 2013, allowing us to leave a day earlier than planned and avoiding the brunt of the storm. We decided to try and beat the mass exodus from DC by meeting each other at the last Metro Station - Franconia-Springfield, with me driving the vehicle and with him riding the Metro. After checking out and having lunch, my car was brought around for me and off I went to meet my husband. Approximately 3pm, I stopped at the Target store very close to the Metro stop. Upon opening the back door to the vehicle, there was no lugguage; opening the rear hatch, no luggage!!! Started looking for the brown paper bag - hyperventilation! Could not get in contact with my husband and decided to call the hotel. WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!! With panic evident in my voice, a young lady, Julian, took charge! She put our luggage in a taxi with a known and trusted driver and miracle of miracle, he arrived in the Target parking lot a few minutes before my husband arrived at the Metro station! Picked him up as he walked out of the station! THANK YOU, MS. JULIAN AND THANK YOU OMNI SHOREHAM!!! We will see you next year!
Susan & Philip Hinely

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tkermabon, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear "Susan H,"

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your response on TripAdvisor. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your account of your departure from our hotel recently. I was on the edge of my seat as you described your efforts that wintery afternoon and so happy to learn of Julienne's heroic actions that helped "saved the day." We're thrilled she's on our team and taking such great care of our guests in her role. I appreciate your well written story and, of course, the 5-stars Julienne helped us earn. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best regards,
Thomas Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Loved my stay here. Staff was very friendly and the rooms are lovely.
Bed is super comfortable, which is always nice after a long day of meetings. Although the conference rooms themselves were absolutely freezing! Catering staff was helpful in finding replacements for my dietary restrictions.
The only downside is that the walls are very thin! A room across from me had a party going on until almost midnight and I could practically make out every word the were saying!
Location is great! Lots of nearby restaurants and super close to the red line.

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great staff. Clean spacious rooms with coffee service & newspaper included. Well located. Fitness center 24/7. Fantastic walking/jogging path past Potomac to Lincoln Memorial. Starbucks coffee kiosk. Impressive memorabilia throughout hotel of past dignitaries & events for the last 75 years.

Room Tip: Upper floor for better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Donna G,

I enjoyed reading about your recent stay at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. It sounds as if you were able to take advantage of our Select Guest program and I'm happy read about your appreciation of our local area and history. Thank you for taking a moment to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Omni Shoreham Hotel
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

While the hotel is a bit dated, this is still an amazing property. The bathrooms are a bit cramped but the rooms are a very nice size and the grounds are great. Dining in the hotel is limited but many great options exist in walking distance. The Service from Omni always impresses me and makes this place a great stay

Dear Mlsmith142,

Thank you for sharing your complimentary words about the Omni Shoreham Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had another great stay and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to let me know. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went for a convention. I did not think that parking would be almost $40 per night to have my car parked out back in the open. I also did not know that I would have to walk almost four minutes and up and down mini flights of stairs to get back and forth to my room. The room was nice, fairly comfy. The housekeeping staff, the room service staff were very friendly and helpful. My bright spot was the bellman who drew me a route to run out doors on a map and cautioned me for safety. Well done! The wait duration at the front desk were unacceptable at times. When I checked in I was tired, hungry and late, and the impression I got was lack luster. The food was OK, pretty good, but nothing to write home about. The coffee shop girls hussle and usually give you a smile. I would stay there again if I found a good enough rate. The location is easy. Just way to much walking back and forth and up and down. You really have to work to get your luggage around-basically forcing you to tip a bell hop. I tried to get a bellman on check out-no dice. After waiting for 15 minutes I drug my luggage down myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tkermabon, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear "Beccaluvstravel,"

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your TripAdvisor review after your recent stay. I was pleased to learn you felt our beds were comfortable and that you received warm service from multiple associates within our hotel. I was disappointed, however, to learn we fell short in providing you with swift arrival experience and luggage assistance upon your departure. Please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations. I can appreciate why waiting for a response when you did would cause frustrations. Rest assured we take your feedback seriously and will review it in the spirit of continuously improving our operation.

We are hopeful you will consider returning when your travel plans bring you back to Washington, D.C.

Best regards,
Thomas Kermabon
Hotel Manager
(202) 756-5102

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!