“Omni Shoreham” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Shoreham Hotel

You added Omni Shoreham Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Shoreham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #17 of 131 Hotels in Washington DC
Tejas
“Omni Shoreham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Like others have said, wonderful location. Short walk to a useful Metro line and far enough out to not be surrounded by traffic and car horns. Hotel and service were both excellent. Only downside is the lack of public parking (despite having acres available for the valets).

Sign up for their loyalty program for free coffee delivered to your room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We appreciate your review and are glad you had a great stay. We hope to serve you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Omni Shoreham has even there a long time, and I had not been there for many years. It was wonderful to arrive and see that gorgeous lobby, still looking regal and comfortable. Various seating areas all around made it easy to meet my colleagues in comfort.
The rooms are large and love the beds, very comfortable. The shower was fabulous! I gauge hotels by water pressure and this one was incredible. Now marble showers and granite counters give the room a modern look without losing the elegant feel. This is a historic hotel and I love the classic look and colors of the furniture and decor. Turndown was a nice touch, since I returned late from business appointments. You should sign up for their free guest program, Omni Select - you get free wifi in your room and a complimentary beverage in the morning! I got a quick knock at the time I requested (after my prompt wake up call) and by the time I opened the door to my in room dining tray, the staff person had disappeared from the hallway. Love that!!
I attended a business event and their meeting rooms and ballrooms are gorgeous, each with a different classic look and elegance, with windows and natural light. The staff at lunch was gracious and quick, and food was excellent! Best spinach salad I have had in a long time, and moist chicken with a great flavor. I love the glamour of their high ceilings and elegant historic look.
They also have wonderful staff, the doorman remembered my name and the waitress in the bar knew what we drank the 2nd night there! That attention to service and detail made my visit more enjoyable, even with long days of work. Also love that it it located right off Rock Creek Park, and the RC Parkway, which makes a cab ride to Capitol Hill areas a quick ride. The red line for Metro is also a block away, so convenient.
Overall a terrific hotel and if you like the classic, historic feel of what Washington DC represents, this should be your choice.

Room Tip: My room was on the street and very quiet except sirens one morning (hey, it's a city and this wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are thrilled that you were able to take comfort in the Omni Shoreham after long days of working. We appreciate you pointing out all of the details that made your stay a great one and we hope that it won't be long before you can return again!
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! The property is lovely, all the public spaces are absolutely gorgeous, spotless and luxe! The rooms themselves are super luxurious, numerous different floor plans make it feel very special, and not cookie-cutter. Tasteful decor, artwork, original architectural features, make this hotel feel like a beautiful apartment suite, not a typical hotel.

The baths are wonderful, I was lucky enough to have one with a window, tiled in marble with a phenomenal soaker tub. I loved being able to open the windows (albeit, only about 2 inches or so) to take advantage of the warm weather (18 Celsius there, -30 at home... WHAT a treat for 3 days!)

The bed was TO DIE FOR! A King size, with double pillow top mattress and TWO comforters (one down, one synthetic) I slept like a baby. The pillows were so amazing I took them apart to see the manufacturer and immediately purchased a pair from a local retailer when I returned home.

If you're concerned about the restaurant prices, try "Open City" restaurant, just across the street. Great prices and delicious bistro-style food.

Room Tip: Some rooms are laid out with a long hallway leading to the washroom. Those have windows, and afford...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure for us to read how much you enjoyed your time at the Omni Shoreham. We appreciate you writing a review and we hope you will stay with us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The omni is a beautiful hotel, inside and out. Great location, helpful staff, clean rooms with a very comfortable bed. We really enjoyed our stay. Hotel restaurants are high priced, but there are restaurants of every kind within a block of the motel. We're looking forward to staying at the Omni again next spring

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for writing a review of the Omni Shoreham. We look forward to welcoming you back in the spring!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I go this hotel at least once every couple of months; so i am certainly a fan. although i do have to admit that i was a bit taken aback my last visit; the fire alarm went off 2 times during the night and the late night room service messed up my order (which is pretty unusual for this place so really not a big deal). the best part about this place is the area its located in; it is just 5 minute (if that) walk to the metro and is pretty close to the national zoo (which is awesome) and some good restaurants (Open City, Taste of india, Thai taste, Medaterra and Chen's Chinese are pretty good) . The staff at the Shoreham is always spectacular and are consistent in providing great service when you need it. It is a bit pricey but the location and service makes it certainly worth it.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to the elevator and the housekeeping rooms and it tends to get a bit loud...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your loyalty to the Omni Shoreham Hotel and apologize for the late night disturbances during your most recent visit. We are glad that you have otherwise enjoyed your stays with us and we look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Another trip to Washington allowed me to stay at the Omni Shoreham. I found the same great service from every staff person I encountered. They really focus on providing a great experience...and didn't disappoint. From the minute I walked through the door I was greeted and made to feel valued and special. Check in was a breeze; they accommodated my request for a quiet room, which was spacious and had wonderful views from the bay window and even the bathroom! Robert's Restaurant for breakfast was great. Service and food for the functions I attended were stellar. Close to many fabulous restaurants and the zoo, this is a great place to lay your head!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
It is a pleasure for us to read that we are your home away from home in Washington, DC. Thank you for all of your complimentary words regarding our hotel and our associates. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband was attending a conference here at the hotel, and we were put in one of the Gardenview rooms. The view out of the window was gorgeous! We ordered room service many times throughout our stay and felt that it was the best we have had in a long time. The staff was always extremely accomodating and curteous and the concierge spent a long time assisting me to plan daytrips while my husband was busy. The first night we slept great (very comfortable beds and clean space); however, on the second and third nights, we struggled to get any sleep at all due to noisy neighbors. It was clear the the family next door was not trying to be unusually obnoxious, but the walls were so thin, we could nearly hear all of their conversations throughout the night... the noise was so loud that I was still being woken up after I put ear plugs in. It really surprised me that a hotel of this quality would have such weak noise insultation between rooms. I called the hotel front desk, and they were very kind about it and offered to call the family. Unfortunately, the problem was never really resolved (the level of noise persisted) throughout our stay and made for a bit of a miserable time for my husband and I who missed out on a couple of good nights rest. We were impressed with how the staff graciously handled it when we mentioned the problem to them, but I would not recommend getting a room in the Gardenview portion of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We regret to read that an otherwise great stay was marred by noise from the surrounding guest rooms. We understand how important a good night's rest can be and we apologize that we were not able to provide this during your time at our hotel. If you consider returning, we would be happy to work with you to make sure you are in a quiet area of the hotel. We appreciate all of your kind words regarding our associates and we truly hope for a second opportunity to provide you with a great stay.

Been to Omni Shoreham Hotel? Share your experiences!