“Great small hotel option” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE 10%
Ranked #49 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great small hotel option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is just a stone's throw from the enormous Hilton, the scene of many DC events. After a long day, we were thrilled to take a quick <5 min walk from that overstimulating environment to land in a quiet, warm relaxing cocoon of a room. It was small but well appointed bedroom and the bath was quite nice as well. There is a cosy common space and the staff was really helpful. Valet parking is available- a real relief in the city! We enjoyed our stay

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
George O, General Manager at The Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TumbleweedSmith, Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay, found our staff helpful, and that you were able to relax at the end of a hectic day across the street. We hope that the next time you travel to DC, you choose to stay with us again.
George Ochoa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just love this place...the staff is fantastic...the neighborhood historic! The rooms are cozy cute and clean....the bathrooms are lovely Marbel and glass....no vinyl shower curtains here! Yay!
The wine cheese cookies served from 5-6 every evening was so welcoming...good cookies too!
We got a great deal thru the hotels web site that gave us a 15% discount for 5 nights and free breakfast. They don't serve other meals but great eateries are nearby with a lot of choices ....Italian Russian, Indian , Mexican, and we ate tonite at a lovely Bistro recommended by the hotel. If you are tired of the chains and love buildings rich in History I think you'll like it too. You just can't beat the quality for such a reasonable price!

Room Tip: I understand the ticket is to face Wyoming st.and some of the deluxe King rooms have balconies But...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
George O, General Manager at The Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jeniheifer, Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel. It was so nice to read that you you loved us and enjoyed our staff, nightly wine hour and neighborhood. We hope that the next time you travel through the Washington area, you choose to stay with us again. We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Where to begin. First off the heat in the room was blasting at 95 degrees, literally. When I went to adjust the thermostat nothing happened so we called the front desk and they sent someone up. To my surprise the gentleman informed us the the thermostat was LITERALLY decoration and didn't do anything...seriously I wish I was kidding. Oh also, the lights in the room didn't work, and the ceiling light fixture was falling out of the ceiling. I would truthfully laugh at these shortcomings if it weren't for the fact that I've stayed in better places for less money. My advice, stay at a Motel 6.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Jon R ,I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your candid and detailed feedback with us. It is with great disappointment that I read your review and on behalf of the entire team we are deeply sorry for your recent experience at The Normandy Hotel. As you can see from previous reviews, this is not typical of a stay with us. I would love to hear back from you to get more details and find out which room you were in so that we can address the issues you described. It would be an honor to host you once again and restore your faith in us. Please let me now when your travels bring you back to Washington as I would like to personally ensure your next stay with us is a phenomenal one. My email: gochoa@thenormandydc.com.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely stay here. Loved the wine and cheese hour, and the simple but very good value for money breakfast. Room was lovely and cosy, despite it being -12 outside! A few old stains on the carpets but that's being really picky! Nice L'Occitane products in the bathroom. Gym offsite but really good - I enjoyed a spin class and a circuits class. Good location close to nice restaurants and bars.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Monsoon29, Thank you for taking the time to write your very nice review of our hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed so much about your stay like our nightly wine hour and the L'Occitane products in our bathrooms. We were also pleased to read that you took advantage of our partnership with Mint Health Club and Spa. It's a wonderful place. We truly hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
General manager
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have stayed at a number of the mid range major chains in DC and found them disappointing. The Normandy was a great change. Great location, clean rooms, nice beds, and really really great customer service. I'll definitely stay here again when I come back to DC.

Stayed June 2014
George O, General Manager at The Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear US-Asia-expat, Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. It was fantastic to read that you enjoyed so much about our hotel, like the rooms, beds and the "really really great customer service". We truly look forward to your next visit with us. Hopefully, that will be very soon.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently visited DC on business and my colleague and I stayed at the Normandy. The hotel was quite run down, and I had to be moved from the first room they gave me. I could live with the stains on the carpet, but not the yellow stain on the bed sheet.

The staff were very friendly, and moved me to a second room. Unfortunately it was above the garage, so every time the garage door opened I could hear it rumble. In addition, the heating system wasn't working, so they had to bring in a space heater.

Despite the friendliness of the staff, I would not recommend this hotel and I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms above the garage.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Margaret M, Thank you for honest review of your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours will help us improve. We truly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your time with us. We would like to assure that this is not typical of a stay at The Normandy. If you have a moment, please contact me directly, gochoa@thenormandydc.com or 202-448-1772, so that I can determine which rooms you were in and the dates you stayed with us. This will help ensure that proper maintenance is done on them. Again, we are sorry.
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Very nice room and hotel. Courteous and cheerful staff. Quickly responded when a light bulb was needed. Easy walk to DuPont Circle subway. Valet parking was $34. Continental breakfast pricey. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
George O, General Manager at The Normandy Hotel, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear familytravel0r, Thank you for your wonderful review of The Normandy. It was so nice to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. It was great to see that you found our staff courteous & cheerful and the walk to the subway so easy. We truly hope that on your next trip to the area, you choose to stay with us again.
George Ochoa

Been to The Normandy Hotel? Share your experiences!