I always rely on Trip Advisor for reviews before I travel, so I read a ton about this hotel. I read good things about it. I figured why be selfish. Write a review. I REALLY enjoyed this hotel. It was well appointed, very clean and easy to find. 1) the staff (front desk, concierge, bell desk, etc) were very friendly and extremely helpful. 2) the room was nice (a bit small, but expected), very clean and nicely appointed. As other people posted the air/heat system is VERY loud. But I just turned the fan on it down and got it to a reasonable level. 3) LOCATION! I barely got to hear the air/heat noise because I was out walking ALL DAY! This place is about as good a location as you can get. I walked to restaurants, walked to Brooks Brothers, walked to the Capital Mall and White House, Walked to Dupont Circle, and on and on and on. This is a great location because it's a nice walk everywhere and a short cab ($10 or so) to every great neighborhood I needed to visit. If you want to visit DC in great weather and walk everywhere, this is the place. 4) The price was excellent. I didn't mind going downstairs to use the internet when I needed (free WiFi in the lobby).
Overall I am very pleased with this hotel, and have booked it again for the next DC trip. I work with a political organization at the Capitol Station. I can walk to Foggy Bottom station and get there in 15 minutes. Great hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Hotel
- Washington Marriott Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expect stylish comfort from Washington Marriott, located in the West End business district and near the city's top attractions. Our well-established is blocks away from Georgetown, George Washington University (GWU), Dupont Circle, the businesses of K Street and midtown and much more. From a leisurely afternoon spent exploring monuments and museums to an evening out in trendy Foggy Bottom, our hotel is close to everywhere you want to be. Enjoy a casual American menu in our hotel restaurant, The Atrium, or a pre-game cocktail in our Court Lounge. An on-site fitness center, indoor pool and business center ensure you are taken care of while here and to top it off we offer free WiFi access on our lobby level.With our unique location on a tree-lined street just minutes from Dupont Circle, area businesses and two of the city's Metro stations, guests of our hotel can have a residential experience with immediate access to the bustle of the nation's capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Washington Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.