“Another Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lombardy

You added Hotel Lombardy to your Saves list
Hotel Lombardy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2019 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book & Save 10%
Ranked #21 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Another Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Hotel Lombardy and I am so happy to say that it is just as wonderful this year as last year. As has been mentioned in previous reviews, all the staff are great, highly professional, very helpful and extremely nice. The rooms are large and airy, extremely comfortable with comfy beds and wonderful linen.

The location is perfect - a pleasant walk to the National Mall, the White House and the Smithsonian Museums or a short walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro Station. The area felt very safe and is just down the street from George Washington University Hospital.

Unlike some reviewers I did not find the walls thin, however if you are a light sleeper definitely ask for a room overlooking the park since the garbage truck do collect early in the morning.

The Lombardy is truly a wonderful find and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something special in a very busy city. I will be sure to stay here the next time I travel to Washington!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park may be quieter in the early morning.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Greetings CA_Traveler-7,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit for the second time around and we look forward to having you stay again for many more visits.

Corrado Palenzona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My spouse and I really enjoy these kinds of Hotels, historic, period restored with a feel of the times when they were built. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Ready to help in whatever way they can, even to the point of going to a local CVS to get me some meds when I got food poisoning, (not at their restaurant). Upon a very late arrival, we were put in a small room due to a flight cancellation, but by the next day they had upgraded us to a 2 bed suite at no charge, probably because we were staying a week, but still that's the way to keep people happy, and build a great reputation. The Hotel is located about 5 minutes in between the Foggy Bottom Metro and the Farragut West Metro blue line stations, both of which give easy access to all of DC. The Smithsonian is about 3 stops away. Arlington is about the same in the other direction. If you stay here, some of the restaurants we liked we The Founding Farmers, 2 blocks walking, and Paul's Bakery, also 2 blocks. Enjoy your stay !!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Mefgames,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit, but sorry to hear that you fell ill, it sounds like you were able to recover enough to see the city thankfully.

Our team here is really dedicated to providing outstanding service all the time and I am glad that your experience with us was a reflection of that.

We look forward to having you stay again soon.

Sincerely ,

Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Fantastic location. A ten minute walk and you can be on the Mall, Kennedy Center, or any number of restaurants in Georgetown. Only took a cab once to Capitol Hill. The hotel has an old school European feel. Service and Staff first rate, can't say enough! From the Doorman, Front Desk Staff, to the Housekeeping Staff, everyone was friendly and professional. Had breakfast in the restaurant. Fast service and reasonably priced. For me the bar was the special gem. Not too big, quite cozy, and a great place to end the day. Tillman was our bartender while we were there. He mixes a great cocktail, and gave us some nice places to check out. Be sure to stop in and see him. Keep in mind that the hotel was built in 1929, so the walls are a tad on the thin side, and you may occasionally hear your neighbor. There is also a service alley that runs along the rear of the property. The garbage trucks collect the trash early in the a.m., so see if you can book a room overlooking the park. The hotel has no control over thin walls, or garbage pickup times, but what they can control they do a masterful job of it. I would not hesitate to stay at this gem again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the park are quieter than those at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Ron h,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we provided you with great service.

I will definitely let Tilman know that you mentioned him in your review if he has not seen it already.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Sincerely

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling to Washington DC for business for 12 years but never had occasion to stay at Hotel Lombardy until this week. I have stayed at dozens of hotels including the high-end ones and for the money Hotel Lombardy is the best by far. The rooms are large, have high ceilings, great beds and bedding, bathrooms with natural light and a HDTV with full cable. I was surprised to learn that most rooms include a kitchenette - a separate room, with a stainless steel kitchen, a table and chairs and a large window. There is an adorable restaurant on site with amazing food at reasonable prices and because the hotel is not enormous room service arrives quickly and hot. There is even a separate bar. But the very best thing about the hotel may be the service. Everyone is so helpful and happy. They anticipate your needs. When they are not helping you grab a cab they are polishing the brass on the front door or gifting guests with apples. It is as if you are in a Disney movie! I spoke with several guests and learned that many have been regulars for 5-10-15 years. I have never written such a glowing review and I even hesitate to let people know of this gem but this is such a gem I had to let them know. I will be a regular.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Greetings boomers2,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at the Hotel Lombardy, we realize you could have stayed many of other places.

Our staff is the best and we appreciate our guests so much and go out of our way to make every person feel welcome and at home.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you back.

South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is seriously my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in. The decor is lovely and unique, the bed was comfy, the shower was awesome. It's located within walking distance of basically everything you'd want to see in DC -- just about equidistant from the National Mall and the Lincoln Memorial (and everything near each of those). Just a short walk from the metro. Neighborhood it's in (Foggy Bottom) has lots of restaurants. The service was not just good, but actually noteworthy -- incredibly personalized, friendly service. I actually felt like a valued patron. The food (I had a strip steak, peach cobbler, and I let them choose a Merlot for me) was fantastic and the room service was surprisingly reasonably priced. And the rate was FANTASTIC. I will definitely, without a doubt, stay here every time I travel to DC.

If you feel like reading more, here's more:

-I flew into DCA and it only took me about 20 minutes total via the metro and walking to get to the hotel.
-The toiletries were great quality -- Bath & Body Works stuff with very subtle scent. I loved it.
-The coffee was really good.
-The bathroom was huge and had a little vanity to sit and do hair and makeup. I loved that. It made me feel fancy (hah).
-It had way more amenities than I would expect for the price. Fridge, fully stocked mini bar, coffee maker (and tea!), hair dryer, free in-room wifi, nice soft robe, on-site restaurant & lounge, room service. I feel like I'm forgetting stuff, even.
-Great neighborhood. Felt very safe, was very clean, even relatively quiet.
-Close to a bike share station, if you're into that sort of thing.

Loved it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Greetings krista1203,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Hotel Lombardy, I really enjoyed reading your review it was like reading a brochure.
We are so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was completely surprised by this lovely little gem. The welcoming staff were delightful, especially since they'd been dealing with the ramifications of a huge snow storm, stranding many guests. My parkview room was incredible - comfy bed, small kitchenette, even a tiny dressing area outside of the bathroom. The bar/lounge was terrific.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Sally F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We enjoyed two nights at this lovely little hotel last weekend. Nothing to complain about whatsoever. We had a cute room with a little kitchen and comfortable beds. We liked the uniqueness of the hotel and we found the staff to be very accommodating and pleasant. Easy check in. Good location. Our room was on the 9th floor and we did not hear any noise at all. It didn't have a great view, but we didn't care about that. Both of us slept quite soundly. We would definetely stay there again.

Room Tip: We liked being on a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings 1bookworm,

Thanks you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate you and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and most of all to that you would definitely come back.

We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Corrado Palenzona

Been to Hotel Lombardy? Share your experiences!