I had a mixed experience at the Lombardy.
- The hotel is nice as it provides for an authentic feel
- They managed to provide a well balanced mix between dated and originality, which is great and feels very appropriate when staying in D.C. from my perspective.
- If you prefer luxury and an all-new-feel than you will not find that at the Lombardy.
- The staff actually drags down my rating from 4 to 3 as there was constant up-selling on limousine even when asked for metered taxi
- Bell boys preferred to talk to each other than helping to open the door (at least show a reasonable attempt and not to just look, chat and ignore)
- Cleaning personal appeared unhappy and at times unfriendly.
- Reception staff was short and to the point and did not offer a map or the usual advise on local stuff.
- The hotel is located in a great and safe area, very convenient (20 min walk to White House, 5 min walk to Subway)
- Plenty of restaurants, Starbucks and breakfast places nearby.
I would not stay at hte Lombardy again as i feel that there are other choices available at that price point. Hotel management should check on their staff and improve in that area as it directly reflects to the hotel guest and experience.