“Nice hotel with only a few negative points” 4 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 9 sites
Save Saved
You added Hotel Lombardy to your Saves list
Hotel Lombardy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2019 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #17 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We just had the most wonderful stay at the Hotel Lombardy. This is truly a hidden gem. We stayed right next to the elevator -- heard not a sound. Our room was so large, the three of us felt like we had all the space in the world. A dressing room, kitchenete and bedroom. Luxury. This historic hotel had all the charm in the world. The lobby is very small -- almost a foyer, but there were always staff in that space willing to greet you, help with bags or directions. The restaurant was spectacular! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your visit here at the Hotel Lombardy and would like to Thank You for choosing to stay with us. It's great to hear when our guests have a wonderful experience and it looks like you had a chance to also experience our dining facility, which we think is definitely something all guest should indulge in.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed four nights at this hotel while we toured the sights of Washington. It is well sited for this purpose being only 5 mins from the Metro, 20 mins walk from Georgetown and 30 minutes to the Washington Monument,
The hotel is older on ten floors with lots of character, The room we had on the 10 floor was quiet, well furnished and very comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful.
They have a restaurant which served a good breakfast but, be warned, coffee is extra and there is a service charge as well as local taxes. It is way cheaper and quicker to use the local restaurants like Wholefoods near the Metro.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here with my in-laws for 4th of July last year, and we all loved it! A charming hotel in a good location...close to attractions but quiet. If you know when you'll be visiting, pay up-front and it's a great deal! Trust me getting a nice hotel in the District at our under $200 per night is a deal, I couldn't believe how nice this place is for the money. Also right down the block is the best breakfast around...Founding Farmers...a must!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and we hope to see you back this year for the 4th of July!

Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We took a redeye and got to the hotel at 6am, they were all awake at that hour and more than accomodating storing our luggage for our checkin at 3pm and directing to us to the only thing open at that hour McDonalds about 4 blocks away. And so our 7 day vacation begins. We walked to the White House, the Mall from Washington to Lincoln Memorial and everything inbetween and finally headed back to the Lombardy arriving about 2. The doorman from the morning greeted us and told us that our room was ready for us and took us to the office for our official checkin then he collected our bags and met us at the elevator. I really have to say that our entire stay was like that. Happy to see us, thanking us for staying with them asking if we needed anything. We received wonderful service. The Lombardy is 4 blocks from the White House, 2 to Metro, on the 32/36 bus route to the Capitol area and near all kinds of restaurants with one onsite "Cafe Lombardy", the fanciest "cafe" I have ever been in and the food is excellent. But thats is my other review. I had booked online in late January and received a very good rate compared to everything around that area and was very happy with the front facing room (501) with nice views of the 2 parks seperated by Pennsylvania Ave. The hotel is really on "I" Street where it crosses Penn, but Penn sounds better and is easier to find on the map.
Just be aware if I had waited they would have been booked full since it was Cherry Blossom Festival's final week with the parade on our final Saturday.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front of the building so you do get traffic noise even on the 5th floor and ther...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share the details of your visit. Our goal is to provide outstanding service to all of our guest and to ensure that they have memorable experiences and when that goal is achieved it makes us very happy. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I will say that for the price and location you really can't beat it. Super close to the Foggy Bottom Metro and right across the street from Founding Farmers, Paul and some other awesome eats.

The lobby is really non existent, which is fine however the staff wasn't really present. The elevator is extremely small. Seriously-if you have any issues with tight spaces it might be an issue. It wasn't for us, but I could not have taken my mother.

The room was extremely spacious, the bed comfy and the bathroom was really nice. This location is on the historic hotel list and it shows not only in the character of the room but nothing matches or has a theme. It reminds me of a guest room at someones house with hodge-podge furniture. Not trying to sound snotty-just want people to understand the feel. The electrical plugs are very, very sparse. Please advise if you have lots of tech devices.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. We take your observations very seriously and we consider the opinions of our guest very important.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at the Lombardy for 3 nights over St Patrick's Day and the location of the hotel was great. I was there for business, but had plenty of free time to see the sights and the hotel was ideally situated for both the business side and the tourist side.

It was only about a 5 minute walk to the nearest subway station (Foggy Bottom GWU) and a 10-15 minute walk to the Whitehouse. I also had no problem getting a taxi from outside the hotel.

Service at the hotel was great and check-in was quick and staff were very helpful.

The room was a bit small, but that suited me as I was on my own. The room was spotless for the duration of my stay. The bed was very comfortable and there was a great choice of TV channels (which was great for me as a sports fan). The only issue with the room was that the air-con unit was very noisy and every now and then for 5-10 minutes made a noise and then cut off again.

I had breakfast at the hotel on two mornings and I have to say it was one of the nicest breakfasts that I have had at a hotel. I would highly recommend the eggs benedict with smoked bacon. It was very good.

I was staying with work and there didn't have to pay myself, but think the room and breakfast was around £220 per night.

If I go back to Washington, I would definitely look at staying at the Lombardy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Greetings keithmcb,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that we were able to address the air conditioning problem while you were here and I hope that it was to your satisfaction.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Corrado Palenzona

Been to Hotel Lombardy? Share your experiences!