“A happy ending, thanks to an excellent staff person” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lombardy

You added Hotel Lombardy to your Saves list
Hotel Lombardy
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2019 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20006 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Romantic DC Getaway
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“A happy ending, thanks to an excellent staff person”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lombardy for two nights in February. The attention by the bellperson at the front door was exceptional. He was helpful in small ways. We found the rooms to have character and very comfortable. My husband forgot his car key and door keys in the safe. We thought to call the Lombardy three weeks later and Dania in housekeeping was the person who found them after we checked out. She is the person who answered the phone, gave us the good news, verified they were our keys, took the delivery instructions and sent the keys to us via our chosen way. She said she was worried that we might not call and was delighted that we did! Very professional and very efficient in the handling of what would have become a huge problem for us. Dania--you are the best!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in providing outstanding service to our guests. I have shared your response with Denia and the rest of our staff, she was happy to be able to help. Again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Lombardy and we look forward to having you with us again.

Corrado Palenzona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Lombardy on business for two nights in Feb. 2013. Unfortunately I arrived very sick with a nasty cold and no voice. The staff there were very accommodating, checking to make sure I was doing OK (and not in a creepy way) - from the room service staff to the bell staff.

Room was clean and well appointed. Furnishings in that "American Heritage" feel - not my style but very nice. In my particular room, there was a foyer door between the main room and the door into the hall, which I really liked. I spent pretty much all my time there when not in meetings. Room service menu was pretty limited, and since I ate in my room for breakfast and dinner I was starting to feel those limitations by my last night. That's the only reason for 4 stars instead of 5. I would absolutely go out of my way to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to have you stay with us again soon.

Sincerely

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've stayed here several times over the last year for medical travel and it is my hotel of choice. It is clean, quaint, and a short cab ride from my destination (Georgetown). The location is great (a convenient and lovely area) and the hotel is beautiful and historic. (This trip I finally remembered to check the tag on the oh so comfy pillows so I could order them for my home).

Also, the restaurant is reasonably priced, with excellent food and service; I always eat my evening meal there.

My consistently good experience there has compelled me to write my first ever trip advisor review.

Room Tip: Some (maybe all) rooms have a kitchen type area with a small table & chairs, and a fridge. That...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you and congratulations on writing your first TripAdvisor review and we are glad that it is our hotel that you are writing about. We strive to offer excellent service to our guest and are glad that you get that experience each time you visit. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Scituate MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at Hotel Lombardy. It was my third stay at this hotel. I was a bit disappointed with the service this time. The first night I was there I had plans to go out. There is a vanity table with a mirror and table lamp in a small alcove. The alcove is windowless and a bit dark as its between the room and bathroom, and the light on the vanity did not work, so it was difficult to get ready. On my way out for the evening, I stopped at the front desk and told the staff, and was assured they would take care of it. I came back in late, and didn't think to check the lamp. The next morning, I was getting ready to go out, tried the lamp, and it had not been fixed - got ready in the dark again.

Also, while there, I lost my room key. I stopped at the desk to let them know and request a new one. The man at the desk seemed annoyed at me and was not friendly at all. He then gave me a new key after asking my room number without requesting any ID from me which was concerning.

After these two incident's I'm not sure I'll rush back for another stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that our service this time was less than what I know our staff is capable of providing. We strive to provide outstanding service to all of our guest all of the time. I would like to ask if you can contact me directly with your name so that I can find out some specific information from you. I take concerns like this very serious and will definitely address these issues. I look forward to hearing from you.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is in better shape than some of the other "heritage" hotels in the immediate area -- perhaps more recently renovated. Very clean and spacious, with thoughtful touches (free bottled water on arrival, nice toiletries, cushy towels and robe) throughout. Gym is tiny and crowded, but why not get out and walk instead? It's an older building, so there are a few quirks -- eg, not as many power outlets (or not as conveniently placed) as our current tech-enabled culture might prescribe. Staff was ok, not super-friendly, but not intrusive, either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit. We take pride in our facility and the fact that we are a preserved hotel registered with the Historic Hotels of America. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit and we look forward to having you back.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed there two nights on business .Arrived late due to flight delay. Efficient check-in to comfortable room, good bed (perhaps a bit on the soft side but a matter of taste ), a coffee machine and fridge, good internet and somewhat dated bathroom( but remember this is an heritage hotel). Breakfast is à la carte ; it comes fairly quickly ( 5-10 minutes wait) and servings both days were quite generous (eggs benedict with smoked salmon were yummy). Staff was very good from receptionist offering DC map to doorman providing directions to CSV to waiters in dining room fixing up a side order of yogurt . And the complimentary paper is the Washington Post ,not USA today! I did not pay for this so I cannot comment on value.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back away from Pennsylvania avenue will be quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and had a chance to experience our dining outlet and quality service that we provide to our guests. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Loved staying at the hotel Lombardy over the weekend. Everyone was friendly, especially the bell hop who cam sour to park our car, and then said if we can find a spot for a few hours, we wouldn't have to pay for parking overnight because we stayed on Presidents' Day weekend and.mondau was a holiday. Saved us $80in parking!!!! Very happy with that. Very clean hotel.

Stayed February 2013
Thanks for choosing the Hotel Lombardy, we are happy that you enjoyed your visit and hope to have you with us again soon.

Corrado Palenzona

Been to Hotel Lombardy? Share your experiences!