“Great Location, Helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

L'Enfant Plaza Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   480 L'Enfant Plaza, Washington DC, DC 20024   |
Ranked #107 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Sycamore, Illinois
“Great Location, Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Contrary to several previous reviews, we had excellent service upon checking in. The desk clerk was extremely helpful, the bell staff also quite helpful. The location of the hotel is superb; walking distance to monuments, DC Mall, The Capitol, the White House, Union Station, etc. The hotel is old, and could use a make over, but the rooms were clean, quite large, and the outdoor pool was in service. There is a promenade level which has good fast food restaurants for a quick, reasonably priced breakfast, and the Metro is also a level below that. All in all, I would recommend staying there; good price, clean, easy access to transportation.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room that faces pool side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Sycamoresue49,
We would definitely like for you to stay with us again! We love to hear great feedback from our guests and it brings us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay. At L'Enfant Plaza we stress quality customer service and we are glad that we were able to provide it while you were here. We look forward to having you during your next trip to the DC area.

Best Regards,

Dwayne Dean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We travel frequently as a family and have stayed in all caliber of hotels... with that said we still decided to book because of the location, regardless of bad reviews... um popcorn ceiling, soiled sheets.. soiled pink light blue and gold pictures from the early 90's, 13 inch tv, pink 1980's lamps, peeling wall paper, missing baseboards, does not look anything like the the pictures online, we abandoned our reservation, we couldn't even stay, trust me when I tell you even if a hotel is ugly and old.. the most important is cleanliness. Not the Case.. its the least they can do after all. . They are supposed yo be a hotel, more like a motel you rent by the hour. My advise, find a Westin.

• Stayed July 2013
LEnfantPlazaHotel, General Manager at L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Junpau,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that we could not make your stay at L'Enfant a better one. We thank you for your business and your comments which we will use to better serve future guests.

Best Regards,

Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a horrible experience upon check-in. We had a livingsocial deal displayed on our cell phone but the front desk made us go down the hall to the Business Center to print it. Then, we had to wait in line again-- this delayed our check-in for 45 minutes. Also, the livingsocial deal said we were to get a "superior view" room, but we had a view of the heating vent. We called the front desk, but they could not give us what we reserved. In addition, before check-in, when we called for more specific directions, the operator transferred us to the front desk who never answered the phone. We called three times, but could not get in touch with the main desk. We travel a lot, and come to Washington DC frequently, but we will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary M,

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that your stay at L'Enfant Plaza was disappointing. Please know we have addressed each department concerning your issues while staying here especially not being able to get through to the Front Desk. Again, thank you for your feedback. It is our hope that you would try staying with us again. Thank you for your business.

Washington, D.C.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a 1 star bc of the great location but other then that I would give this hotel 0 stars if I could. We had to switch rooms bc the 1st one had a broken ac motor that was so loud. In the new room the next day, the toilet started overflowing. The customer service (manager) was rude and wasn't a bit apologetic for our inconveniences. There was a person who claimed to be a lifeguard at their pool who looked more of a gangster than a lifeguard. What type of lifeguard wears shoes and talks on the phone at the pool?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear May Y,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that your stay at L'Enfant Plaza was unsatisfactory. Please know we have addressed each department concerning your issues while staying here. We have also replaced the previous lifeguard. It is our hope that you would try staying with us again. Again, thank you for your feedback and for your patronage.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Telephone contact with the reservation staff to confirm my reservation was rude and lacking. Heather and George were the only civil employees I spoke with.. The rest were in need of serious customer service training. I was berated by one of the staff because I made my reservations through a third party. Another friend of mine received the same treatment and felt compelled to lodge a complaint.
I am not looking forward to my stay at the L'Enfant next week but I'm locked into a contract and the room is paid for. I requested double beds but they refuse to accommodate me. I pray my stay isn't as bad as the reviews.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear vshdst;

Thank you for your comments. Let me apologize for any rude behavior that may have been exhibited; as this is not how we do business. We appreciate your feedback and we will use it to better serve future guests.

Regards,

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The L'Enfant Plaza Hotel is 2 block South of the Smithsonian Castle which is great if you have a couple days to visit all the mall has to offer. We went East one day and West the other.

The shops and eateries below provide a variety of choices to get a quick bite to eat. The Hotel is on top of the Metrorail station and very easily accessible. There are offices between the 2nd and 11th floors so the weekend was not full of tourist traffic.

The staff at L'Enfant were all friendly and helpful. We will stay here again when we have the opportunity to visit the country's capital.

Room Tip: We stayed on the North side of the building. From our balcony we could see the Capital building, th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear rider_walt,

We were thrilled to read your review of our hotel. We are so glad that you found our hotel wonderful. Customer Service is a priority to us and we are glad that we were able to make you feel welcome and at home. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your feedback. Please socialize with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Catonsville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked this room for a fun family vacation. It has a metro stop right under the hotel. Is the closest to all the museums national malls and exhibits. There is a great deal of construction outside the hotel. There was a loud jack hammer pounding outside our window. I had to wait about ten minutes to check in while the staff engaged in private conversations laughing and joking without acknowledging they had guests waiting. I finally check in and was informed there was an adult swim party the next day and my child would be unable to use the pool for a total of 8 hours. This was one of the reasons I choose this hotel. We were already checked in and the other option for rooms included a view of construction workers with fork lifts. I was out of options at this point I already pre paid for the room so I was stuck and its not like the staff was trying To accomodate me in any way. Taking a shower the water never got cold the housekeeping staff was outside my room yelling down the hall laughing and joking ( second time for staff) at 8:30 am. Guess this was my wake up call I didn't ask for. To top it off after hours of touring dc and having a really great day with my family at the sites we come back to the room to rest before dinner and the music from the adult swim party was so loud the desk table chairs and mirror were shaking in my room. I called the front desk and they informed me they rented the space and had no control over the music or the extreme decimal level it was being played at. There was cursing and half naked women that could be heard and seen by my children. Horrible experience. Wouldn't recommend at all to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to L'Enfant Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!